DPS Operations Leaderboards

Last Update: 4 September 2014 @ 19:42 UTC

Submission Form / Leaderboard Spreadsheet

What's New

• All 8m & 16m submissions have been updated.
  • Please ensure you are following the formatting rules for submissions. Note, I ask for a skill tree build so link the build rather than your AMR profile. Also, link directly to the Damage Dealt tab of the parse.
  • Please note this is the DPS leaderboard so tank and healing parses will not be considered.

Guidelines for Submitting a Parse

The submission form is meant to be as foolproof as possible, but there are still a few things to be mindful of:

• When submitting parses for more than one boss within the same form - which is encouraged - please submit them in the order they appear in the instance.
  • Each submission is spec-specific. You may use the form to submit parses for more than one boss assuming each one utilized the same spec.
  • Link directly to the Damage Dealt tab of the parse. The URL should look something like this: http://www.torparse.com/a/693458/16/0/Damage+Dealt
  • Ensure consistency of Faction, Class and spec. Don’t claim to be an Imperial Sniper / Gunslinger and submit a Sharpshooter talent spec.

Thread Purpose

This thread exists to capture, maintain and monitor the top DPS performances of the current Operations. Current Operations include any that drop the highest level of gear available. In addition to allowing players and guilds the opportunity to boast and show their skill, this thread and supporting documents act as a benchmark for players to aspire.

Leaderboard Rules

• First and foremost, I reserve the right to change these rules at any time. The only reason I state this as there are not that many rules right now.

• Only submissions made through this form will be considered.

• Proof of the boss's death must exist in your log.

• This is meant to be a friendly competition; please refrain from insulting or demeaning other players as it serves no positive purpose.

• Players may only have a single Top Parse per Character per Spec per Boss. For example, a Marauder may submit an Annihilation parse as well as a Carnage parse for the same boss. Please note for the purposes of this thread minor variations in specs are irrelevant. In other words for an Annihilation Marauder 36/10/0 is effectively the same as 36/8/2.

• Cropping the ending to exclude out of combat time for adds is allowed. Just make sure the appropriate message is seen at the end of the log such as "[Player] kills [boss] with Force In Balance for 7902 damage..." or"[Player's] Corrosive Grenade effect fades from [boss]...", etc.

• Boss kills are assumed to be for the proper group and instance size. In other words, don't submit a 16m Nefra parse with only 10 people in the group.

Archived Posts/Updates

• 2 September 2014

[*]28 August 2014

• Please ensure you are following the formatting rules for submissions. Note, I ask for a skill tree build so link the build rather than your AMR profile. Also, link directly to the Damage Dealt tab of the parse.
    • Please note this is the DPS leaderboard so tank and healing parses will not be considered.
    • Well, at least I am updating this on a monthly basis. I have a new plan of when and how to update it so I genuinely think I will do better in the future.

[*]28 July 2014

• I finally migrated all historical parses from the previous threads over.
    • Sorry for the delay in getting everything updated; it was due to vacation/holiday and actually having work to do at work. I will be more timely going forward.

[*]30 June 2014

• All 8m submissions have been updated.
    • Created tabs in the leaderboard sheet for NiM Dread Palace although submission of parses has been available since 2.8 went live.
    • I will be working on 16m NiM & HM Dread Fortress followed by all of Dread Palace next. Sorry, for not recognizing you 16m raiders more quickly, but unfortunately there are not that many of you participating here. (I promise I will get this done by next reset.)

[*]9 June 2014:

• Formalized this thread and added sections:
      1. Guildelines for Submitting a Parse
      2. Thread Purpose
      3. Leaderboard Rules

[*]I have copied all of the existing 8m leaderboard entries from this thread for Nightmare Mode (NiM) and Hard Mode (HM) Dread Fortress. I will try to review the thread for NiM parses that were posted, but not added to the leaderboard. Alternatively, you may submit your parse here.

[*]All accurate submissions made via the Google Form have been added to the leaderboards. A few submissions had errors or inconsistencies; I will be contacting you via the forums to correct.

