View Single Post

Ylliarus
01.06.2018 , 08:43 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
This entire TFA to TLJ takes a couple weeks... if that. Then you are deflecting the fact that it was Rey who hurt Kylo and over powered him for his own grandfather's lightsaber. And used it against him. Not to mention used mind tricks on a trooper... I mean. lol!! It is like she just found out she has the force last week.
I don't mean to be rude, but from these lines I can clearly see that you didn't read the theory but just saw that the tone is not negative about the Last Jedi and started repeating what you already have in numerous other threads. I don't mean this as a personal attack of course, but I had hoped you would take the time to go over what I have written in the OP.

As I explained elaborately in the OP, Rey is able to use mind tricks and such due to the fact the Force is manipulating her to be as strong as she is in order to be able to stand against Kylo. She is a tool being used by the Force itself to eliminate all Dark Side users from the galaxy in order to return the balance to the Force. The fact that the Force is in balance when there are no Dark Siders in the galaxy has been both confirmed by canon as well as legends material. The conflict between Light and Dark is of a cyclical nature as stated by the Last Jedi visual dictionary. That means that the Dark Side rises and the Light rises in tandem to meet it, literally as Snoke said in the movie. It is something no one but the Force itself has control over, this including Rey's aptitude and strength in the Force. The only reason she is as strong and seemingly trained as she is, is because the Force itself wills her to be such.

Quote:
"I fear nothing, [...] All is as the Force wills it." - Chirrut ╬mwe in Rogue One
Had Kylo Ren remained Ben Solo and not fallen to the Dark Side, had Snoke never risen to power or existed after the fall of Palpatine and the Empire, then Rey would never have been as strong as she was in TFA and TLJ because there would be no reason for the Force to intervene as there would be no Dark Siders disturbing the balance in the galaxy and the Force. Very likely Rey would have had some strength in the Force and perhaps she would have been discovered by Luke during his travels and trained under him, just like normal Jedi did in the past. The situation would have been normal then. However, this is not the case, Snoke may not be around anymore but Kylo and the Knights of Ren are very much around and followers of the Dark Side. As long as they exist and corrupt the Force by using it selfishly, then the Force will manipulate the entire galaxy in order to correct this imbalance. It will awaken connections to the Force in people who previously had no attunement to it, it will give strength and aptitude in others like with Rey, it will manipulate an entire faction to arise in war to battle the Dark Side users. That is why Rey is so strong and skilled in using the Force, the Force is manipulating her insticts and if you think about it, when a Jedi dies their essence becomes one with the Force. That means the Force is saturated with the experiences of thousands upon thousands of Jedi, therefore the Force being able to plant those experiences within Rey's mind and subconcious, enabling her to use the Force on an instinctual level rather than being trained to use it.
Quote:
"All energy from the Living Force, from all things that have ever lived, feeds into the cosmic Force, binding everything and communicating to us through the midi-chlorians. Because of this, I can speak to you now." - The spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn, communing with Yoda
The SWTOR Revitalization Petition
This MMO deserves a revitalization, by receiving more funding, resources, manpower and publicity. If you agree with this, sign the petition to EA and Disney here!
And here is my referral link.