Would Bioware change a class story?

JergDeathstriker

I played the Sith Warrior story which was an awesome story. However i thought the Trooper story was lacking and i became disappointed to find a story i didn't like in this game. Would Bioware change a story in the game? i want to hear peoples opinion on if stories should be changed or not, or if Bioware plans to make more choices with ending results which is what i really want to see. What do you want to see?

What i think trooper story needs.

You should be given the option to capture and take in the squad, Wraith was mysterious and i wanted to learn about her, killing her is a waste of a good character.

Edited by JergDeathstriker

Well, to be totally fair....

...You do have the option to ask every single former member of Havoc Squad to surrender. Heck, you can even be insistant about it, sometimes. Wraith, especially, you can ask her to surrender twice (I think). However, it's kind of the fault of the characters themselves who don't accept.

Wraith was Tavus' second-in-command, and her characterization on Ord Mantell kind of implied that she wasn't the kind to take prisoners, or be one. I, too, would have loved to learn more about Wraith, but she, Gearbox, and Needles refused the offer of surrender. In doing that, they proved themselves to be idiots, frankly. :jawa_mad:

It would be great to be able to get all of the former Havoc Squad members to surrender, but as it is, 3 out of 6 ain't bad. I mean, Kardan, Fuse, and Tavus himself all surrender with the proper coaxing (or, in Fuse's case, just a bit of altruism on your part. He seemed like he wanted to jump ship back the Republic the moment you meet him again). It is a shame about Wraith, but you can't say that we didn't warn her, or offer her the choice.

In my opinion, the Trooper Story (what I've seen so far, I'm not done quite yet) is good, and my only real suggestion to change things would be...

...to allow us (especially the Light-Sided (or just by-the-book) Troopers to have the option of dumping Tanno Vik off at the nearest space port (or skip recruiting him at all) and fill his spot on the team with Fuse (so long as we let him live, of course). Really, at this point, I'd be willing to break Fuse out of prison myself if I had to. I guess you could add him to the list of under-utilized characters in the Trooper story, too.

Edited by BlueSouthPike

Well, with eight individual story lines going, there's going to naturally be some variance in quality. Trooper Act I was decent, but Act II boring until one cool mission at the end, and Act III for the most part was kind of... dumb.

But I don't see BW going back and changing the stories. All we can do is hope for the future!

If they would change the Consular story so it isn't such a snooze fest, I would probably play it past Coruscant.

Oh, and have Nolan North re-record all the Male Consular's dialogue with the Nathan Drake voice and attitude. :p

Edited by Captain_Zone

"Artistic Integrity" :cool:

I think in order for a story to be changed in any way, it would have to be a total train wreck to a large majority of the fans (see: Mass Effect 3's ending). I haven't played Trooper yet (next one on my list), but I have heard some people say it's their favorite story. It might make some people happy if they changed it, but it would anger anyone who liked the story the way it was.

The story that I have seen ranked as the "worst" is the Jedi Consular -- I've been playing that one, and it's really not that bad. So I don't think there's reason for Bioware to change any stories.

I could see in the future changes could be done to the story line or added... More like added. They have said that they will be working on adding more to each class story and making them more longer ,adding more companions and some more improvements.

When is well that is the big question. I can see in the future them allowing you to switch out companions such as getting ride of someone you hate and replacing with a new companion to join the crew. Since well every Class so far has 1 companion you will hate and want to kick out the air lock either being annoying, a jerk or just not evil or good enough for you. Either way just have to wait when they start working on the stories again.

But I do agree the trooper story is nice, not finished yet either been stuck playing the Imperial Agent and wow the story is fun.

When is well that is the big question. I can see in the future them allowing you to switch out companions such as getting ride of someone you hate and replacing with a new companion to join the crew. Since well every Class so far has 1 companion you will hate and want to kick out the air lock either being annoying, a jerk or just not evil or good enough for you.

Hang on, I'm pedantic, I have to think about if that's true.

