Future Content...

Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

1) Class story

2) More Companions, maybe romanceable mercs? (and more story for the existing ones)

3) PAZAAK!

4) Housing

5) More races

6) More ship customization

7) More ship options (like what ship I wanna fly between worlds)

8) Make all emotes loop

9) Guild PvP

10) Guild ships

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This poll is invalid and does not represent anything. The only thing it represents is that the class stories option got the most votes, and that the people who voted (who represent a an incredibly small percentage of the community), made the class stories option more popular for whatever reason.

Again I said before, people can choose to give 1 vote or 5 votes. Some people may have only voted once, others twice or 3 times. If everyone was forced to give 5 votes, the results would be different.

I gave 5 votes, but my most preferred vote and least preferred vote can't be shown on a poll like this.

Bring along 2000 people who dont care about class stories, tell them to vote on this poll, the results would be different.

EDIT: 918 voters

3671 votes.

Because some people didn't give a maximum of 5 votes, this poll is missing 919 votes.

I understand what you are saying, but there were not 5 things on the poll that I wanted more of. It would be just as bad to vote for something that I don't want more of.

I voted for 3 things.

/Agree.

And honestly.. it puzzled me that the PvP vote % was so low in a multi-answer targeted poll... but that appears to have been remedied. That was the one data value that just did not seem right.

/Disagree.

You could argue that the more class story vote "doesn't seem right", because it's the highest vote. Know why? Because the majority of the people who voted seemed to prefer class story than pvp. Get 1000 hardcore pvpers to this thread and let them vote, Pvp would be the highest voted, and youll say "It puzzled me that the class story vote was so low"

I don't know how you can be puzzled by some votes being lower than others. Its a poll.

/Disagree.

You could argue that the more class story vote "doesn't seem right", because it's the highest vote. Know why? Because the majority of the people who voted seemed to prefer class story than pvp. Get 1000 hardcore pvpers to this thread and let them vote, Pvp would be the highest voted, and youll say "It puzzled me that the class story vote was so low"

I don't know how you can be puzzled by some votes being lower than others. Its a poll.

You seem to dislike PVP. Also another thing I noticed, "class story" is probably this high because us pvpers choose pvp as a first (duh) and what are the other choices? I voted for class story myself, as IDC really, could be fun. but it's not a priority. Also oddly enough... Add the hardcore pve-ers plus pvpers (for instance, operations + pvp) and what do you get... OH BOY IT'S CLOSE TO CLASS STORY VOTES

Edited by Arkillon

You seem to dislike PVP. Also another thing I noticed, "class story" is probably this high because us pvpers choose pvp as a first (duh) and what are the other choices? I voted for class story myself, as IDC really, could be fun. but it's not a priority. Also oddly enough... Add the hardcore pve-ers plus pvpers (for instance, operations + pvp) and what do you get... OH BOY IT'S CLOSE TO CLASS STORY VOTES

Each person gets up to 5 choices (out of 13 total). It's not surprising at all that for 70% of respondents.. class story made their top 5.

By the same token, it is indeed surprising (contrary to Ayelinna's claims to the contrary) that until this afternoon PvP garnered only about 20% votes. As the poll approaches the 1000 point those numbers are coming up and exceeding what I would actually expect them to be (~40%). Not because PvP is great in this game or the game is loaded with hardcore PvPers... but because there is a good amount of casual PvP played by the larger segment of players that are dominated by PvE play preferences. 20% in a choice of 5 of 13 poll did not make sense. 40% actually feels a little high to me (probably pushed up by the lobbying effort over in the PvP subforum).. so I bet PvP % settles in at 30-35% when the poll has run it's course. Time will tell.

Edited by Andryah

I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to, but if you're asking whether the gaming industry has been successful with their data gathering methodology, the dramatic increase in the industry scope and size over the last decade or so would indicate yes, the methods they are using do appear to be enormously successful.

You think focus testing is responsible for that? More like Nintendo's great idea with Wii, smartphones, consolidation of publishers or digital market which expanded access to less mainstream type of games. Which franchise/genre increased heavily in sales thanks to "appealing to masses"? Shooters? Nope, it's just COD and recent Battlefield, all the COD-fied shooters didn't really explode in sales. Survival Horror? Nope and the latest Resident Evil is a living proof. MMOs? Lol the market for that seems to have shrunk actually compared to last decade

/Disagree.

You don't understand how random samplings work do you?

While it can be argued that it's not completely random, and in fact it has, I'd be willing to be a "true" sampling wouldn't be far off. Certainly not to the extent that you seem to assume.

