Stay PvPositive!

Eastiano

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some absolute gold games over the weekend, the highlight of which was me n my buddy Charlie, taking out arsenal merc, engi sniper and a sin tank iirc in rishi arena as the last 2 standing on our scoundrels! Was the most fun I've had in pvp for ages!!! 😁

You killed an engineering sniper? Dude! Gonna have to call you out on that, didn't you know engineering snipers were Omnipotent these days? ;)

First solo ranked game of the evening and even the first on a new toon I levelled up and (don't hate me pros, I used legacy gear and bought iokath ear/imp/relics) leap to target after setting focus target and aquiring focus targets target and I fall thru the map and am suddenly falling thru space...

Needless to say, I die, but somehow on a PvPositive note I respawn in the spawning point. By now my team are dead but was very weird, so one guy, a merc is like "focus target!!" I'm like, "having a hard time doing that int the vacuum of space"....

Anyway, that's an example of why pvp sucks sometimes, not the bug, the ****** attitude from players. Anyway second round and I manage to be last man standing with 3.5k dps, we lose because the pros on our team couldn't break 1kdps all the while telling us what to do and telling us to ltp.

Anyway this may be turning into a whine thread but I don't really care because it's starting to piss me off the *********** elitist attitudes in a game we play for fun.

So yea, another arena and there's 5, yes you heard it 5 mercs/mandos. I'm just begging for a huttball at this point as its late and I wanna log of for work in the morning. So long story short, I don't play particularly well so I left the game after dying in the second round we lose, just about to log off and I get a whisper from one of the guys on my team saying as expected, I can't play the class.

Seriously bro? In a regular warzone you went to the effort to whisper me to insult me? If you did that irl you would get a ****in slap cheeky little keyboard urchin.

I guess my positivity is attenuating...

Edited by Eastiano

Soooo, pvp'd pretty much non stop for 8 or 9 hours today/yest and only lost 4 games, 3 of em were impside in the 3 or so hours I played there. Peeps saying rep pvp is bad are just bad imp players coming repside and disappointed that they aren't carried by premades which are rife on imps. Anyway, was fun gameage today and even played my healer and a few dps specs I don't normally dabble with!

Happy East shfoodgeee!!! 😊😊😊😊

Anyway this may be turning into a whine thread but I don't really care because it's starting to piss me off the *********** elitist attitudes in a game we play for fun.

Let's get the pvpositivity flowing again! Just had a good full morning of games on Harby. Lots of the same names with and against, since the population is lower in the morning. Had a nice little "friendly" rivalry going with an oper healer that I could not kill. One of the best survivors I've seen. Loved when s/he was on my team. Was "on nos!" when I saw em on the other. :D But no one crying over the wins and losses. Very few quitters. And some pretty close games.

The end of it was awesome. An AHG where we were so outmatched kill-wise that even after TWO double caps against them, they were still within striking distance of winning it. So we double capped them 3 times to take it. :p

Also I broke 2.5K with my concealment oper in a reg arena for the first time, which is a personal best for me. Yes, I suck. :D

Oh, and I even got a RNG boxed tier 2 set piece that I didn't have! :eek:

Edited by Banderal

• 3 months later...

So in an effort to try and turn a negative into a PvPositive, gonna try actually playing more solo ranked and duels in the weeks leading up to urc 11 in an effort to be slightly less of an embarrassment to the class I play.

(Whisper me in game for duels, the more practice I get the better)

Wish me luck turning my game around peeps, will try to update things here and currently my toon I have been playing ranked on is -ve at 1192 rating, lets see what happens :D

Edited by Eastiano

they really must to do something faster than their stupid and minor dps change.

PvP is garbage nothing more, imbalance is outragous and immunities/reflect/control are just trollesque.

they speak a lot but it's just fluff talk. 9 months of this poo.

ps : i was the most positive i could be.

Edited by Thaladan

Soooooo, I managed a whole 2 ranked games yesterday evening in the spare time I had available and the positivity I bring out of it was I only lost 2 rating. 1 win, 1 loss, the most interesting thing about the latter is that a sniper and a merc on my team both did 0 & 8k dmg respectively. ofc the other guy on my team started going *******, I said what you expect man, are you new to season 8 yolo? and it begins...

