Who wrote the imperial agent story?

Peeved

I am totally blown away with this story. I am at the beginning of the quesh part, and so far the agent story has been superb! Don't get me wrong, the other stories on my republic characters are good(I admit I found the consular story somewhat boring though...sorry bioware). But, can whoever wrote the agent story please also write the trooper story in the next addition please? That would be fantastic. And please do this before Christmas, because we all know the world revolves around me...:D Thank you whoever wrote the agent story.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, can whoever wrote the agent story please also write the trooper story in the next addition please? That would be fantastic. And please do this before Christmas, because we all know the world revolves around me...:D Thank you whoever wrote the agent story.

Freed still does Star Wars writing nowadays, but it's on a freelance basis. He seems to mostly handle comics these days.

But I agree, the Agent's story is great and Freed deservedly gets a lot of praise for it. :)

I am totally blown away with this story. I am at the beginning of the quesh part, and so far the agent story has been superb! Don't get me wrong, the other stories on my republic characters are good(I admit I found the consular story somewhat boring though...sorry bioware). But, can whoever wrote the agent story please also write the trooper story in the next addition please? That would be fantastic. And please do this before Christmas, because we all know the world revolves around me...:D Thank you whoever wrote the agent story.

The only stories I haven't finished yet are the Consular and Smuggler, and so far the Imperial agent is hands down my favourite. Not my favourite class to play but definitely the story I have enjoyed the most.

Agree 100%, very good job on that one.

I think it helps that there wasn't a strong point of reference to make it match up to already in the movies or books(smugglers needed to feel like Han Solo, etc). It still had problems, like the accents being terrible at times, I couldn't tell that my agent was faking accents at first and had to have that explained to me after the fact. And I still think it was sloppy. Also choices don't matter. It was still decent overall.

I think it helps that there wasn't a strong point of reference to make it match up to already in the movies or books(smugglers needed to feel like Han Solo, etc). It still had problems, like the accents being terrible at times, I couldn't tell that my agent was faking accents at first and had to have that explained to me after the fact. And I still think it was sloppy. Also choices don't matter. It was still decent overall.

If you're involved with your character's development and moral journey, then yes, the choices do matter a great deal.

If all that isn't that important to you, then no, the choices don't really matter because you have to get from Point A to Point B and players instinctively feel that and try and veer off toward Point Potato.

• Dev Post
Alex Freed i believe.

Vandicus is correct. The Imperial Agent story was written by Alexander Freed. I remember after I finished it (my first 50 at launch was an Operative) I made it a point to find his desk at the office and tell him how much I loved it.

Keep playing other class stories though, they are all great!

-eric

If you're involved with your character's development and moral journey, then yes, the choices do matter a great deal.

If all that isn't that important to you, then no, the choices don't really matter because you have to get from Point A to Point B and players instinctively feel that and try and veer off toward Point Potato.

Not what I meant but you can take it that way.

When you choose to kill or let Watcher X go, he still shows up on Quesh no matter what your choice was, justified as either a ghost or holocall.

The Agent story stands head and shoulders above the rest (IMO, ofc). Only to be gutted by the Makeb opener... and that was a travesty.

I mean, c'mon, I went to all that effort of extricating myself from Imperial/Sith/Dark Council oversight... not only does Marr track me down I don't even get to kill him? Laaaaame.

The Agent story stands head and shoulders above the rest (IMO, ofc). Only to be gutted by the Makeb opener... and that was a travesty.

I mean, c'mon, I went to all that effort of extricating myself from Imperial/Sith/Dark Council oversight... not only does Marr track me down I don't even get to kill him? Laaaaame.

Completely serious here now...

How would you have had the Agent story begin? How would you attach the Agent to the story content when the ending of the Agent story makes that a basic impossibility without ignoring that Agent ending?

Vandicus is correct. The Imperial Agent story was written by Alexander Freed. I remember after I finished it (my first 50 at launch was an Operative) I made it a point to find his desk at the office and tell him how much I loved it.

-eric

Eric, can you officially put this request in please? If/when you guys make more class storylines, could Mr. Freed PLEASE write the Trooper storyline along with the agent, maybe even the Jedi Knight if the dude can do all three. I love my trooper, but he is getting dusty while I am totally engrossed in the agent story. Anyways thank you.

-eric

And also all we will ever get.

What we have to look forward to now are planets like Makeb that pay poor lip service to those class stories while ignoring crucial plot points of them, all so the devs can save time and money with 2 generic planet storylines.

:(

I'm not completely hating on Makeb, but the hand-off from the class stories to that story was in the best cases poorly done and in the worst cases (like for the Agent, Inquisitor, and Warrior) completely mishandled and insulting to anyone who enjoyed the class quests for their story.

If Bioware needs to penny-pinch, fine. But at least don't pee all over what came before and try to justify it by rationalizing the class story endings or just ignoring them (JK killing Emperor's Voice Vs SW serving the recovering emperor after the fact via his hands). The story integration needs to be handled WAY better and stories shouldn't be re-written or retconned after the fact just to make life easier on the writers. The minute you go back on your stories is the minute you lose the trust of those participating in them.

