Official Q&A Thread for June 22nd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the June 22nd, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on June 22nd, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the June 22nd, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on June 22nd, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Here is my question:

There are a number of... Elements... Of this game that clearly favor the Imperial faction. Some of these have been fixed (such as animation issues) and others have not even been looked into (Imperial dailies generate more credits?) and then there are still merchandise issues held over from pre-launch (no free Republic centered comic? There has been a Bounty Hunter statue, a Darth Malgus statue, even a life-sized Darth Malgus statue... but no Republic statues at all?) then there are hype issues (Two dead named Jedi Masters in the three trailers, not a single dead named Sith Lord...) that all seem to favor the Empire clearly.

How did such things happen? Was it simply an accident? If so, what steps are being taken to correct it and what items are Republic fans going to get to even the score?

In the June 8 Q&A you answered a question from RCcarroll regarding Legacy item drops. You mentioned that these items are part of the "Artifact quality loot table." In general how are random loot tables defined, and when an item is awarded how is the loot table it originates from determined? Ar they based on planet? Item level? Item quality? How are they structured?

Currently the legacy family tree seems rather... rigid. For instance, children can't have two parents, you can make one character a parent and the other married to them, but that doesn't allow us to make a distinction between a parent and a stepparent. I also wanted one of my characters to adopt the child of another, but that's not really possible either.

Are there any plans to make this system broader and more flexible?

SW:TOR has, over the course of its existence, continually expanded and improved upon the ability to customize the appearance of our characters, notably including the 1.3 updates to social armor and the augment kit that allows any gear to be augmented.

There is, however, still a very blatant gap between the ability to have one's character look like one wants and the ability to wear gear that is the most useful regarding stats and abilities when working through the first few tiers of gear at level 50 (Tionese, Columi, and Rakata... edit: oh, and Battlemaster!).

It has been repeatedly asked, and repeatedly answered, that the armor mods for these 3 tiers do NOT have the ability to carry their set bonus onto the (ever-expanding choice of) modifiable gear. The reasoning stated has been that the armor sets are somehow coded differently.

Will SW:TOR ever attempt to fix this gap discrepancy between the stated intent to allow players to look how they wish while still having the potential to have BiS items? It really seems like new 50s are left to choose between looking how they wish to look and (literally, for a sorcerer) wearing the Dunce Cap of Ultimate Power and Clown Costume of Unending Force...

Edited by Unusualsuspect

Im not complaining, flaming nor trolling. Pure question to why and how:

Nerfs and buffs: (Oh noooes!) Right? :D

Why is it you nerf and buff so dramatically?

When you guys explain the changes, you explain them as "minor", or "fine adjustment".

But when you look at the actual changes, its often 50% + or -, 25% + or -.

That is not minor nor fine adjustments, those are HUGE changes.

If your boss takes away 50% of your salary, would you call it a minor salary adjustment? I think, erm, not? :p

What do you guys calculate these changes based on?

And why dont you change the classes with (minor) changes to see the outcome,

instead of buffing and nerfing back and forward all the time.

Its very VERY frustrating. :confused:

Thank you.

Edited by DecanAndersen

IMO the new 1.3 Ranked Warzones really reflect team scores, not individual scores. As a solo player, I think this will be the beginning of the end of solo players in WZs. It will be dominated by a few well organized groups. I see no upside for solo players. Care to comment? Edited by Owsley

Can we expect anytime a facelift on the republic Carric Station? Nothing major, only putting in some holotrees and "real" plants, carpets, flags and neons so frequent on the imperial counterpart? And a booth for the Crew Skill Vendor. He just stands there at the fence...

Really, the difference between the two is painful, and could be corrected with just placing some of the enviromental pieces already exists on the other station.

How is the upcoming group finder going to handle after queued additions and subtractions to a party? If I am in the queue for 44543 minutes and a friend logs in, can I invite him in and bring him along and have the queue adjusted or prioritized? Or will it take me out of the queue?