Whispers calling me a retard c@nt to which I replied 'maybe time to stop playing for the day with all that pent up rage released on the only player in your team clearly not wintrading' only to get the inevitable "Player is ignoring you". Well, I guess that's the only victory this kid is getting today I thought to myself, I'll let em have it :)

So a win win situation all round, he won his epeen battle with himself, I got some practice, I actually took like nearly 600k dmg on my mara in all dps team so all good, I need to brush up on my dcd's!

PvPositive!

Edited by Eastiano

I wish dude, been trying to get a guild team together for a while now, maybe I should assert my authority :p

Must be firm and lead the way!

But seriously I tried too and managed like 5 games on Rep side. All wanna play imp or solo and be able to blame someone.

Title is an oxymoron.

PvP and "ositive" are not a thing that will ever happen.

Please don't come to this thread and be negative, if you have nothing constructive to contribute, I suggest you post here in the thread I have created for ya;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9387943#post9387943

You are welcome and have a nice day! :D

I don't get all the "pubs never win on harb" crying that happens. Sure, I have losing streaks. But plenty of great runs like last night... ACW where we took the sides, and then had a HUGE, constant battle over "grass". They never took it back. We kept two at snow for safety. Team was awesome at communicating.

Had a quesh HB where people actually played huttball! :eek: Won that one.

Had a backfill into an OPG where the other team had all 4 lit up nodes capped, one of them doubled, and had 500-something points already. Lost that one, but it only took about 5 seconds. I never got out of spawn. :p

Had a voidstar where we got through the first door, and the fence. Did not make the second door (was one heart breaking moment when three of us, one planting and two of us stunning, must have got to about 7.9 seconds on it - was SOOOOOO close). Then they made the first door, but too late to get through the fence. Good heals on both sides, but not so much that no one died.

AHG where I guarded the pylon all game. Got good response when I called inc. Was a close match where the other team pulled ahead in the last round to beat us.

Another AHG that was my fav game of the night... started out with a bunch of them rushing our pylon. Most of our team went there to fight them off. I went to mid, as a stealth, specifically to try to stop them from free running orbs. Another stealth on the team came along, and was doing the same thing. We actually did ok at mid, not dying, and keeping them away from the orbs, but it was sort of a stale mate.

At the end of the round we did not cap, and they did. Got a few comments about "those people who stayed mid, what were you doing". I don't know, I find that a tough balance - if you see several of them rushing your own pylon at the start, how many do you send to counter? Do you let them run the orbs? I've been in plenty of games where it looks close in the fighting, but my team is fighting in front mid, and their team just slowly gets further and further ahead because they have one or two free-running those orbs all the time.

Anyway, then it got interesting, because I think actually no one quit. :eek: Instead we started trying to outsmart them at the "push their pylon" game. Round 2, no one capped. :D Then we had several rounds where we got the cap, one side or the other, and managed to stop them from getting the other pylon. Our kill count was bad compared to theirs, but we got the ratio right on the pylons I guess, because we slowly catch back up and then pull head of them as they don't cap and don't cap and don't cap, and we do and do and do. :D Eventually we win when "whole game timer" goes off, and we are ahead at that point (we never did get to 600 though). So we turned what looked like a definite loss into a great win. That is PvPositive!

I was pleasantly surprised to do my daily (every toon -10 total) queue in ranked yesterday to check the gardening of Makeb, to make sure that Bioware is keeping up with the horticulture. And I typically run anywhere from 2 to 4 visits at a time to account for possible variables. Seems Makeb is still doing well at this time.

#PvPositive

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sooooo, 6.0 and what’s good about pvp atm? I’d say gearing is slightly better than it has been and tacticals and setbonus gear make for some interesting tailoring to your playstyle.

I’ll be happier to try things out in the coming weeks tho as I gear alts and get my laptop fixed, playing on an old pc sux maaaaan.

I really wanna play oper heals again just seems theres so much damage output, will be a real challenge in arena...