That is because typically we do not allow polls on the forums. Due to that, forum accounts are not flagged to create them. However, Malckiah managed to find an issue we had with some forum permissions, one that I didn't know existed, and he was able to post this poll. Imagine my surprise when I saw it in GD ;)

That issue has now been corrected and so poll creation should not be an option that anyone can see. Since this poll is already live though, I will let it ride!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

WOW!....I didn't know you couldn't create a poll, I just did it and it worked. Sorry! :eek:

WOW!....I didn't know you couldn't create a poll, I just did it and it worked. Sorry! :eek:

Hehe.. not your fault. As Eric said.. your initiative demonstrated a permissions loophole he was not aware was there. :)

But you've ruined it for anyone else now. :p

I have to say though... if we only get one shot at the polling system in the forum.. you did extremely well with it IMO. :)

Hehe.. not your fault. As Eric said.. your initiative demonstrated a permissions loophole he was not aware was there. :)

But you've ruined it for anyone else now. :p

I have to say though... if we only get one shot at the polling system in the forum.. you did extremely well with it IMO. :)

It was Mal's destiny to make this poll!

Even Bioware's tech couldn't stand against that.

I'd like all of the above and yes I'd pay for it as an expansion. On a few conditions, namely we get more than one planet, several unique and cool features along with some engine performance upgrades.

For lack of a better comparison, a wow style expansion.

I hate to know what Bioware's internal metrics would say about us the majority of us are:

level 1 smattering of every class all human all with no altered appearance with names such as ahfopeha who really enjoy spending $15 on a Scam that will likely rob you blind, and advertize it to all their friends in the general chat.

yeah Eric be careful of your internal metrics as i doubt you can sort it for all the spambots.

i figure Human is the most common species because of A spambots and B Free 2 Play players only get Human, sometimes cyborg or Zabrak.

the Forums do contain a Sample of the player population (and uncontaminated by spambots), and id say a sample is better than nothing or a internal metric skewed by 50% spambots.

now certainly there is a Large Margin of Error here, but considering the Large Following of requests for new Class Story id say its likely more Class Story would be Welcomed by the Larger Game Community.

your pointing out that all we are is a sample not representative of the in game population, what it tells me is the guys back there in Bioware Don't want to create more Class Story, increase the level cap, make new planets, a New Mini games, or a New Class.

Eric did kinda sorta spill the beans about new PVP content, thats a lot easier to make anyways. and i think we saved Bioware of the trouble of adding any new Schematics to the Crew Skills, Great, everyone drop your current Crewskills and Get Bio, its the only thing that will retain any payoff.

Hmmm,

Heh, if I could have put all five votes on class story I probably would have. Was really the big reason I picked up this game was I wanted to play the stories. Yeah the multiplayer aspect is fun and all, I do enjoy the occasional bout into PVP (at least until people start the blame game when things go wrong) and the handful of operations I've tried were fun. PUG'ed Karagga's palace with a bunch of players who had never done it and the only vet DC'ed after the second boss. Everyone chipped in and worked together to beat the rest of the OP, was really cool. Hell, one of the coolest experiences I ever had was beating HM False Emperor 2man and our comps after two of our players DCed. Me on my Powertech tank with HK, this fresh 50 DPS Operative with Lokin. Malgus was one hell of a fight and defeating him actually made me feel like I accomplished something. So yeah, the multiplayer aspects are fun. But while they're fun, they're just things I do casually. Hell I really did the OPs so I could finally see the story parts of them.

So yeah, for me it's Class Story as the number one thing I want more (and yes, I realize that it is probably one of the things that is least likely to happen. Budgets are tight, coding takes forever, writing is a pain), etc. But if you're gonna dream about what you want, well I want class story because in this game there is so much Bioware could do with story. For starters they could continue all of the class story arcs give them whole new chapters (short ones, long ones, doesn't matter to me really). Have the inquisitors deal with someone trying to usurp their seat, agents have to stop a traitor from exposing the identity of all Imperial Intelligence Agents, troopers are thrown into a behind the enemy lines mission without any Republic support, jedi knights on a hunt for the hands and servants of the emperor. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. With the dreadmasters done they could introduce a game arc tied in some way to every class, like having to deal with the sudden appearance of an heir to the emperor or a republic movement attempting to create a more militaristic jedi order and each class has their own unique arc tied to the main plot. They could create entire new classes based off story archetypes, they didn't use like the slicer or the diplomat, sith infiltrator or fallen jedi (just my examples, and yes, I realize I'm probably not using archetype correctly). The bottom line is that there is room for a ton of stories and worlds and people that bioware could explore and develop with this game.

That's the kind of stuff I would love to see happen. If we're dreaming about the future of the game, that's the kind of future I dream about. Again, do I think any of that will happen? No. Will I be disappointed? A little bit. I do enjoy the stories enough that I find the game really repeatable. But hey, the poll was "What do I want most" not "what do I think is most likely to happen." So there, Class stories are my number one choice. PVP and OPs just feel like grinding after I do them for a while.