[*]I will be working on 16m NiM & HM Dread Fortress followed by all of Dread Palace next.

[*]Any parse submitted after maintenance tomorrow for NiM Dread Fortress will be assumed to be for the Nerfed version of it. The submission form will not require an update, but new tabs will appear in the tracking form.

[*]2 June 2014: I am proposing a new methodology for keeping track of the top parses from the current Operations in SWTOR. Essentially, this process requires people to submit a Google Form with the pertinent boss information. This information will then be copied into a publicly available Google Spreadsheet. I would expect to update this on a weekly basis consistent with the game's lockout system.

Benefits of this Approach

• Considerably easier maintenance of the leaderboards
    • Ensures consistent formatting
    • Better preservation of historical performances
    • Captures 8m & 16m in the same place
    • Allows for better analysis of class/spec performance
    • Maintains infinite number of entries
    • Allows for shared or changes in ownership

Drawbacks of this Approach

• More burdensome submission process
    • Data is not readily available on SWTOR Forums

Please test out the submission process here. Right now, the form is only set up to capture Nightmare Dread Fortress & Dread Palace submissions. When new Operations are released it will be easy to modify the form to capture the requisite info.

And, you can see the results here although right now there are a bunch of empty pages. Once I have a bit more time, I will replicate what is already on the leaderboards. Still, I wanted to convey how the data would be presented.

Before I invest anymore time in this I wanted to get the community's feedback. I think the submission form is complete (or very close to it), but I recognize the actual leaderboard page is not. There is a lot of formatting capabilities I can add.

What are your questions and comments?

Edited by oofalong

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really TORParse it's the game.

Yea I know, stiill makes me sad :(

However, ontopic, I really like this idea, I was thinking about something similar before when I talked to paow about DPS Leaderboards, but never found a way to make it work, but you did so that is perfect!!

Thanks for the feedback so far; it seems like this is a better way to manage things. I will be copying the published leaderboards over from the 8m & 16m threads. I will NOT be canvasing the entire thread for parses not included in the first post. Please fill out the form to get your posts added.

I specifically wanted to point out is that a link is required to show your build rather than just saying Marksman or Combat anymore. There were a few reasons for this:

• There are a few material changes between some builds, and I wanted some way to capture this. As an example the number of points a Marauder/Sentinel has invested in Malice/Insight vs. Defensive Forms.
  • From an admin side, with minimal effort I can link the build in the leaderboard the same way DPS link to TORParse. This allows for more information even if it is common knowledge.
  • I was too lazy to list all ~20 specs and I didn't want to build in additional logic in the form to ensure Spec and Adv Class compatibility.

Any specific concerns with this?

Finally, I will be editing the first post in this thread to explain the rules, which will be the same as the other threads.

I prefer the spreadsheets, but I have a concern. Since this post isn't going to be updated much, the thread is going to sink from first page in the forums. I'm sure word will spread quick among common posters in the old thread and their friends/guildies, but it may be a bit difficult for new decent ops parsers to find out about the existance of the spreadsheets.

An idea would be to have a visible link on SWTOR related websites (thinking torparse or dulfy)

I prefer the spreadsheets, but I have a concern. Since this post isn't going to be updated much, the thread is going to sink from first page in the forums. I'm sure word will spread quick among common posters in the old thread and their friends/guildies, but it may be a bit difficult for new decent ops parsers to find out about the existance of the spreadsheets.

An idea would be to have a visible link on SWTOR related websites (thinking torparse or dulfy)

I thought about the thread falling off the first page. I could easily bump every week after updating the leaderboards. Even still it could fall some.

Maybe with enough pleading it could get stickied although I would wait until this methodology is proven.

