Underworld (72's) in pvp

SwiftDuck

I looked for some information on the forum and couldn't find anything. Too many posts lately about how broken the new system is. (which i agree with most of it) But my question is if a raider in full 72's comes into a pvp match, its to my understanding that bolster adds expertise to suits that have none so that would include the final tier of pve gear which the main stats are much higher than that of conqueror gear. SO, with that said it seems that raiders have a LARGE advantage over any pvp'er with conqueror gear. If this is true thats fine considering not many people have full 72's if any yet. But it will happen within the next couple weeks. Now as a pvper what would be the point of grinding for the new sets when i can just get myself full underworld gear and call it a day and go into a wz and lolrape anyone who comes in my path (including full partisan/conqueror sets.

If this is true bioware take care of it before it becomes a problem. I raid as well as pvp and use the proper gear as im supposed to...but why would i wanna do that when i can use one set for everything and be the most bad ***** mofo in the game.

You didnt want a large gear gap but *** bioware. Quit messing up.

If im wrong please correct me. Im just going by what seems to be apparent.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the current state ye probably we'll see what the changes do today tho.

Nobodys going to be full underworld for a while though :p

Also alot of the early full 72 people arent very likely to pvp much.. xD

Edited by AngusFTW

In the current state ye probably we'll see what the changes do today tho.

Nobodys going to be full underworld for a while though :p

yea i know no one will have it for a while so im not too worried about it. But people do have full arkanian gear so we will see the effects of that and compare it to underworld. Im pretty sure this kind of huge issue isnt unknown to them and i hope they have the foresight to fix it before it becomes a huge issue (which it will).

Edited by SwiftDuck

i don't think anyone will be getting full 72 any time soon since it isn't craftable, and what are the odds that you win every single roll in an operation (if you're in a guild that permits rolling for everything in the same instance)? Even with alts, you can only have so many ready to go for the new hard modes...

That aside, bolster should be fixed soon hopefully... Plus I really don't get why partisan and conqueror don't have the same ratings as arkanian and underworld :rak_02: i hope that too is a coding error

Edited by Kawabonga

i don't think anyone will be getting full 72 any time soon since it isn't craftable, and what are the odds that you win every single roll in an operation (if you're in a guild that permits rolling for everything in the same instance)? Even with alts, you can only have so many ready to go for the new hard modes...

That aside, bolster should be fixed soon hopefully... Plus I really don't get why partisan and conqueror don't have the same ratings as arkanian and underworld :rak_02: i hope that too is a coding error

I believe the pvp gear is rated different so people wont think they can raid with pvp gear (thats just my take on it) the main stats are also much lower than the pve end game raid gear. So that could be another reason.

Im not overly concerned about this issue, i just wanted to bring it to spot light so it doesnt rear its ugly head in a month when a bunch of people are in the 72's. I enjoy the balance of the pvp matches and the new balance of the pvp gear. I dont wanna see that ruined by a full avoidable issue.

Heres to hoping that they take care of it later on today.

If they don't equalize the levels, you're going to be seeing 72 hilts/barrels being required in order to stay competitive in RWZ. Min/Maxing will no longer be a PvP grind. It seems quite ridiculous that I have to grind out PvE gear to stay competitive in warzones. :rak_frown:

From 1.0 to 1.4 or thereabouts, top end pvp gear was fine for pve. The pve folk complained bitterly that unwashed heathens should not be able to compete with them given how much hard work they had put into building their pve gear sets.

In 2.0, the top end pve gear is likely to be better than any pvp gear for pvp purposes. The pvp folk are complaining bitterly that unwashed heathens should not be able to compete with them given how much hard work they had put into building their pvp gear sets.

Meanwhile somewhere in a suburban office park this conversation is occurring.....

Manager 1: How is the plan coming along?

Supervisor 1: Excellent! We didn't have the resources to fix pvp balance, add pvp content and certainly not enough to add x-server capabilities. But this way we'll simply egg the pvp base into doing repeated pve ops raids. They'll be so busy they won't even notice the lack of new content.

Manager 1 (nodding head): OK, I want you to start working on Phase 2 now.

Supervisor 1: Now? Already?

Manager 1: Oh yeah. You know how long it took to get the sole artist we have left to draw those armor suit pictures. And they sucked. We gotta get started early. Like right now!

Supervisor 1: OK, so let me get this straight. Grade 69 pvp armor will be better than grade 72 pve armor for pve, right? And grade 72 pvp armor will simply squash grade 72 pve armor for pve.

Manager 1: Yup. Hurry up. I am counting on you. We need this done by September.

