Best And Worst Class Story?

ToffeeNinja

I quite enjoyed the Inquisitor Story, and being able to wield a Double-lightsaber made my Character a slight bit ******. I tried the Consular and got Past Chapter 1, Hated it.

Best: (In my Opinion) Inquisitor.

2nd best. (My Opinion.) Agent & Smuggler.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all awesome opinions, it seems that most people had differentiating ones because of their different choices they made within their respective stories. It is unfortunate that Bioware gave us the option to make a dull character; however, there are two sides to every coin, and so they also gave us the freedom to make an amazing character within the Star Wars universe as well. Bioware did this because the job of a writer is to make characters within a story as real and life like as possible. That said real people aren't real unless they fail, fall, or lose. They have to. A character that wins all the time is a stale character. I have played all of the Force using classes in this game and have started with all of the non-Force using ones to varying different degrees. Now, I definitely have a bias towards dark sided characters and that is my main choice of play through in any Star Wars/Bioware game. However, I did want to vary it up a bit and give life to my characters. There are more than lightside and darkside choices, there are non aligned personality choices in conversations and cutscenes as well. If you stay consistent your character will be much more enjoyable. Below I will list the classes, gender, personality/alignment types, and the act completed beside them. My opinion is solely based upon your choices actually mattering to the NPCs or if they were ignored. Also, if I feel they could have expanded more. There will be ZERO spoilers.

SIth Warrior: Male: Act III: Dark Side/Chaotic Murderer: This was the first I played through, and overall it was amazing. I do not feel they should have changed anything. I felt like a true Sith and every one of my choices made a difference. I am currently re-rolling light side on this class. Roll this class if you want to know more about being a sith. That is really for both Sith classes.

Sith Inquisitor: Female: Act III: Dark Side/Sarcastic Manipulative: Some parts were really serious and others were downright hilarious. There are some things that I would change; however, during this story you definitely feel the actual frustration of the character and the prejudice you face from coming up from slavery. (That was not a spoiler, it's in the opening credits). I am re-rolling for new advanced class and different personality. Roll this class if you like a fun-filled experience and really well connected story.

Jedi Knight: Male: Act III: Dark SIde/Republic Patriot: If you like KOTOR I and II play this class! This class has very original characters that you definitely feel for. It is very emotional and the music adds to it. Notice I went Republic Patriot, this is very much like Anakin; he wants to do what's right but doesnt know how. It made the dark side playthrough much more enjoyable. This personality put purpose in the dark side decisions my character made. Some of those choices did go unheard by the NPC or were not available to me which was unfortunate but I still enjoyed. I am re-rolling light side and female on this class.

Jedi Consular: Female: Act III: Light Side/The Helping Hand: Act 1 of this story was amazing. You really felt like a Jedi making a difference. This story is good; however, this story feels separated. It feels kind of discontinued and there are some jumps. The ending of the story makes it worthwhile. Re-playing male and dark side. Roll this class if you like role-playing.

Trooper: Male: Prologue: Dark SIde/Renegade Soldier: So far so good, don't have any complaints. Roll this class if you like Mass Effect.

Smuggler: Female: Act I: Dark Side/ Credit Hound: Pretty good so far. The situations that happen to you are hilarious. I recommend being light side and sarcastic, I have heard it makes the story way better. I love dark side though so I am stickin' with this. I feel like the Female voice actor definitely was in Rugrats, tell me if I am wrong lol. Roll this class if you like Han Solo, and hate hutts.(Greedo is included because I assume he loves Hutts).

Bounty Hounter: Female: Started: Dark SIde/Extravagant Gun for Hire: Since I just started I don' really have much of an opinion; however, I do love the idea of the story so far. It is very interesting. Roll this class if you like Boba Fett or Jango.

Imperial Agent: Male: Prologue: Dark Side/Imperial Patriot: This personality may change due to changes in story. But simply all I can say about this is being a spy is awesome. Roll this class if you like James Bond, Splinter Cell, or Metal Gear Solid.

Overall each story has its own pros and cons. I have found that in most of the class stories, Act II is the least exciting with the exception of the Sith Inquisitor. It was very different from normal. I believe Bioware made Act II this way because it is more of a transition between 1 and 3. My overall favorite as of now is the SIth Warrior, I think that might be because I played it first but who knows. That opinion might change later on. If you read all the way through this, thank you for taking the time and I hope this helped you.

I just finished the Bounty Hunter - my 5th Complete Class Story. I have done Smuggler, Jedi Knight, Agent, Trooper, and Bounty Hunter to 50.

I rate story's from 3 categories - Overall Story, Companions, and Dialog.

The Bounty Hunter has some pretty decent Dialog choices and really good companions. The overall story is not good. quite a few people have said it has a great Act 3 and I kept expecting it to get better.

It is the same basic story the entire way though. Go to a planet and capture/kill a bad guy. I guess in the most simple form it sticks to what a bounty hunter does -collects bounties. They could have added some real twists and turns to the plot and given it some real flavor but it pretty much never changes.

At least the trooper has some very epic moments in a very straight forward story.

My Ratings.