We all know the class stories were meant to originally continue before EA changed gears. So don't treat the playing audience as stupid when it comes to the plot points (and their dismissals) in order to make all classes of each faction more generic to better serve a planet story, which is what troubled me about makeb the most. If the writers can't figure out how to at least do that much, then hire better writers.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

Completely serious here now...

How would you have had the Agent story begin? How would you attach the Agent to the story content when the ending of the Agent story makes that a basic impossibility without ignoring that Agent ending?

Easy...

Obviously it's going to depend on the ending you got. Marr as the contact makes sense if you went the Sith Intelligence route.

For the "erase my existence" option the contact should have been the Minister of Defense (orig. Keeper) or Keeper (orig. Watcher 2). Or anybody you've had personal contact with.

Easy...

Obviously it's going to depend on the ending you got. Marr as the contact makes sense if you went the Sith Intelligence route.

For the "erase my existence" option the contact should have been the Minister of Defense (orig. Keeper) or Keeper (orig. Watcher 2). Or anybody you've had personal contact with.

Problem, however.

As I understood it, the Black Codex removed 'all' traces of the Agent from every system, everywhere and the Minister explicitly made mention that no one would be able to find the Agent.

Now, that's how I'm remembering it, if the ending actually mentions that

Keeper would be able to contact the Agent in case of emergencies

, then I apologize ahead of time for my bad memory.

Edited by Infernixx

You're only on Quesh? Strap yourself in tight. It gets better. :)

If I didn't hate the Operative mechanics so much, I'd play through that story over and over again.

That's exactly where I'm at currently. Now I HAVE to log in and play right now. Thanks, THC.

Edited by gorstram

To those who enjoyed the storyline, I wish some of you would play the original Deus Ex. There are so many references and / or direct homages to that game that is breathtaking.

Not saying Freed only drew inspiration from that game alone, which is surely not the case, but the final part on...

Belsavis

Made me feel like someone was toying me. :D

Yeah, agent was totally gutted by the handoff from makeb, as was warrior.

It would have been better to recognize the multiple Agent endings. The former ministry of intelligence should have been the one to contact the agent, and if the Agent decided to be a double agent, then you could have had a post dialogue where the agent contacts SIS right after. If the writers were competent, then you would have had a post Makeb SIS discussion that would have led directly to the Pub side Daily/Weekly quests after completion, as you realize the Imp Agent Double Agent was the one who initially leaked to the republic that Makeb was still stable.

Same issue for Warrior. I don't mind Marr contacting the Emperor's Wrath, but your warrior should have turned him down flat with an "I don't serve you." Then after, have the Emperor's hands contact the warrior, say they were listening in, and that the Emperor wants you to play along with Marr for some undisclosed purpose. Cue re-contacting Marr to accept, and then let it happen on its merry way.

For the Inquisitor, why the hell would a dark council member be handling this personally, no matter what the stakes? There should have been some sort of quick, inquisitor only bonus quest attached to the final quest, where there was some sort of Sith artifact the archon had that the Inquisitor wanted to recover. THEN you finally have motivation for why the inquizzy would take control of the mission. Include the seach for that in the inquizzy preamble and extro, and its taken care of.

See, it really isn't that hard. Its just about paying respect to the class stories rather than tripping over yourself to remove all attachment to them, which is what it seemed like Musco was doing whenever questioned about it on the Cantina Tours.

(...)But, can whoever wrote the agent story please also write the trooper story in the next addition please? That would be fantastic. (...)

Somebody mentioned that this is no proper general board thread as long as there is no complaint.

So, here we go, refering to the above quote: NO!

He can write all other stories, but not the next trooper story. Because trooper story is best of 'em all (imho), so the current writer shall continue, please (well, maybe it's the same guy anyhoo).

:D

Apart from that, how can I find out how my agent story ended? I don't remember my agent's final. Is it mention in some codex or was there a title involved? It's been too long...

Yeah, agent was totally gutted by the handoff from makeb, as was warrior.

See, it really isn't that hard. Its just about paying respect to the class stories rather than tripping over yourself to remove all attachment to them, which is what it seemed like Musco was doing whenever questioned about it on the Cantina Tours.

It is hard, since it would require them to go and fetch the voice actors for those characters, not to mention it would be lame - to say the least - for some classes to have a different intro to Makeb. If that were to happen, every single one of them should have the same treatment.

For instance, the BH should be briefed by...

Mandalore

While at it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Not what I meant but you can take it that way.

When you choose to kill or let Watcher X go, he still shows up on Quesh no matter what your choice was, justified as either a ghost or holocall.

I think his point was that if you're involved/immersed into your character...the moral choice of deciding to kill or let Watcher X go is still a choice that is worth it.

Even if, as you point out, the character still shows up no matter what.

For me...in games like this or Mass Effect...I always find value in the choice itself...not the outcome.

Edited by VitalityPrime

To those who enjoyed the storyline, I wish some of you would play the original Deus Ex. There are so many references and / or direct homages to that game that is breathtaking.

Not saying Freed only drew inspiration from that game alone, which is surely not the case, but the final part on...

Belsavis

Made me feel like someone was toying me. :D

I loved the original Deus Ex. The story was brilliant.

-eric

but the IA one is the bestester