Cross Faction Friends

Arradew

Same thing happened to my friend and I. Tried putting his toons on my list and it would only let me add same faction.

He said he couldn't even send a tell to me.

So what about grouping later on? Is everything faction specific so opposites wouldn't be doing the same flashpoints and operations?

Also what about giving credits or items to your own alts of opposite faction? Is that not possible?

Is this the first time you have played a dual faction game?

They are opposing factions for a reason. You are supposed to hate each other. No grouping together, no flashpoints, no questing together, no trading, mail, etc.

You want to do that with your friends? Roll on the same side.

Edited by jgoldsack

This is a great aspect of SWTOR. There's no need to interact with the other faction in game.

I would hazard a guess that if they really are your friends, you already have a plethora of ways to know when to hop on and play with them.

yea. we do talk on msn, but just figured it would be easier in game. hate to bring up SWG, but it was possible there to talk across factions and made things a lot easier. and i get all the roll playing empire v republic crap. would of just been a nice feature to see when people you already know where online playing. oh well.

yea. we do talk on msn, but just figured it would be easier in game. hate to bring up SWG, but it was possible there to talk across factions and made things a lot easier. and i get all the roll playing empire v republic crap. would of just been a nice feature to see when people you already know where online playing. oh well.

Yeah, the "other" star wars game which a lot of us come from was able to talk, group, trade or what have you with the other faction.

Even Eq2 can talk between people from both sides as long as its not on a PvP server.

WoW is the only game I have played that restricted "faction".

If you allow cross faction chatting, it will cause rampant cheating.

How's that? Like warzone rigging or what? Because you could still probably set that up outside the game if you really wanted to, and if you were trying to set it up with randoms they'd never listen. "Okay guys, we're all going to lose this round. If you happen to spawn in with us next time, maybe then it will be our turn to win. It all depends on if my inquisitor friend gets enough experience." The randoms: "Screw that.".