Agent 10/10

Smuggler 9/10

Jedi Knight 8/10

Trooper 7/10

Bounty Hunter. 5/10

Edited by dmanlong

• 11 months later...

Jedi Knight - Predicable

Smuggler - Funny, but went too overboard

JC - Most boring story I've ever seen

Trooper - Act 1 was brilliant. Actt 2 and 3, though not as good, are pretty awesome

Sith Inquisitor - Not terrible, but not that good

Bounty Hunter - Had a lot of awesome moments and knew how to keep you in suspense

Sith Warrior - Great atmosphere and some good characters. the ending is one of the most epic climaxes in the game. I think that it had the most interesting companions. overall it is good

Imperial Agent - At first I thought it would be lame since it was some one who didn't use the force, but....... The imperial agent is one of this games strongest stories.

The writing it brilliant, the side characters are memorable. The atmosphere was great and it always had great tension, plus the voice actors for the agent are some of the best in the game in my opinion. The only downside of this was that the companions are......eh

Of the ones I've played:

Rep-side:

Smuggler -- Hands down, the best Prologue and Act I. You absolutely must roll a Smugg in order to experience the brilliance of the conversation with Trymbo on the origin-planet if you've any sense of humour at all. Kinda loses its way through Act II, but rallies back for a big old bang-up finish in the finale. The Smuggler gets most of the best lines, too.

(Just as an aside: I'm a hopeless starry-eyed Gunslinger-lover from waaaaaay back, but the sound/animation of the Scoundrel's Sucker-Punch/Flying Fists has been making me LOL every single time of late. Seriously, it's friggin' hilarious :))

Trooper -- Nice and solid. Basically a fun old '80s action-movie, from back in the days when action-movies were good, and very easy to enjoy as a result, especially as a Commando. IMHO, one thing this story does really well is to show the "shades of grey" between light and dark, and how doing one's duty in a fundamentally "good" sense does not always equal doing the fundamentally "morally-good" thing.

Jedi Consular -- Brilliant concept, held back by poor execution, and insufferably wooden voice-acting that is almost painful to listen to at times. The blatant /handwaving away of any even remotely "dark" choices is also grating. Very unfortunate, as this story could have rivalled the IA easily in its own way, otherwise.

Jedi Knight -- Only got to Rep-Taris so far, but...meh. Far too predictable, far too stock and jejeune "U R TEH BIG HERO!!111" for my tastes. As well, I utterly refuse to believe that the guy-Knight is voiced by David Hayter (Solid freakin' Snake, man!!!), I know well that he can do much, much better.

Imp-side:

Imperial Agent -- what can I say that hasn't already been said umpty-dozen times? By far the best of the lot. Also contains one of the game's most delightfully disturbing and downright creepy moments when

Darth Zhorrid is telling you about how her father (Darth Jadus) taught her to sing, and the eventual result of this.

Bounty Hunter -- This story is proof that a story doesn't have to be stunningly original to be good, as long as the basic quality is there, and the BH definitely has this. And the BH also has the most fun companion-crew --yes, even that odious tub of guts, Skadge. (Although I still can't get past how blatantly the writers railroad you into taking him. That was a big blot on what is otherwise a "quality product" throughout.)

Sith Inquisitor -- The most overtly "personal" of the Imp-side stories, IMO, and to its credit, maintains a solid direction throughout all three Acts, which some of the others don't always do. Andi Revel is rapidly becoming one of my favourite companions, too. ("How's this for shooting?" said so conversationally --he could just as easily be saying "How 'bout those Flames last night?" as he and my Lightning Sorc just turn everything to vapour in like, seconds.)

Sith Warrior -- Haven't played, but: If one of the major antagonists has a thread devoted to him which is basically 80+ pages of fat-jokes, then you know there's bound to be something good in there :)

Edited by midianlord

Agent-The only one where an insane number of actually distinct possibilities arise.

Warrior-horrible if played strictly darkside, no depth. Beautiful and touching and intense as **** as played light side. (personal favorite)

Inquisitor-predictable, almost bad at times but the hilarity of some of the people you face makes it all worth it.

BH-god awful horrific. No connected story, no character development. Light side choices retcon'd. Full of one liners that barely make things passable.

Smuggler- meh I didnt think it was bad.... about all I can say about it.

Knight-2nd worst story in game. Utterly predictable with no grasp on choice/intellect. feels like it was written for 12 yr old boys watching star wars for the first time. All I want to do is kill the general... Is that too much to ask? Not even humorous.

Consular-Most underrated story in the game. Only story where every single faction world mission feels directly tailored for this Class. Requires a great deal of finery of mind to appreciate, a very subtle string of remarks/actions that have lasting character impacts later. Worst thing about it is like the bounty hunter, its opposite side choices were clearly an afterthought and dark side feels weird. "I may be a diplomat, but Saresh you can go **** yourself before I help you."

Trooper-Worst class story in game. Poor development leaves you feeling as empty as with the BH but without the comedic relief.

Ya, exactly. I don't know, maybe in the SW universe hit man and bounty hunter are the same thing. But I wanted to find the galaxies most wanted. Not just do the imperials dirty work.