JK: 2

JC: 1

SI: 1

SW: 3

IA: 2

BH: 1

Troop: 1

Smug: 0

We have a winner!

Let me guess who you want to throw out of the airlock:

Hang on, I'm pedantic, I have to think about if that's true.

JK: 2 Rusk and... don't know

JC: 1 Tharan

SI: 1 Ashara

SW: 3 Broonmark, Quinn, Jaesa

IA: 2 Kaliyo, SCORPIO

BH: 1 Gault

Troop: 1 Tanno Vik

Smug: 0

We have a winner!

Are some of these right? :D

Edited by Maaruin

I kinda liked Rusk on my JK. Yes he had issues but I didn't dislike him. I even respected Scourge to a degree. I didn't agree with him but I didn't dislike him.

I also thought that Kaliyo was fine as well.

Let me quess who you want to throw out of the airlock:

BH has to be Skadge. Gault is amusing and smart, even if he would steal everything he could get away with and probably sell it back to you.

(Although I completely understand why BH's who were by the book in contract completion would want him dead.)

I could see BioWare making minor adjustments to the story going forward. For one, I think they're likely to write more exit lines into the relationship quests given the furor over being railroaded into relationships and sexual situations. I don't think they're going to completely rewrite a storyline though, largely because it looks like they have a fairly complex interweaving of storylines mapped out well beyond where we stand at the moment.

I do think they could tweak a few things though, and I'd certainly like to see some more options in terms of replacing companions with new ones, new romance options, etc. I think we'll see that going forward, but I'll be curious to see if they seed in new options back through the already established stories.

Edited by iamthehoyden

• 2 weeks later...

I actually don't think Bioware should change the stories. That would be a horrible idea, but it would be nice to have more options in the game. Not getting the choice of spearing a persons life bugs me when i see potential in that character.

trooper spoiler

like wraith... could have been my greatest enemy Y_Y

or on Ord Mantel

the mission with the old people and their son annoyed me because i wanted to take the kid back to the family

Edited by JergDeathstriker

Not getting the choice of spearing a persons life bugs me when i see potential in that character.

There have been more than a couple fights where I've been hoping for that green sliver of life in my enemy's bar, but I think one of the things this game has gotten very right is that sometimes there are no happy endings. You can't count on everything working out, and sometimes good people die. Beyond it being more true to life, from a story/game perspective it puts more tension into scenes. If you knew there would always be a happy ending then there would be little emotional weight.

One thing I thing I hope they do is give you the option of having some of the people you could spare as companions. There are some awesome personalities and backstories in that category, and I would love to see some of them again. However, I have no idea if that would fit at all with what they have planned, and it could get complicated. Plus I could see it being immersion-breaking for people who killed a character to see them running around with someone else (although considering that there are clones of companions all over the place, well.....).

I for one would love to see:

Jedi Knight

Lord Praven (and honestly, he would make a REALLY interesting LI :D)

Trooper

Fuse

Although I'm finding the Trooper story boring, the only thing I'd want changed is...

Allowing us to have Jaxo and Jonas Balkar as romanceable companions. Aw yeah, I love those two. :cool: Both are awesome when you work with them, but Jaxo dies/goes crazy and you never see Jonas after again Tatooine (unless you call him during Jorgan's quest, and he sends you a letter after Act 2). Such a waste. :(

I know that this is a bit more far fetched than some fo the other people that you suggested to be spared, but I still think that it could work. For the Sith Warrior, I thought that you should have had the ability to spare Darth Vengean.

*SPOILERS*

At the end of Act 2, you are charged with murdering Darth Vengean. Perhaps you could "Knock out" Lord Draahg and spare Darth Vengean. He was set up by Baras and he even asks you to join him. By the end of Act 3, Baras is either dead or imprisoned and his plans were revealed to the Dark Council. They don't have a military advisor anymore and the charges he had would have been removed since he was framed. If you told Draagh that he got knocked out in the fight and sent Vengean into hiding, no one would have suspected a thing. You did the same to Lord Rathari and Overseer Tremel, and they got away without any snags. Besides, the Dark Council can't exactly argue with you on this. With the Voice of the Emperor gone, you are the second in command of the Empire. It would all work out and the Empire would still have one of it's most powerful Darths.

