How hard are Heroic Flashpoints???

I have been doing all pvp for the gear and have several pvp pieces. Now I'm on the Biochem band wangon aiming to get the re-useables packs. I have heard the Alloy you need to make the packs are in Heroic FP and OPs. My question how hard are the Heroic FP's? Any info would be great. Really wish there was a search button.

actually they are quite hard... for example my mates and me we are going false emperor hm every day... and we are never able to kill the sith entity before it goes enrage... The other bosses are tricky too, but there are some that stand out of the crowd.

Don't expect BT hm to be super hard (although the jedi is a real dps race ;D)

/edit:

If you and the group doesn't suck, it's fairly easy. Some Trash Grp's are little tought, but with some CC easy doable, at least i felt so.

/signed. You wont get through a single hm without using ccs! ;)

Edited by xCrabanx

most are easy enough, maybe directive 7 and that other one on Ilum are a bit tougher.

If you are wearing champ gear it will cirtainly not be a a problem. I know its geared for Pvp, what with all the expertise but it still beats the turd gear u have when u ding 50.

Just my opinion though :>

I have been doing all pvp for the gear and have several pvp pieces. Now I'm on the Biochem band wangon aiming to get the re-useables packs. I have heard the Alloy you need to make the packs are in Heroic FP and OPs. My question how hard are the Heroic FP's? Any info would be great. Really wish there was a search button.

They are all doable in 45-50 blues, and since you already have some PvP pieces, you should be able to breeze through them (assuming the rest of your group is adequately geared and knows the fights). This site seems to have good guides for heroic FPs if you need them: http://www.torpro.net/pve.

The few heroic flashpoints I have done (in a mix of PvP gear and blues) haven't been too difficult per se....just long and exhausting.

False Emperor, for example, has too many "interesting" trash pulls. I don't mind difficult trash nor do I mind numerous trash pulls...but they need to either pick numerous or fewer more difficult trash.

I also felt like we were doing a lot of running and hitting WAY too many elevators.

So this probably doesn't answer your question about gear but you should be warned that clearing many heroic flashpoints is more than a 30 minute enterprise.

Finally, be prepared to die and don't be afraid to google boss strats.

Edited by Thespion

Depends on the bugs, some of them are really overtuned or bugged so they are not easy, and even some are not completable unless you waste too much time.

BT is pretty easy, and from them it ramps up fast.

So far its easier to find 7 competent people and do normal Eternity Vault, and each boss drops 2 alloys. You may have some troubles with Soa (last boss) , but the first four are really easy, and double in 2-3 hours tops with no experience on them.

Edited by Ithylid

actually they are quite hard... for example my mates and me we are going false emperor hm every day... and we are never able to kill the sith entity before it goes enrage... The other bosses are tricky too, but there are some that stand out of the crowd.

Don't expect BT hm to be super hard (although the jedi is a real dps race ;D)

/edit:

/signed. You wont get through a single hm without using ccs! ;)

Sith entity is an optional boss... Even with great dps he seems to enrage on the last phase.. You need to make sure your melee dps do not go in until he does his aoe knockback ability while enraged.. Tank uses cooldowns, profit.

The few heroic flashpoints I have done (in a mix of PvP gear and blues) haven't been too difficult per se....just long and exhausting.

False Emperor, for example, has too many "interesting" trash pulls. I don't mind difficult trash nor do I mind numerous trash pulls...but they need to either pick numerous or fewer more difficult trash.

Amen to the trash. Hard trash is fine. Lots of hard trash is annoying. Especially when it bugs out half the time when someone accidentally knocks it off the edge.

FE seems to be the worst offender in terms of trash, though. BP is almost as bad but the trash isn't nearly as deadly. If my group is in full epics, HMs shouldn't be a 2-hour ordeal with 30min of trash.

Right now, HMs in general are not worth the hassle. Better gear can be had far easier with PVP.

Edit: @OP, your best bet for the Biometric Alloy with the least hassle is to run HM BT everyday, and pug normal EV. Every boss in EV drops 2 alloys on 8man.

Edited by Farabee