How you will handle the transition between Hardmode, Nightmare mode with Nightmare Power and Nightmare mode without Nightmare Power, will you keep the first and last pages updated or you will focus only on the latest content? For example, I loved the fact that when Nightmare mode came out, the Hardmode Leaderboard was achived due to the fact that most of the players would start to do Nightmare and focus much less on Hardmode. This would for example avoid situations where players would make an entry several weeks after the latest Nightmare came out with a new parse for Hardmode content where he reaching higher numbers due to having Nightmare gear (such as offhand/relics and so on). Edited by RikuvonDrake

How you will handle the transition between Hardmode, Nightmare mode with Nightmare Power and Nightmare mode without Nightmare Power, will you keep the first and last pages updated or you will focus only on the latest content? For example, I loved the fact that when Nightmare mode came out, the Hardmode Leaderboard was achived due to the fact that most of the players would start to do Nightmare and focus much less on Hardmode. This would for example avoid situations where players would make an entry several weeks after the latest Nightmare came out with a new parse for Hardmode content where he reaching higher numbers due to having Nightmare gear (such as offhand/relics and so on).

I see two likely scenarios, and I think it depends on your definition of 'current content'.

First, we could treat Nerfed NiM as a new tier of content. Given the reduction in bosses' health and outgoing damage I would expect DPS to increase and eclipse the existing parses. Plus, people will have new relics, main hands and other gear from NiM Dread Palace. However, this new tier of content should be kept separate from the true NiM as well as HM. This is my preference as even though the content changed the tier of gear did not. Plus, I believe people who have already cleared NiM DF will still be running the nerfed mode of it. Basically any parse submitted beginning next Tuesday would qualify for the Nerfed NiM; I wouldn't even need to change the form as every submission has a time/date stamp on it.

Second, we ignore Nerfed NiM Dread Fortress going forward altogether. Under this plan, the only 'current content' will be NiM Dread Palace. The downside to this approach is that there is only one active competition. Plus, unless 2.9 contains new HM Operations - which is doubtful - there will be no active competition come August.

What are your thoughts?

I tested it with various logs and it was a simple, easy process overall. I found it a bit weird that I couldn't put my guild's website in the guild link area without using the "http:" part, but I guess that's just there to make sure it's actually a website. More oddly, that field stopped giving me the error of "Must be a valid URL" only with "http:" and not with the extra "//" after it. Thus, "http:" is considered okay, but something like "swtorguildwebsite.com" does not work for that field nor does "www.swtorguildwebsite.com".

Anyways, the document is very neat and it works very well so thanks for going through the effort.

Looks pretty good oofalong.

Too bad you can pull all the data from Torparse automatically, with a Torparse link. Since it contains all the data there anyways. Hell, TorParse even now have incorporated class builds, where you can link a class build to a parse log.

Looks pretty good oofalong.

Too bad you can pull all the data from Torparse automatically, with a Torparse link. Since it contains all the data there anyways. Hell, TorParse even now have incorporated class builds, where you can link a class build to a parse log.

Yeah, I am going to change the form to ask for a TORParse build link rather than a TORHead one. Longer term it would be great if everyone attached builds to their parses as it would make things easier.

Also, true that this whole endeavo(u)r would be unnecessary if SWTOR differentiated between NiM & HM although this methodology will keep track of DPS performance while the content is current as opposed to people over-gearing it.

So, we starting this bad boy up, oof? Submitted a nice Annihilation Brontes parse :p

I have moved some of the stuff over already; I hope to have it down by the time 2.8 drops. Gotta get back to my SM EV brb.

I like this format, but why can we only submit Nightmare mode?

I believe the goal here is to create a benchmark for other players to aspire to as well as provide an opportunity to show off. Given this, it is appropriate for each operation to qualify when it is not over-geared. Thus, you can only submit a parse for current, not out-geared instances.

While this may sound limiting, it actually acts as a useful indication of one's relative performance. For example, if I am a player who is still working on HM DF/DP, I would be very interested in knowing how the top players performed on a specific boss given comparable gear. For these HMs we know that at most people had 180 level gear - the same gear dropped from the instances. Since a new tier of gear is available from NiM now, if HM submissions were allowed we would lose sight of what the true DPS capabilities were at the appropriate gear level.