The little lock on left of the hot key bar

DevReverRat

Hey everyone

I wish they would move that little lock at the left of the hot key bar to the top bar..

So when I am in combat and using my mouse I don't move my hot keys around or lose some!

Thanks

7/10

you actually got a suprising number of bites,

well done sir/madam

I have 3 bars at the bottom and 1 bar off to the right filled with stuff I hardly ever use. You could change your layout to be similar and have box 1 off to the right going vertical, thereby decreasing the odds that you could click on it in error.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-Black-910-002864/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348250763&sr=8-1&keywords=g600

Is a much better solution IMHO however.

Lrn2 keybind is a dumb answer to the OP. Everyone has their own preferences.

That button should be a UI option to put it there or not.

If you do want to go the ton o' buttons mouse route, Logitech G600 is pretty good, I haven't had any problems with it.

Edit: Nevermind, took G600 back, memory and another bug. Shame since otherwise it kicks A.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• 1 month later...
Btw, 2 hot fixes for your problem:

1) practice to move & turn with your mouse, & press hotbar abilities by keyboard.

2) buy a programmable mouse, macro the abilities keys on it, and stop being a clicker.

Why would you want to keep pressing keys, so 70's

I'm with the OP

Why would you want to keep pressing keys, so 70's

I'm with the OP

Because if you use the mouse for clicking abilities then you are not using it for moving, which means that you are moving with WASD, which is a whole lot slower than moving with the mouse. To press keys for the abilities, on the other hand, is a whole lot faster than klicking them with the mouse. So by moving with the mouse and keybinding abilities your reaction times are much shorter than the other way round and this is a huge advantage both in PvE and PvP, but in particular in PvP.

Edited by Cretinus

By all mean, mouse clicker doesn't mean you have no skill, it actually means you are giving yourselves a more difficult time to play comparing with the people taking in hardware advantage, it costs you more skill to play in order to achieve the same.

I have a few keybinds - for example, interrupts and toggle targets. The vast majority of my attacks are on clicks. It is more difficult and I LIKE IT THAT WAY. It feels pleasant to me to be able to see what I do, in addition to feeling it spatially.

I have a smart mouse and I used to program rather long macros in WoW where you could do that... It's a matter of preference.

To the OP: yes on that unlock issue. A design problem there.

Sometimes I use the WASD keys to move, sometimes I use the mouse and vice-versa for pressing the keys..

It all depends on what you are doing.

- As a Healer I can't move around much since I have to be stationary to cast spells and I only use my mouse to click the abilities and use the WASD keys when I am under AoE attack.

- When I hunt for datacrons I use the W for forward movement, Space to jump and right mouse button for direction...

- When I am a Sentinel I use the mouse to move and the 1234567 to attack.

Because if you use the mouse for clicking abilities then you are not using it for moving, which means that you are moving with WASD, which is a whole lot slower than moving with the mouse. To press keys for the abilities, on the other hand, is a whole lot faster than klicking them with the mouse. So by moving with the mouse and keybinding abilities your reaction times are much shorter than the other way round and this is a huge advantage both in PvE and PvP, but in particular in PvP.

I move with the arrow keys, sometimes I auto run and move with the mouse.

I use arrows to move and have 5 buttons on my mouse. My thumb is for jumping and targeting (mb4 and mb5) while mb3 is for autorun if I want to move with mouse.

I don't really PVP (occasional warzone but only really like the original 3 turrets map)

It's also a game so I'm not really bothered with reaction time. If I was pressing keys all the time it would seem like I was still at work! :D

Edited by EvilBieber

So many dumb responses to a valid point, yes I agree with the OP, there should be a "hide" option for this lock/unlock and for the toolbar open button, I often click those stupid things and yes I hotbar click and I bet I crush most of you hotkeyers in battle ;)

I do not have an MMO mouse and no I don't keybind everything so yessssss I click things.

The only time this is actually a problem is when I accidentally click that stupid unlock thing.

There is an option in the interface to lock the quickbars, but, the stupid unblock button (HEY ITS PART OF THE QUICKBAR IDIOTS) takes precedence. How about letting us actually do what we WANT to do and turn it OFF.

Alternatively, you can go ahead and piss off even more of your customer base just by being lazy fix-nothing biofails.

Oh, and FYI: I do just fine whatever role I play. Better than fine actually and yes I do mean PVP.

• 2 weeks later...