Player Looking for a Guild

SageEidolon

Let's not waste each others' time...

I've been around since beta, and need a knowledgeable, patient guild to guide me to the top of end-game content. A little about me...real-life comes first - I have a family, career, and will be going to grad school soon - but when I do play (about 10-15 hours weekly), I like to be good. Example: I recently forced myself to switch from clicking on abilities to all keyboard shortcuts. I was a member of a guild at the beginning, but left just before it dissolved completely, and have been without a guild for several months now.

Faction: I want a guild that supports both. I like all of the classes, and enjoy both the Republic and Empire story lines. I have a 50 Sage (healer spec) and am working on a 39 Mercenary (DPS spec), and have a handful of level-20-ish toons I like to turn to when things get tedious. I would like to still be "in the guild" regardless of which character I decide to play that night.

Alignment: I would prefer if my guild didn't care. I roll light or dark based on how I feel like rolling at the time and depending on the character I am playing.

Rules: I follow them. I am happiest with a simple Code of Conduct, rather than a detailed list outlining how I should play every facet of the game. Still, I enjoy a structured, mature guild with standards.

Roleplaying: I enjoy it when I feel like participating...the rest of the time I don't feel like it should be required. I like to make "progress" when I log-on, not waste an hour acting out a scene in a cantina. Why did I roll on an RP server? Well, honestly, so it would reduce the number of moronic names I had to look at while leveling.

Voice: Ventrillo, Mumble, etc. I'll participate. I have the gear and know how to use it. I'm fairly quiet, but a good listener during ops. I like busy channels and guild chats to keep me occupied during the grind.

Website: I like my guild to have one, where we can have a calendar of events and post tips. However, I prefer most of my guild participation to be in-game, not on a website.

Schedule: Sporadically available for a few hours in the evening, specifically 2000 to 0000 CST. There's no rhythm to which days, but if I say I'll be there...I'll be there.

Goals: I want to get into the end-game content, both PvP and PvE. I am more interested in the PvE ops, and willing to work my way up to the B-team, with my ultimate goal of being invited to a guild's A-team to tackle top-tier content. I am also seeking to improve my PvP game.

If you think I'd be a decent fit for your guild, drop me a line. If not...move along, this isn't the player you're looking for.

Hello there! I figured I should at least give you the courtesy of answering your call for a guild!

I'll try to keep this short and organized.

1. Jen'jidai is a Empire aligned guild that takes in ALL classes at a level 30 requirement. This requirements allows us to know you are at least dedicated to playing and know how to play your class at that point in time. We allow Republic alts, but not the ability to join Republic guilds other than our alt guild that we have made for members who wish to spend time on Republic toons and play out the other storylines.

2. We have all kinds of alignments in the guild. I myself am light and many in the guild are neutral. It all goes on how someone plays their character.

3. While we do have a CoC, it's fairly simple and organized.

4. We do have RP but no one is required to participate in it. We hold weekly RP events every weekend where everyone is welcomed to participate in.

5. We use ventrilo and require members to be within the server when in game. This allows us all to be social and spend time with one another.

6. Jen'jidai has an active and updated website that features who is online in ventrilo, twittter feeds, artwork, screenshots, rosters, calendars, etc. It is pretty much my pride and joy. <3

7. Schedule is of no concern. As long as you meet activity requirements.

8. If you are looking for End Game content, Jen'jidai is a great guild to look for! We hold most of the server firsts for hard modes and nightmare modes and strive to be the best. While rated sights are not quite that reliable in this game, we are rated within the top 30 in the world. Our PvP groups are fairly slow due to the lack of content and world pvp but MANY of our members partake in sub 50 and 50 warzones and participate in world pvp events brought on by other guild on the server.

I hope we meet your requirements and we certainly hope to see you apply to Jen'jdiai.

http://www.jenjidai.com

It is an honor to have two of the most prestigious, respected guilds on Jung Ma respond to my post. Thank you, both, for your time.

To be fair, neither guild truly supports both factions – Jen'jedai is primarily Empire while Crimson Elite is primarily Republic. If I had to chose just based on that alone, I would likely go Republic as my "main" is a 50 Sage.

For the respective representatives...

Luniara – Jen'jedai: Thank you, again, for replying. Your guild would be my absolute top choice if I were to focus on my Imperial toons. In fact, your accomplishments and reputation are so strong, I am debating on doing just that – focusing on the Empire's classes – in order to join. Hmmm... The one question I have remaining for you is: is your guild a good place to come to grow as a player and be coached through increasingly challenging content? Is it a learning environment?

Les Rha – Crimson Elite: Thank you, again, for replying. I have a few questions for you. Your guild has a respected past and similarly impressive accomplishments. However, it appears that it is "returning" to the game, so that concerns me a bit. How involved and active is your guild in this return-stage? I will go ahead and say that I am leaning towards Crimson Elite – based on my "main" being Republic, as explained above – but I am afraid I would not benefit from being a member for a time as I am currently focused on leveling my 39 Mercenary for the Human/Bounty Hunter/Empire buffs, in addition to the story. What are your thoughts on that? One final question I have for you is the one I asked Luniara: is your guild a good place to come to grow as a player and be coached through increasingly challenging content? Is it a learning environment?

Thank you, both. You represent some amazing organizations.

Luniara – Jen'jedai: Thank you, again, for replying. Your guild would be my absolute top choice if I were to focus on my Imperial toons. In fact, your accomplishments and reputation are so strong, I am debating on doing just that – focusing on the Empire's classes – in order to join. Hmmm... The one question I have remaining for you is: is your guild a good place to come to grow as a player and be coached through increasingly challenging content? Is it a learning environment?

You are very welcome! I am happy to hear Jen'jidai holds such a reputation in your eyes. I strive to adhere to showing that we truly care about our community, members and accomplishments through all the tough times that SWTOR faces.

To answer your question, Jen'jidai is a great place to come and grow as a player. It's a wonderful learning environment but like anything you are aiming to learn... it takes patience. We try to give all our raiders a chance to be in the raid for the night so people are swapped according to classes and what the fight in question requires. Some get in most than others so we're not banging our heads against the wall in frustration but in the end everyone will get a chance and can express the desire to be in simply by talking to the raid lead. If one needs help, our PvE department is there personally or we have guides on our forums with plenty of people to help you out!

I'll give you a great example from last night! I have not raided in a few weeks and was never able to experience a particular boss. The raid leads took the time to explain it to me, call out to me (respectfully and politely) during the raid to guide me, and was quite patient through my mistakes. In the end I finally got it and successfully helped in downing the boss. They're all very helpful. <3

No one in Jen'jidai should ever turn someone down if they are asking for help. If they are? Welp, it would and should be brought to the leadership so we can rectify that business.

I hope this answers your question. =)