Anyone else who doesn't mind?

Jowy

Hey guys,

Knowing the internet MMO community, I really should not be surprised by the amount of backlash this early access has sprung up within the community. Yet, I still find myself overwhelmed by the amount of it. Having been one of those who started following the development of this game from the first day these forums were created, waiting a couple more days to play the game really isn't such a big deal. After 200 weeks of waiting, 1 more doesn't sound so bad. To me, it sounds silly how people are making such a big deal out of this; like threatening to cancel their pre-orders and never playing this game. Really guys, really? You only have to wait a couple of days. It's not like you're not gonna take breaks when the game does come out! Although, in hindsight, perhaps you really won't, but for the sake of the argument, let's assume you are normal. Either way, things are getting blown way out of proportion!

The reason behind writing this post is, firstly, attempting to calm down atleast some of the recent forum hooligans. Perhaps this could act as a little reality check. Honestly, it doesn't really affect me or the admins in the slightest whether you decide to act irrationally or not. But it does affect you. I'm sure you'll have a better day if you just stop the nagging and go play another game while waiting for SWTOR. Now, secondly, I'm a bit curious to know whether there's anyone else who doesn't mind the wait?

See you at launch everybody!

Did I cry because I didn't get in today? Yup...

Am I mad ...nope...I dont think people understand what would happen if bio actually let everyone in....

People don't realize how long it would take to finish a quest if there are 2million people waiting to collect an item....

You let 20thousand people in....let the, quest up and move on...then let more in and they do the same..

I'm fine with not getting in today, even though I wanted to.

I have this thing called a job that makes me do this thing called work on weekdays.

I also pre-ordered the CE in early October and wasn't expecting to get in on day one anyway.

People who complain about not getting in are just hurting themselves. Hats off to Bioware giving us two extra days of early access.

I find it hilarious that people are freaking out.. I mean I am anxious.. really anxious.. but I know in 1 or 2 months when I have a max level character im not gonna have much more to do cept do the same with another character.. at that rate in 1 year ill have all my slots full of max level characters and THEN what.. enjoy the game guys.. quit wiggin out over " whaaa I didnt get early access"

Today I spent my time patiently waiting to see if I was going to be in a wave.. and during that time I posted in the recruitment area and meet 2 people who are really awesome and have joined the guild.. time well spent

It is because half of these people have no lives aside from their MMO gaming....seriously, people knew this is how things were going to be done for months now. They need to find something else to do, because whining won't get them in the game any sooner and not a single word is going to be said about this week a month after launch, and half of that time it will only be the people that can't get over it for whatever reason.

The people that wanted to get in early had the option of ordering it earlier than they did. It really is that simple. It is not Bioware's fault they did not take the opportunity to do so. I find it FAR more unsettling that people are making this much of a stink when they started this 2 days earlier than originally dated (the 15th) AND they are doing bonus waves (i.e. more invitation waves than they originally planned). They had zero obligation to do either o those things.

I want to play badly, I signed up for beta very early on but never got in until the weekend beta, so I want to play as badly as anyone here, but I know that I can't expect to get in earlier than the other people that order around the time I did, and to expect otherwise is completely unreasonable. This truly is the age of entitlement...

In other words...let the butthurt flow through you, young padawans :rolleyes:

Edited by Sudden-Impulse

Thumbs up to you sir!

I salute the logical crowd and look forward to running flashpoints and operations with you once we get started in game. ( i don't care when it is....tomorrow or Sunday....I'll be happy either way.)

People being angry means they care. I'll take that over shrugging of shoulders.

This is not always true. Some of the people that are mad feel that they are entitled to something that they are not.

Those that are angry because they care, most of them aren't posting the garbage all over the place in that one thread. Or in a number of other threads, I'm thinking.

I don't mind when I get into early access at all.

As I said in another thread, my only concern is how they will handle the official release day if this is a struggle for them.

I'm sure they have it all under control *cough* but that doesn't erase my concerns.

As for being mad, nope. Upset, nope.

Dying inside because i've got to spend time with my kids and the pets because they got the same holiday off school that I got off work while my wife still gets to escape to work .... *inhale* .... yep.

I'm joking, I love my kids ..... the pets on the other hand ..... they make mess.

Hmm Looking at the epic rant thread I think we are out numbered about 7,000 to 3 :eek:

No we aren't. That thread is the same people spamming the same post over and over.

People join forums to complain, and they are much less likely to make threads about things they like.

This is a sadly vocal minority. Most rational, mature people know how waiting in line works. we've all waited in line and not thrown tantrums about it. Well, maybe when were 3 years old, but not now.

I wasn't promised anything other than that I'd get to play the game for certain on the 20th. Nobody was guaranteed squat otherwise, and the Early Access's priortiy criteria has been known for quite a while. The only treachery to be seen here is by the ungrateful and self-entitled. Unfortunately, they are many.

On another note, I'm really glad they went with this route. Better to have the various level zones fill out gradually than have the entire playerbase right there in the starting zones all at once. It'd be madness, if the weekend tests were any indication.

I'll take advantage of any extra time I do get, but I'll do so knowing that it's a luxury.

Meh, i dont mind either

i have been watching some ppl play live over stream and checkin my email, but i pre-ordered a lil late, bc i wanted to play the beta first and not pre-order based on faith/screenshots

plus i have this thing called a life; gf, friends, dogs, hobbies, other video games, TV and job that take up my time, so ill play when i can but since the game doesnt actually LAUNCH for another 6 days, im not that upset that im not playing it yet.....

as IT DOESNT LAUNCH FOR ANOTHER 6 DAYS!!!

see you all in game!

Edited by DarthSpankyy