Anyone else who doesn't mind?

Jowy

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Hmm Looking at the epic rant thread I think we are out numbered about 7,000 to 3 :eek:

7000 / 4 count me in

Would have been nice to get in today, but hey anyone who thinks about it can see that BioWare is doing the best to make this launch as pain free as posible for players. Load balancing and a slow ramp is essential to ensuring s smooth start with little wait time. PPL would also nerdrage if they had to wait for 2 -3 hours to log into the game ..

I ordered around 7/30 so I'll likely be in tomorrow, hey thats fine with me !

I'm a bit curious to know whether there's anyone else who doesn't mind the wait?

Mind? Of course, I mind. I am as impatient as the next guy. But I'm not going to whine about it. Unlike some people, I read and understood the not-so-fine print, so I will wait with as much patience as I can muster.

On the other hand..... where's my flying car? I was promised a flying car by the 21st Century. And tourist trips to the Moon! And clean, cheap energy! And.....

:D

Im disappointed at the silly rage and the usual amature lawyers calling out BW for false advertising and rubbish like that but Im also very disappointed at the fanboys and the stream of rude comments from people I'll be playing with.

Not a great start for the games community.

Ill add my voice to this one,

I have absolutely no problem with waiting, Ive waited for years and a few more days won't hurt one bit. I don't feel like I've been led up the garden path with promises of early access and the fact is Its very likely that I will get early access in the end. In 4 years time I wont be worried about how I got in on the 15th and not the 13th :)

Dont care if I have to wait a few more days to get access to the game. I've already waited 2 years FFS what harm will 2-3 more days do.

Only gripe I have... Customer service is lacking a little, seems the underestimated what they would need on launch day!

I find it hilarious that people are freaking out.. I mean I am anxious.. really anxious.. but I know in 1 or 2 months when I have a max level character im not gonna have much more to do cept do the same with another character.. at that rate in 1 year ill have all my slots full of max level characters and THEN what.. enjoy the game guys.. quit wiggin out over " whaaa I didnt get early access"

Today I spent my time patiently waiting to see if I was going to be in a wave.. and during that time I posted in the recruitment area and meet 2 people who are really awesome and have joined the guild.. time well spent

Thumbs up! It's refreshing to read something just like this. Good luck and see you in game.

Greetings!

We know that it can be frustrating to see negative posts on the forums, but we ask our members to please keep the discussion to issues concerning the game, and not to make posts about the way other people post.

We are closing this thread now. Thank you for your cooperation!