Who exactly are the big wigs?

sanctimonia

So I am no junkie on SWTOR lore even though I have played KOTOR.

I was just wondering who the big wigs are on the imperial and republic side.

Well...actually I know the republic big wigs are the Senate and Jedi order so I guess mostly this has to do with the Imperals.

I know there is some sort of emporer that has given the dark concil control over the imperal force...but exactly who is this guy?

Is there like a wiki page someone could link :p?

I think the identity of the Emperor is an in-story mystery.

When it comes to signature individuals, Republic side is basically headlined by Satele Shan, even though she isn't (I think) politically in charge of the Republic.

Shes the girl in the last trailer correct? The one that fought against the 2 Sith guys and then gave her master her Double Lightsaber?

And is this the sith emperor?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

Or is that in the past?

The Emperor is an in-story mystery.

He has a Dark Council that is essentially a mirror of the Jedi Council.

Then there's the Sith heirarcy. (Lords, Darths, Apprentices etc.)

Finally there's the Chain of Command for the Imperial Fleet.

(Grand?)Moff Kilran is pretty much the face there.

Oh yeah, and Inquisitors/Imperial Intelligence being all nebulous in the command structure there too.

Republic Side, there's the Council being ineffective, the Military following usual Chain of Command (aside from Otor who is a pretty special dude) and the Jedi Order, with Grand Master Satele Shan heading up there, though she actually attends Jedi Council rather than do everything by proxy/mystery unlike the Emperor.

And there's only SIS being the usual mystery Intelligence service there.

The key difference is that the Imperial power structure is centralized around the Sith/Force users themselves, while Republic is the usual tri-branch of seperate but theoretically equal parts.