Artifice - Sheild Generator

Pikoking

Why whit Artifice you can make Sheild Generator with aim on them (aim being for Smugler / Spy...where no one tank) and there are no Sheild Generator with Will Power on them (Willpower being the main stat for Jedi Consular / Sith Inquisitor, wich can tank ).

Will this be corected ?

I noticed this in the Beta. There are no Shield generators with Willpower. It's one thing to say "tanks should need to find a high level generator," But when a single tank class gets excluded, I'd say it's an oversight that will be corrected.

I noticed this in the Beta. There are no Shield generators with Willpower. It's one thing to say "tanks should need to find a high level generator," But when a single tank class gets excluded, I'd say it's an oversight that will be corrected.

This was pointed out many times in beta, I don't know why its not fixed yet.

I am among the ones that has pointed it out several times in beta and now. I don't want to play a tanking class that gets left out of the gear loop. I also don't enjoy the thought of using the beginner's shield generator on my Jedi Shadow all the way to level 50. :mad:

I am among the ones that has pointed it out several times in beta and now. I don't want to play a tanking class that gets left out of the gear loop. I also don't enjoy the thought of using the beginner's shield generator on my Jedi Shadow all the way to level 50. :mad:

I doubt the +8 (or whatever it is) is going to make up for the lost HP's on the better ones even if they have Str instead of Will. This is clearly an over site that they need to fix.

I doubt the +8 (or whatever it is) is going to make up for the lost HP's on the better ones even if they have Str instead of Will. This is clearly an over site that they need to fix.

This is definitely true.

Strength isn't 100% worthless for a Shadow/Assassin tank, even if it is sub-optimal. They do still get benefits to their melee attacks, just not the force attacks. I'd expect that for now, you just live with the sub-par itemization up to the level cap and craft strength shields as you go if quests aren't giving you Willpower ones.

Or, heaven forbid, find one. Not everything has to be crafted.

Hopefully, you appreciate the willpower (no pun intended) it takes to not make a snarky comment here...

No, not everything needs to be crafted. However, the things that are not crafted need to be balanced. Having 2 tank classes able to craft shields and the 3rd tank class unable to is unacceptable. Either all tanks can get crafted shields, or none can.

Hopefully, you appreciate the willpower (no pun intended) it takes to not make a snarky comment here...

No, not everything needs to be crafted. However, the things that are not crafted need to be balanced. Having 2 tank classes able to craft shields and the 3rd tank class unable to is unacceptable. Either all tanks can get crafted shields, or none can.

Which is exactly what I said above. I just want to make sure it's not Shieldpocalypse Butthurt 2012 because something's not quite right with Artifice crafting.

Which is exactly what I said above. I just want to make sure it's not Shieldpocalypse Butthurt 2012 because something's not quite right with Artifice crafting.

It's just incomplete itemization. Annoying (particularly considering the fact that BW has been told about it for months, and through at least 3 builds), but hardly unusual for a fresh MMO.

Edited by Sabrel

Look on torhead crew skills schematics they have everything thats in game now and generators with will power are there as well

Out of 26 shield generators listed on Torhead via Artifice:

- 17 come from skill trainers. None of these include a Shadow/Assassin shield.

- 9 come from schematics, i.e. Slicing and mission skills. These are prototype-quality. 3 of these are Willpower shields.

It's a fairly big gap in itemization, and forces someone leveling as this type of tank to chase the schematics if they want to create their own shield generator.

It's just incomplete itemization. Annoying (particularly considering the fact that BW has been told about it for months, and through at least 3 builds), but hardly unusual for a fresh MMO.

Compared to WoW (Where 90% of the mail armor in Vanilla was for Shamans, making them wasted drops for Alliance) the game is off to a pretty solid start for itemization. My only complaints are the lack of willpower shields and the tendency for Guardian tank gear to emphasize Accuracy and Defense over the better scaling Shield and Absorb.