Supervisor 2 (trying to took useful): And I'll be ready with the regearing of the ops runs so that pve people will be forced to get pvp gear!

Supervisor 1 (sneeringly): Gah, all you have to do is up mob hit points. I have to get the fricking artist to actually draw a good picture!

Manager 1 (puts his arm around Supervisor 1's shoulder and leads him away): I know it's a tough job, that's why I put you in charge of it. You get this done and I'll make sure you get rewarded. I'm thinking maybe a new ops mode named after you.

Supevisor 1: *sigh*.....I was hoping for more stock options.....

two in my guild are already half 72s.. sage with 30k life.... have fun meeting him in the wzs.. and yes they do also play pvp... and they rule with their gear.

For me the new system is a punch in the face for pvp players. I cant follow the logic...

Im OK with flatting out the gear differences in pvp

Im Ok with not having 72s mods in my conqueror gear and therefore need to do pve to be good at pve

Im NOT OK by getting punched by pve guys who have stat advantages because of raids!

Its like showing up at a karate tournament with a gun.

From 1.0 to 1.4 or thereabouts, top end pvp gear was fine for pve. The pve folk complained bitterly that unwashed heathens should not be able to compete with them given how much hard work they had put into building their pve gear sets.

In 2.0, the top end pve gear is likely to be better than any pvp gear for pvp purposes. The pvp folk are complaining bitterly that unwashed heathens should not be able to compete with them given how much hard work they had put into building their pvp gear sets.

Meanwhile somewhere in a suburban office park this conversation is occurring.....

Manager 1: How is the plan coming along?

Supervisor 1: Excellent! We didn't have the resources to fix pvp balance, add pvp content and certainly not enough to add x-server capabilities. But this way we'll simply egg the pvp base into doing repeated pve ops raids. They'll be so busy they won't even notice the lack of new content.

Manager 1 (nodding head): OK, I want you to start working on Phase 2 now.

Supervisor 1: Now? Already?

Manager 1: Oh yeah. You know how long it took to get the sole artist we have left to draw those armor suit pictures. And they sucked. We gotta get started early. Like right now!

Supervisor 1: OK, so let me get this straight. Grade 69 pvp armor will be better than grade 72 pve armor for pve, right? And grade 72 pvp armor will simply squash grade 72 pve armor for pve.

Manager 1: Yup. Hurry up. I am counting on you. We need this done by September.

Supervisor 2 (trying to took useful): And I'll be ready with the regearing of the ops runs so that pve people will be forced to get pvp gear!

Supervisor 1 (sneeringly): Gah, all you have to do is up mob hit points. I have to get the fricking artist to actually draw a good picture!

Manager 1 (puts his arm around Supervisor 1's shoulder and leads him away): I know it's a tough job, that's why I put you in charge of it. You get this done and I'll make sure you get rewarded. I'm thinking maybe a new ops mode named after you.

Supevisor 1: *sigh*.....I was hoping for more stock options.....

lol this made me cry a little

They're not going to add anymore PvP gear until the next tier of PvE gear, I can guarantee that. Maybe, just maybe they'll make another Tug of War map after they add another raid tier.

Now as a pvper what would be the point of grinding for the new sets when i can just get myself full underworld gear and call it a day and go into a wz and lolrape anyone who comes in my path (including full partisan/conqueror sets.

You make getting a full set of Underworld armor sound like a walk in the park lol.

It will be many weeks before people are in full stock Underworld and even more weeks before they can effectively min/max their gear with Ultimate commendations.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

two in my guild are already half 72s.. sage with 30k life.... have fun meeting him in the wzs.. and yes they do also play pvp... and they rule with their gear.

For me the new system is a punch in the face for pvp players. I cant follow the logic...

Im OK with flatting out the gear differences in pvp

Im Ok with not having 72s mods in my conqueror gear and therefore need to do pve to be good at pve

Im NOT OK by getting punched by pve guys who have stat advantages because of raids!

Its like showing up at a karate tournament with a gun.

lmao true statement.

I think the only way to avoid this is remove bolster from 55 bracket only. Seeing as were level 55 there is no need for a bolster. Or maybe a significant reduction to bolster of expertise. Seeing as they can remove expertise from a particular set of gear. It must be possible to restrict certain gear from obtaining any expertise based on the stat value of the gear. Idk it just seems like they made things harder for themselves by changing a system that only needed a smaller gear gap and that was it.