Will we ever be able to betray sides? In most of the story lines, you are told repeatedly to avoid peace, or avoid conflict, yet what if I chose not to avoid it? At this time, once you are a Jedi Knight, you are always a Jedi Knight. You can never betray your kind & become a sith. Why Not? Revan did it. He started out a jedi, then became a sith, & eventually overtime returned to the Jedi ways. When will we be able to betray our "kind"? I would love to be able to betray my Empire Sniper to become the Republic Equivalant, or my Jedi Knight to become a Sith Juggernaut. How am I ever to be seduced to the dark side or revered to the light if the option to betray isnt even available? Edited by Burbin
Missed a word.

Will you make a change to the naming system, so that more than one person can have the same first name (eg. the combination of first name plus account name must be unique, instead of just first name), and if so, will you allow us to rename our characters to take advantage of this, given how many people lost their names during the recent transfers? It would be nice to have my name back. :-)

My question relates to colour crystals: specifically, is there a chance they will ever work differently to how they do? Perhaps the colour (not stats) being shared across legacy? I'd love to use my white crystal on my Jedi alt, but can't because I only possessed a smuggler on the server when the crystal was purchasable.

What is the plan to improve the pvp awards so that those of us who pvp can actually afford all the pvp gear and crafted things without doing pve content?

Background: The cost to get orange gear, mod your armor, and some other things that are almost certainly pvp orientated cost more money then I can generate by pvping alone. For instance it costs 44k to pull out a war hero mod. It costs me 147k for an augmented slot armor piece that was in the battlemaster set, which is fairly standard. The cost to buy stims and med packs is not cheap. Nor is leveling biochem if you want to offset those costs as opposed to buying from another player. The fact of my recent experience is that pure pvp players like myself who prefer to engage in pve sparringly are being forced to pve just to support our passion and/or take up crafting. I didn't enjoy the crafting system enough to want to engage in that. I found it cost me a ton to build up purple skills for things that had no value compared to what I invested in crafting. I made more from selling mats.

I am literally in no position to even consider legacy investments without pveing to make enough credits to buy them. No offense but having to do daily pve just to mod my pvp armor is driving me crazy. I don't think I waste credits. I mean I cannot even have 2 sets of armor for appearances. I would like to spend more but cannot without taking a bunch of efforts to gain money.

Thank you.

With the preview of the new content past 1.3, and the introduction of other forces (Dread Masters, Hutt Cartel) trying to take over and vie for power in the game. Will there be the opportunity/option of cross faction grouping for operations and game play?

It seems like the story is progressing along these lines, with a common enemy that both Republic and Imperial forces have to battle against, and the Hutt take over of the GTN of both factions.

Will there be optional free transfers between the major servers across server type for phase 2 or beyond? We could then bring friends together and consolidate our characters on a balanced server. Thank you. Edited by InnerPieces

When will the GTN time limit be increased, and also the listing amount. The current design is a PITA. All it does is discourage me from being a regular lister of my wares. Every 2 days comes round very quick and having to log in and out of all my characters listing 50 on each takes ages.. time i could be doing anything else.

Youve admited logging in with diff characters is a work around so when will it get addressed... Is it really so hard to get someone to add 7 days as an option to the GTN.

Now that server merges are underway and some folks have lost their character or legacy names, will we be seeing some sort of name change service or full on character re-customization service (either paid or free)?

As an example, all of my character names were tied together via a theme. Now that I have lost a good number of those names, I am interested in renaming some of my characters that were not forced to change when I transferred (read as: I would be willing to pay for renaming and/or re-customization; as I am sure many others would be as well).

Chat Bubbles

We heard before that these were being worked on. Do you have a ETA on their implementation? From a roleplayers point of view, these have become a necessity now that all the RP communities have been consolidated onto Ebon Hawk and RPing in massive text scroll is near impossible.

Can we please get more information on how Expertise works exactly? For example, does it only work within zones dedicated for PVP, i.e. warzones, west Ilum and Outlaw's Den, or does it work in any PVP combat or spars? Do companions get any benefit from Expertise in PVP combat and spars? If yes, do they get it anywhere or in dedicated zones?