I think when future expansions of game come out we'll get new companions, and eventually we might get the option of killing some of our existing companions.

Basically the design problem is they need to let you be able to quest normally, and questing involves you and your companion facing challenges together. So once new companions are introduced that fill the same roles as existing companions, you can remove/kill off your old companions.

I think when future expansions of game come out we'll get new companions, and eventually we might get the option of killing some of our existing companions.

Basically the design problem is they need to let you be able to quest normally, and questing involves you and your companion facing challenges together. So once new companions are introduced that fill the same roles as existing companions, you can remove/kill off your old companions.

I hope so, that would be great.

Let me guess who you want to throw out of the airlock:

I think the BH one was Skadge "ME DUMB, ME WANT TO CRUSH SOMETHING !". Probably one of the most hated companion in the game. For the others, you're right I suppose, at least for the one I know of. I would change Kalyio for Vector for the IA. But it's a personal opinion. Mostly because he keep stalking me with love mail while I dumped him. 3times.

Anyway, my main concern about the Trooper story is the lack of "epic" in the story. I mean, with others class we can be part of the jedi council, the dark council, kill the Emperor, kill the supreme chancellor of the republic, save planets (or destroy some), become the best secret agent ever,... but as a trooper ? Well, you can capture a general, catch several traitors and makes sure the troopers on Voss are redeployed on the frontlines (so far my favorite). See my point ?

Unfortunately, they will not redo the story. Too much work, for too less people.

I can only properly talk about the Consular story at this point as it is the only one I have finished.

There was a great sense of writing until the revelation of the Plaguemaster. The entire mentality of actually being able to uniquely shield and protect Jedi Masters made me feel really good about my character.

True it was a bit tiresome after a point as there were no real plot twists.. just mild plot changes here and there.

After the Plaguemaster I felt a bit let down. Let down gently, but still let down.

The First Son was easy to guess and I had SERIOUSLY hoped that by a great wicked plot twist, that the First Son would be my character.. each side inside me fighting to take control in an epic battle.

In conclusion I would have liked the story to get a few changes. Not because it is bad.. but because it has the potential to become amazing.

Bioware, keep improving the game.

With more work it can become epic.

Yes they would,

They already changed the look of the Dread Masters in 1.2....

changing the look of a character has NOTHING to do with changing the story.

hell captain windborn on courcant used to be a twilek in beta now hes human.

changing the look of a character has NOTHING to do with changing the story.

hell captain windborn on courcant used to be a twilek in beta now hes human.

It changed the tone of the story for me, they are laughable now. I heard that they did change a small part of the Sith Inquisitors story line:

"There is also a pyramid of assassins, in the SI storyline you bribe a few of them on Taris to help you set up Ashara so you can "rescue" her, you now corrupt Ashara with a Sith holocron of Darth Angral's teachings. As such, it's possible that the 'Pyramid of Assassins' doesn't even exist anymore."

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=458928

I garbled two quotes together in the spoiler box by the way.

Edited by Tuscad

It changed the tone of the story for me, they are laughable now. I heard that they did change a small part of the Sith Inquisitors story line:

"There is also a pyramid of assassins, in the SI storyline you bribe a few of them on Taris to help you set up Ashara so you can "rescue" her, you now corrupt Ashara with a Sith holocron of Darth Angral's teachings. As such, it's possible that the 'Pyramid of Assassins' doesn't even exist anymore."

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=458928

I garbled two quotes together in the spoiler box by the way.

Corrupting Ashara with the holocron is not a recent change(assuming it even is a change). I know that I saw a video of the holocron method from a month or so after release, and double checking a datarip from before release shows that the dialogue for it has been in the game files since sometime in beta. Additionally one of the later posters(Halinmonk) seems to indicate that he used the assassin method somewhat recently meaning both are probably still in the game.