So these things concern me...

SpuaFlex

Im curious as to how these groundbreaking factors arent addressed... or maybe i didnt see enough forum threads to know...

1. Operative rolls are just spammable beyond, and they can easily escape sticky situations rarely with repercussions.

2. Have seen games where the enemy team had healers and the opposing team did not. Lack of balance.

3. Resolve system, i think its on the fritz maybe. Just too many ways to still control even with white bar i believe.

If even the smallest attention put towards these things were applied. I request some insight.

Edited by SpuaFlex

Im curious as to how these groundbreaking factors arent addressed... or maybe i didnt see enough forum threads to know...

1. Operative rolls are just spammable beyond, and they can easily escape sticky situations rarely with repercussions.

2. Have seen games where the enemy team had healers and the opposing team did not. Lack of balance.

3. Resolve system, i think its on the fritz maybe. Just too many ways to still control even with white bar i believe.

If even the smallest attention put towards these things were applied. I request some insight.

1 - I think sooner or later they will address this. I mean come on, can you imagine a normal person rolling around faster than force speed? They either need to decrease the distance, or give it a proper cooldown.

2- This is something that can not be addressed what so ever. Imagine a queue waiting forever just for a healer to pop up. I'd rather play a wz and lose than wait the whole time for a wz with a healer. Who mind you, can be a bad healer and make you lose anyways. I've seen matches with no healers, and still winning. So it isn't a criteria. Ranked wz is a different story and I'm not too concerned about them.

3- I agree the resolve system needs a bit of tweaking to make it better suited for its proper function. Maybe make it fills faster, but shorter immunity period.

I completely agree with you on the Scouperative roll. My main is an op healer, and that roll can get me out of damn near any situation, not to mention it completely breaks Huttball. I think the solution to this is very simple, though. I know they don't want to make abilities between classes too similar, but they should really just make it force speed. Increase range by a bit and put a proper cooldown on it. There, fixed. As for resolve, hasn't it been pretty broken since launch? I've seen people complaining about it since I started PVPing back around 1.2.

I completely agree with you on the Scouperative roll. My main is an op healer, and that roll can get me out of damn near any situation, not to mention it completely breaks Huttball. I think the solution to this is very simple, though. I know they don't want to make abilities between classes too similar, but they should really just make it force speed. Increase range by a bit and put a proper cooldown on it. There, fixed. As for resolve, hasn't it been pretty broken since launch? I've seen people complaining about it since I started PVPing back around 1.2.

I play both Concealment and Scrapper and would be ecstatic if they made it force speed. What it is right now is a useless gap closer for a melee class that needs it.

Scamper isn't all that great really. It gets you to an objective quicker and that's about it...Outside of that its mostly useless. You don't use it as a gap closer because it murders your energy, and using it as an escape just gives sentinel/guardian a leap target, vanguards a pull/leap and assassins a pull. It's use in combat is for the most part worthless...Lets not forget the root bug with it that they STILL HAVE NOT FIXED.

If you want the damn thing on a CD then make it cost zero energy, roll farther than it currently does right now and gives a 100% proc on dodge and also breaks roots. Though personally I'd rather have something similar to shadow step. I loved that move in WoW.

Edited by Raansu

Scamper isn't all that great really. It gets you to an objective quicker and that's about it...Outside of that its mostly useless. You don't use it as a gap closer because it murders your energy, and using it as an escape just gives sentinel/guardian a leap target, vanguards a pull/leap and assassins a pull. It's use in combat is for the most part worthless...Lets not forget the root bug with it that they STILL HAVE NOT FIXED.

If you want the damn thing on a CD then make it cost zero energy, roll farther than it currently does right now and gives a 100% proc on dodge and also breaks roots. Though personally I'd rather have something similar to shadow step. I loved that move in WoW.

What if I told you, I fought a sniper that used that roll in combat quite effectively? Assassins that have the pull ability are actually tank spec, thus got pitiful damage, and warriors cannot use charge in such short distance unless they got it spec'ed (Annihilation), or they wasted time by pacing backwards a little. So you see, it can be quite helpful if you know how and when to use it.

I do agree to make it roll further and put a decent cooldown on it, but to actually make it break root, that's cheap. Force speed doesn't break root unless you spec for it.

What if I told you, I fought a sniper that used that roll in combat quite effectively? Assassins that have the pull ability are actually tank spec, thus got pitiful damage, and warriors cannot use charge in such short distance unless they got it spec'ed (Annihilation), or they wasted time by pacing backwards a little. So you see, it can be quite helpful if you know how and when to use it.

I do agree to make it roll further and put a decent cooldown on it, but to actually make it break root, that's cheap. Force speed doesn't break root unless you spec for it.

Sniper has a different roll entirely. Has a cool down even.

When I play my scrapper, I do not use the roll repeatedly very often other than to get to objectives, but I do use it a lot as a one time thing to catch someone trying to get away.

Trying to figure out how you could address the rolling repeatedly as a long distance sprint without hurting that quick, short distance gap closer and screwing scrappers that make use of it. Maybe for 10 seconds after the first roll, its energy drain is increased by 25% ?

Edited by Technohic

Use a slow and watch the op deplete their energy.

The sniper roll is completely different and drops you in cover so you can't be pulled or leaped to. Rage specced warriors have a second leap from 1-10m, no good player goes backwards, they turn and strafe to the side, and that's superfluous anyways because if an op just rolled with out a slow they are >= 12m away.

I always wonder why no-one mentions the Gunslinger's roll ? Don't people use it ?

I hardly ever use it myself, I must admit ...

Are you serious?

Marksman/SS it gives you an extra entrench/hunker down so even if there isn't anyone right on you, there is use for that.

Full eng/sab you get bombs that hit really hard if you get them to all go off in the same place and can reset it and do it again. They call it wallbanging and it will about kill anyone who eats it.

Lethality? They get a little bomblet effect as well but not as good as ENG and can't be reset and done again, but it still provides a great way to irritate melee attackers.

My main is an level 55 Gunslinger, and my Scoundrel is level 13 or 15 now, so I can't tell. My only imperial character is an level 19 Bounty Hunter.

My Gunslinger has a roll, too. But I hardly ever use it to escape. Maybe I should use it more often ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

My main is an level 55 Gunslinger, and my Scoundrel is level 13 or 15 now, so I can't tell. My only imperial character is an level 19 Bounty Hunter.

My Gunslinger has a roll, too. But I hardly ever use it to escape. Maybe I should use it more often ?

You should be using it all the time...

Yep. It has loads of uses besides just escape too.

How do you not use it? So if you wanna be somewhere like right now, you just slowly walk over there instead of roll?

HIghtail It is way better than Scamper, hence the cd. Scamper's real strength is out of combat in warzones (not arenas) for quick travel. DPS Scoundrels scampering in combat can be shutdown easily with slows. Healing scoundrels get better use out of it in combat bc they have a very short cd on Dodge (purge).

Scamper isn't all that great really...personally I'd rather have something similar to shadow step. I loved that move in WoW.

I wish they would dump the group stealth effect of Smuggle and give that a shadowstep effect.

HIghtail It is way better than Scamper, hence the cd. Scamper's real strength is out of combat in warzones (not arenas) for quick travel. DPS Scoundrels scampering in combat can be shutdown easily with slows. Healing scoundrels get better use out of it in combat bc they have a very short cd on Dodge (purge).

I wish they would dump the group stealth effect of Smuggle and give that a shadowstep effect.

Ok, fo rthose of us who didn't play WoW (at least not much), what does shadowstep do?

Edited by Technohic