TBF the new operation isnt too difficult on hm my pvp oriented impside guild started work on it (some of us even had wh/the new pvp gear/a few full dg/bh still,) and we're 3 bosses down after our first run, getting used to mechanics etc (we also did it 4 melee dps suck it snipers!) so i wouldnt say the enrage timers are that tight or anything.. tho it will take 1-2 months to get full 72s unless u start paying guildies million for there shiny new drops.. Edited by AngusFTW

lol this made me cry a little

They're not going to add anymore PvP gear until the next tier of PvE gear, I can guarantee that. Maybe, just maybe they'll make another Tug of War map after they add another raid tier.

Or maybe a Huttball game with no winners or losers, just participation trophies.

You make getting a full set of Underworld armor sound like a walk in the park lol.

It will be many weeks before people are in full stock Underworld and even more weeks before they can effectively min/max their gear with Ultimate commendations.

Regardless of how long it will take, I am a consistent raider as well as pvper and will have full sets of both pvp and pve armor as I did pre 2.0 but This is still an issue. I stated in my first post i know that people dont have this gear yet and it will be a while, ATLEAST a couple weeks. Some people are already well on their way.

Edited by SwiftDuck

Remember when expertise was just a little nod of a boost at launch? Then they totally butchered it so PvE gear would be pretty worthless in PvP? Funny stuff.

They should just remove the idiotic stat as they dont have a clue what they are doing with it.

Remember when expertise was just a little nod of a boost at launch? Then they totally butchered it so PvE gear would be pretty worthless in PvP? Funny stuff.

They should just remove the idiotic stat as they dont have a clue what they are doing with it.

Well I once supported removing Expertise entirely but reconsidered since. What would likely happen is this:

1. Without Expertise, PvE gear would destroy PvP gear in any scenario because of considerably higher stats.

2. Developers would have to buff PvP gear so it has the exact same stats as PvE gear.

3. They would have to face a horde of upset PvE raiders who complain (rightfully so) why their method acquiring the same gear is much slower. (RNG rolls and weekly lockouts vs unlimited warzone commendations and custom mods sold separately)

4. Gear gap in PvP would increase significantly with each set of new PvE tier. A good bolster system might counter this, but a bolster system where BiS is NiS (nothing-in-slot...yeah just invented a word) is anything but good.

I'm not saying that the current system is great, just that it's better than the alternative.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Well I once supported removing Expertise entirely but reconsidered since. What would likely happen is this:

1. Without Expertise, PvE gear would destroy PvP gear in any scenario because of considerably higher stats.

2. Developers would have to buff PvP gear so it has the exact same stats as PvE gear.

3. They would have to face a horde of upset PvE raiders who complain (rightfully so) why their method acquiring the same gear is much slower. (RNG rolls and weekly lockouts vs unlimited warzone commendations and custom mods sold separately)

4. Gear gap in PvP would increase significantly with each set of new PvE tier. A good bolster system might counter this, but a bolster system where BiS is NiS (nothing-in-slot...yeah just invented a word) is anything but good.

I'm not saying that the current system is great, just that it's better than the alternative.

there is a quite simple solution, restrict some items to be only purchasable by pvp and others only by pve.

lets say you´ll need to have the second tier torso only purchasable via pvp comms to get the first tier wich only "drops" in pve, and the otherway round for the mainhand. that way you have to do both and no on can complain that it would be so much easier on the "opposite" playstyle ...

Hehehehe what are these guys smoking? I really want some of that! It really defeats half the reason for PVP'ing when you can't gear up while doing it.

This is the single most messed up thing I've ever experienced in an MMO. Mind you, I was PVP'ing in Everquest 1 where warriors were just sitting ducks and casters were levitating around and nuking you from unreachable places and through walls/floors.

Edited by Coltraine

Spent an entire two matches chasing the same 31k Operative Healer around trying to bring him down. Sad thing was I could not put much of a dent in him and it got to the point he was using /say to "lol" at me. I will admit that it was funny but while it may have been humorous it also made me dislike the changes BW was trying to implement. I'm hoping with their methods of tweaking bolster that they will eventually get it right but I can't predict how long that will take. I am obviously not in full conqueror set so really don't know what I'll look like then but I will say that reading others comments about Underworld being better than Conqueror has got me thinking about how much effort I want to put into things right now.

I guess I'll just have to see for myself and decide at that point.

Not saying I should be able to take down every healer on my concealment operative but it definitely was no easy task to even try. A couple of matches later, got a PvE guy on our team....a medic operative too that I recognize from a PvE guild and he also has over 30k health...I think he put up close to a million with 2 deaths.

I am all for adjusting the scale in PvP to make it more competitive for all but not at the risk of KILLING any real competition for others when this is all that they do, like myself

Edited by Master_Nate