New Release Date for Game Update 5.9

KeithKanneg

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

One key learning this past year is not to release a Game Update if it’s not ready. We pushed really hard to be ready for next Tuesday, but we uncovered a couple of items we want resolved. To do that, we need a bit more time including this weekend to make sure our fixes are solid and ensure you have the highest quality play experience possible.

We decided to give ourselves an extra couple days and release Game Update 5.9: The Nathema Conspiracy on Thursday, May 3, 2018. Just in time for May the 4th!

Also, we will be providing a minor update on May 22 (Game Update 5.9.1) which includes the Nar Shaddaa Night Life event. I’m also working on a new Roadmap that provides you with all the details of our upcoming Summer events and overall direction for the remainder of this year. I’ll keep you updated on progress and let you know when we’ll post it on our website.

Thanks for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic!

Keith---

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Keith, for the head's up. I'd oddly anticipated this but I'd rather wait than deal with issues.

Also, we will be providing a minor update on May 22 (Game Update 5.9.1) which includes the Nar Shaddaa Night Life event. I’m also working on a new Roadmap that provides you with all the details of our upcoming Summer events and overall direction for the remainder of this year. I’ll keep you updated on progress and let you know when we’ll post it on our website.

Does the above, the Roadmap part, mean the Summer RM will cover an Autumn/Winter Roadmap too or just a few highlights of what's to come while we can still expect a separate Roadmap for Autumn/Winter?

Good to hear, though. I look forward to the new Roadmap. Do you have an estimate for when that Summer Roadmap will be posted? You know, before everyone cries "It's so very Summer that I'm sweating my nuts off but where is the Roadmap?!?! Oh my God DOOM!!!11111".

Have a good weekend!

Edited by JennyFlynn

Nice strategy...now you will feel you wont have to do anything for May the 4th...update that should have been released months ago according to the winter roadmap is released on May 3rd instead...there is your content, stop whining...right...right.... :D

It is better to take a few days extra and release a working version.

Cheers !

This^. Don't worry Keith, you picked the right choice here, better to make sure it's solid and enjoyable so it doesn't sour the experience to people who did it in his bugged inception.

Just by chance.... will we get anything special for May the 4th? and any new rewards from the Night Life event?

Thanks for the update.

How "unexpected" ..... At this point we can't trust their release dates for anything ....

Next thrusday they will say we had to postpone it again due to some minor bugs. Not sure how many issues can ONE flashpoint have. The disappointment will be no less than it was with Coppero or Umbara.:confused:

• Dev Post
Does this mean the time to kill Izax is also extended?
The plan was when we released 5.9, so I have no problem with extending the deadline a bit longer. But, once we take the servers down on the 3rd of May, the extension ends. :eek:

Thanks,

Keith

As I wrote before: It all depends when the Anthem-intern is coming to the Swtor office. Before 5.8 he signed off ill on Thursday and Friday, thus the delay. This time, he is needed on Monday at the Anthem office (Powerpoint presentation), thus the delay.

Originally, I meant it as a bad joke. Nowadays, I almost believe it.

Edited by JattaGin

As I wrote before: It all depends when the Anthem-intern is coming to the Swtor office. Before 5.8 he signed off ill on Thursday and Friday, thus the delay. This time, he is needed on Monday at the Anthem office (Powerpoint presentation), thus the delay.

Originally, I meant it as a bad joke. Nowadays, I almost believe it.

They don't release anything on time Nostradamus :p

Hi everyone,

One key learning this past year is not to release a Game Update if it’s not ready. We pushed really hard to be ready for next Tuesday, but we uncovered a couple of items we want resolved. To do that, we need a bit more time including this weekend to make sure our fixes are solid and ensure you have the highest quality play experience possible.

We decided to give ourselves an extra couple days and release Game Update 5.9: The Nathema Conspiracy on Thursday, May 3, 2018. Just in time for May the 4th!

Thanks for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic!

Keith---

Thank you for the heads up. I admit I was very eagerly looking forward to the update on 5/1, but I appreciate that things happen. And, while I don't expect a response, I can't resist: When you say "other summer events," does that mean Dark v. Light II? :D

I'm sad that Theron's return is delayed, I'm excited to see him back again and what will happen, but I guess what's a couple more days. It seems par for the course here anyway. Makes me wonder though, if there will be anything for May the 4th or if this is it?

How will conquest work next week given that it will start on Tuesday using the 5.8a settings, and then those settings will change part way through the week after 5.9 is deployed? Will conquest reset? Will we keep points already earned and just earn new points under the new settings?

My guild has started to participate in conquest a lot more lately, so we're all interested to know how it'll work during this transition.

Thanks Keith!