Question about Sorcerer survivability

Balsa

Hello all. My current main is a tanking Jedi Shadow, but I just love the Sith flavor, dialog options, and so forth. It just feels so much better. Instead of playing another Shadow, I wanted to try a Sorcerer, but I'm reading some threads that they're quite squishy, frustratingly so, to the point that solo PVE (leveling up) is a pain in the butt.

So, I'd like to know, just how squishy is a Sorcerer? I also do not wish to use Khem all the time; I'd like to have Ashara as my primary companion. My Jedi Shadow has had no problems whatsoever leveling to the mid-20's, but he's a tank spec. Is a Lightning Sorcerer with Ashara viable for questing all the way up to level 50? (Or even the Madness Sorcerer).

I also don't want to be forced to use all methods of intricate CC weaving and stuff. And I'm not asking to be invincible; I'm simply a bit worried when I read that a Sorcerer will probably not survive a mob pack that includes a single Strong mob.

Any feedback or anything is helpful!

If you're smart while leveling solo, you can tackle any solo missions set before you. Some Elites and Strong mobs can be a real pain in the buttocks because they have certain skills that rip Khem, or you apart. The good news is that when you get your interrupt they become manageable. Proper use of your bubble, heals, and cds and the class levels just fine. Level 38 Sorcerer here.

As for using Ashara. That will be up for you to decide, I found it was too difficult to manage health and mine at the same time, so I just stick with Khem.

Edited by Supersomething

It sounds like that one would almost have to rely on Khem as a companion in order to have an enjoyable soloing experience. Is that correct?

I'm nearing the end of Korriban, so I need to make a choice of advanced class, and I'm still unsure if I should go tanking or healing/caster. :(

What spec were you? I''m leaning towards Lightning and possibly Madness.

Again, I''m really hoping to use Ashara as my primary companion for flavor and RP purposes, so if I can avoid Khem, that''d be cool.

Khem=tank=great for dps leveling. If you really find Khem that appalling then use him to tank and switch out to another companion for story and quest stuff. As a sorcerer he is your best bet until Xalek. As an assassin tank, you might be better served with a dps companion.

As madness spec I actually had khem in dps stance once I got death field in to my mid 30's at which point I started taking to much damage and switched him back to tank.