On a side note, I am really excited about the Star Fighter expansion. I'm really curious to see how man "fighter squadron" guilds will pop up once it starts.

#1 PVP

#2 Class stories

#3 Making craftign a viable way to make money/ make usefull things

#4 A possible new class

#5 Not on this list: But way more options class related:

Smugglers; able to make extra money by smuggling spice in space(if not caught)

Bounty hunters: People can post bounties and you can act on them as bounty hunter class./random pve bounties added

Also one option I'd love to see, but which we probably never would:

A different "Faction"

You got the Empire,

You got the republic

Now what I really want: is a neutral faction, able to gain reputation/access to both rep and empire at the same time.

Such as Smuggler, Bounty hunter, Pirate etc etc etc.

This could be made very interesting, that if they don't pass by the laws of either republic or empire faction, that they will be sought by the Government and trial'd etc. or smuggle goods from the empire to republic or other way around.

Pirating ships from republic or empire while you're staying anonymious. etc etc etc.

At the cost ofcourse that the neutral factions will not be able to get the newest/high tech stuff, except for at a high price. (as they have more potential in making money than normal republic or empire. but not the access to the massive armory/ships that the empire/republic have.

IMO class stories are done, they did the job of getting us up to the front lines of what needs to be done faction vs faction. If they continue the route they have gone with new planets and faction missions with just enough dialogue for each class, it would be enough for me.

Mini games #1 ( more stuff to do, more variety of game play the better) with space pvp coming, that could be expanded on pve wise, and the races could come and gambling etc.)

More companions #2 ,,. makes rolling alts more fun

Planets #3 (more, lots more)

Each person gets up to 5 choices (out of 13 total). It's not surprising at all that for 70% of respondents.. class story made their top 5.

By the same token, it is indeed surprising (contrary to Ayelinna's claims to the contrary) that until this afternoon PvP garnered only about 20% votes. As the poll approaches the 1000 point those numbers are coming up and exceeding what I would actually expect them to be (~40%). Not because PvP is great in this game or the game is loaded with hardcore PvPers... but because there is a good amount of casual PvP played by the larger segment of players that are dominated by PvE play preferences. 20% in a choice of 5 of 13 poll did not make sense. 40% actually feels a little high to me (probably pushed up by the lobbying effort over in the PvP subforum).. so I bet PvP % settles in at 30-35% when the poll has run it's course. Time will tell.

I find it kinda amusing that they are lobbying for people to vote in the poll. It's not like it will make a difference to BW's future content plans. They have the metrics for how many people are playing PvP. Even if 100% voted PvP content here, they would still see that nowhere near that number actually play PvP in the game and make their decisions based on that.

If anything, this lobbying to get more votes for the PvP might actually hurt the poll itself by making bioware disregard it completely because of obvious bias.

I hate to know what Bioware's internal metrics would say about us the majority of us are:

level 1 smattering of every class all human all with no altered appearance with names such as ahfopeha who really enjoy spending $15 on a Scam that will likely rob you blind, and advertize it to all their friends in the general chat.

yeah Eric be careful of your internal metrics as i doubt you can sort it for all the spambots.

i figure Human is the most common species because of A spambots and B Free 2 Play players only get Human, sometimes cyborg or Zabrak.

the Forums do contain a Sample of the player population (and uncontaminated by spambots), and id say a sample is better than nothing or a internal metric skewed by 50% spambots.

now certainly there is a Large Margin of Error here, but considering the Large Following of requests for new Class Story id say its likely more Class Story would be Welcomed by the Larger Game Community.

your pointing out that all we are is a sample not representative of the in game population, what it tells me is the guys back there in Bioware Don't want to create more Class Story, increase the level cap, make new planets, a New Mini games, or a New Class.

Eric did kinda sorta spill the beans about new PVP content, thats a lot easier to make anyways. and i think we saved Bioware of the trouble of adding any new Schematics to the Crew Skills, Great, everyone drop your current Crewskills and Get Bio, its the only thing that will retain any payoff.

I doubt they count the lvl 1-10 characters.

I find it kinda amusing that they are lobbying for people to vote in the poll. It's not like it will make a difference to BW's future content plans. They have the metrics for how many people are playing PvP. Even if 100% voted PvP content here, they would still see that nowhere near that number actually play PvP in the game and make their decisions based on that.

If anything, this lobbying to get more votes for the PvP might actually hurt the poll itself by making bioware disregard it completely because of obvious bias.

At the same time they gather data from various sources and not just metrics. The one thing that is missing here though is that PvP is one item, whereas for PvE there multiple ones. So for PvE you can get an idea of what sort of PvE content is interesting to people here...for PvP we just know there are people who like to PvP. It would've made sense to have split up PvP in specific items/activities as well.