Pub <Delusions of Grandeur> LF Tank & DPS for HM/NiM 8-man Ops

Seelvir

We are a small, snowflake guild that caters to a narrow slice of the gaming public. If you are a DPSer (ranged strongly preferred, but we aren't turning away mDPS who fit the culture), and you're looking for a new group to raid operations with competently, then please review the following checklist.

We are right for you if:

- you are interested in HM/NiM raids,

- you are a busy adult who chooses to raid 1 night per week, for a maximum of 3 hours,

- you have a special combination of "maturity that allows you to focus," and "immaturity that forces you to be maturely focused at kicking *** in a video game."

- you recognize that placing real life first doesn't mean you can't beat NiM content, it only means you won't get there first, second, tenth. You care only about beating it pre-nerf.

Most people who fit this bill are reformed hardcore raiders who grew into a real life that makes it impossible to spend 20 hours a week in-game, but who can never grow out of a need to push themselves to ever greater heights of achievement. It's a small subset of what is already a small subset of the playerbase.

Delusions has been raiding HM/NiM content since 1.0, and we've never not been successful at it. We are the kind of players who clear NiM content even though we only raid 3 hours per week, total. That means we don't have time for the usual NiM shenanigans of people being passive aggressive, or flat out aggressive aggressive, about making mistakes. No one is going to yell at you or belittle you in this guild when you make a mistake during progression. We are the kind of players who are, each of us individually, our own sharpest critics, and because we are focused not on what the next guy needs to improve for us to succeed, but what each of us must improve individually, we are able to collaborate quickly, effectively, and amicably. No politics, no stress, no tension. We have a ton of laughs while we progress. Some HM/NiM raid groups can't succeed without hour after hour of stressful contentious iterating on strategy. We do it quicker and happier.

If you are, in addition to everything above, intelligently nerdy without also being smugly intelligently nerdy, then we are the family you didn't know you were missing.

** We raid Saturday Nights, 5-8pm Pacific time (or Sunday afternoon if you're APAC, and some of us are).

PM me here on the forum for details, or simply reply to this thread. We use Discord and StarParse.

Edited by Seelvir

Guardian Tank here, about halfway to being fully geared in 248's; I'm currently 243 and fully augmented. My focus is primarily on PvP, mainly GSF, but I'm interesting in running some Ops now as I was heavily into WoW raiding during the Wrath era, and provided the guild is willing to show me the ropes and explain fights, I'm game to try tanking them.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to Inigo Montoya! Until he finds the 6-fingered man, he's tanking for us, because let's be honest, there's not a lot of money in revenge. He's still using his left hand, though, because we're still looking for a great DPSer and, until we find one, we're not going after the hardest game.

So if you're a rDPS who can quote Princess Bride* while parsing dummy DPS >9000**, send me a PM here on the forum and we'll connect on Discord!

* Princess Bride quotes not required.

** Actual parses not required. We do utilize Starparse though, so do be ready for that.

Edited by Seelvir