In act two, you are hunting the galaxy's most wanted

Smuggler: Female: Act I: Dark Side/ Credit Hound: Pretty good so far. The situations that happen to you are hilarious. I recommend being light side and sarcastic, I have heard it makes the story way better. I love dark side though so I am stickin' with this. I feel like the Female voice actor definitely was in Rugrats, tell me if I am wrong lol. Roll this class if you like Han Solo, and hate hutts.(Greedo is included because I assume he loves Hutts).

In case you haven't noticed or been informed, the actress for the Female Smuggler voices Phil and Lil from Rugrats.

Mind you, I have yet to play through Trooper and only got half-way through Ch.1 on BH. As such, I won't include them in my judgements.

Smuggler: Not amazing, but still good. I play a female and just love it. The responses are just so right for the class. My only real complaint is that it doesn't feel as if you play a significant role. Granted, that kind of fits the theme of the class.

Agent: I actually wasn't a huge fan of this one. I agree with most people when they say it was one of the best. However, it felt a bit cliche. It was incredibly epic. For the most part, it was rather predictable. I knew who the Ch.1 antagonist was the moment you met him. Ch.2 was less predicable but for the most part, you saw what was coming. The only real difference was the final chapter. This one was harder to predict. I did feel accomplished by the end though.

Consular: This is actually my favorite story. In the first chapter, you really felt like you were saving the entire Jedi Order. The second chapter, I felt like the unsung hero of the Republic. It was pretty awesome, if you ask me. The last one really did it for me. You pretty much just saved the entire galaxy behind the scenes. Almost nobody knew what you were about to do. Yet, you had one of the largest impacts. At least, in my opinion.

Knight: I just hated this story. To me, the knight is this games "Revenge of the Sith" I found it rather uninteresting, despite what your actions were. The only thing that made it slightly interesting was Kira and Doc haha.

Warrior: I'm rather torn on this one. It felt almost like it was written for the Agent, but with an added Sith twist. I don't know. I like it, but it feels rather off.

Edited by Nakkyi

Knight-2nd worst story in game. Utterly predictable with no grasp on choice/intellect. feels like it was written for 12 yr old boys watching star wars for the first time. All I want to do is kill the general... Is that too much to ask? Not even humorous.

Consular-Most underrated story in the game. Only story where every single faction world mission feels directly tailored for this Class. Requires a great deal of finery of mind to appreciate, a very subtle string of remarks/actions that have lasting character impacts later. Worst thing about it is like the bounty hunter, its opposite side choices were clearly an afterthought and dark side feels weird. "I may be a diplomat, but Saresh you can go **** yourself before I help you."

Consular: This is actually my favorite story. In the first chapter, you really felt like you were saving the entire Jedi Order. The second chapter, I felt like the unsung hero of the Republic. It was pretty awesome, if you ask me. The last one really did it for me. You pretty much just saved the entire galaxy behind the scenes. Almost nobody knew what you were about to do. Yet, you had one of the largest impacts. At least, in my opinion.

Knight: I just hated this story. To me, the knight is this games "Revenge of the Sith" I found it rather uninteresting, despite what your actions were. The only thing that made it slightly interesting was Kira and Doc haha.

I agree with both of you regarding Consular and Knight. I think Consular was the best (most plausible) and most underrated story by far. Amazing how many on genchat pan it and hail the Knight one (which I found so over the top and implausible-- only you can save everything!). I think you are likely right about its fanbase DuEldrvarya (though I find it the worst so far myself. I didn't mind the Trooper story-- it worked and was plausible if rather formulaic, but then the same can be said for many others-- Smuggler and Hunter work rather similarly. The Inquisitor was just a reach for power really and also plausible fun. I just didn't find it as compelling as the Consular.

Edited by CrispyWalrus

Sith and Jedi stories are very cliche'd. Same can be said of the Trooper. BH was alright but I felt a little too much like the Empire's whipping boy or Janitor cleaning up there s***. Smuggler was pretty bad in my opinion. Imperial Agent was alright. They all have their faults but overall enjoyed most of them. Except Smuggler, I just really wish we actually did some Smuggling instead of Treasure Hunting. Indiana Jones smuggled more crap then the Smuggler.

Ill go from best to worst

Agent: Great story, everything is beautifully done, If this story was it's own game, i would play that game 200 times over.

Smuggler: Havent finished Act 3, but great story, Act 1 is probably the best, Act 2 is a bit weak, havent finished Act 3.

Warrior: Classic sith story, works well. Could be more interesting

Inquisitor: Great overall story, most recently finished it also, works well, but Act 3 is boring as ****. Act 1 is forgetable at best...

Bounty Hunter: Most underrated story ever, most hilarious story in general, great to play Darkside if you know how to use Companion gifts effectively.

Consular: Watched my dad play through it, and was utterly bored with it... Had NO development whatsoever in the characters, and just felt bland.

Knight: Classic, Jedi saves the world story, havent finished it yet, but played my Gunslinger through it with my Dad playing a Sent. Decent enough, could use some more spice.

Trooper: This story just sucks. the Prologue is decent, Act 1 is ok. Acts 2 and 3 are BORING... And there's absolutely no character devolopment whatsoever...