Please help!

ClaudeTaylor

I just got the +10 endurance datatron from makeb. I checked my codex under Achievment datacrons and it should say 68/69 but it still says 67/69. Is anyone else having this problem if so is there away i can check to see if i got credit because after i clicked it i watched the cut scene then it said i recieved +10 endurance . After the cutscene ended i clicked the datacron 6 more times to make sure i got credit. each time itr said i couldnt access that datacron anymore.

• 2 months later...
  • Dev Post

Hi ClaudeTaylor,

In Game Update 2.2.2, we're fixing a bug that causes the Codex entry for "Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion" (a Makeb Datacron) to be listed incorrectly under Alderaan rather than Makeb. Will you please double check this and see if this is the issue that you're having? If so, please watch for this fix tomorrow morning. If not, will you please post to let us know?

Thanks!

The two Makeb datacrons do not currently award their associated codex entry at all. Never have. The fact that they're flagged under the Alderaan planet category instead of Makeb is moot since no one has the entries in the first place. The 67/69 figure refers to the main Achievements: Datacron codex category, 67 being the number of datacrons in the original game.

Hi ClaudeTaylor,

In Game Update 2.2.2, we're fixing a bug that causes the Codex entry for "Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion" (a Makeb Datacron) to be listed incorrectly under Alderaan rather than Makeb. Will you please double check this and see if this is the issue that you're having? If so, please watch for this fix tomorrow morning. If not, will you please post to let us know?

Thanks!

Datacrons should not be listed under alderaan, makeb, or any other planet that they might have been acquired on. They should be listed under Datacrons because it is a datacron. Seems simple enough to me.

As a followup to this, the Codex entry for "Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion" does indeed appear to have been removed from Alderaan's section. However my Alderaan Codex is still showing 5/6 Datacrons, which means the Codex entry for "Galactic History 89: Capturing the Dread Masters" is still listed under Alderaan instead of Makeb.

Also, I still don't have the actual Codex entries in question even though I have obtained both Makeb datacrons. My Achievement: Datacrons section still reads 67/69.

Finally, Makeb doesn't even have a Codex entry in the Planet section to begin with. So while Alderaan has lost one its phantom datacrons, I have no idea if it was actually assigned to Makeb or not. So I'm not really sure what the point of this 'fix' was.

Same issue. Codex entries 88 and 89 are not listed even though I have both the datacrons from Makeb. Alderaan is the only planet that lists less than the full amount of datacrons, which is 5/6. However, I do remember getting the Alderaan Datacron Master Achievement.

Finally, I'm listed as having only 67/69 total. So Alderaan still has one phantom and Makeb's 88 and 89 are missing completely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
As a followup to this, the Codex entry for "Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion" does indeed appear to have been removed from Alderaan's section. However my Alderaan Codex is still showing 5/6 Datacrons, which means the Codex entry for "Galactic History 89: Capturing the Dread Masters" is still listed under Alderaan instead of Makeb.

Also, I still don't have the actual Codex entries in question even though I have obtained both Makeb datacrons. My Achievement: Datacrons section still reads 67/69.

Finally, Makeb doesn't even have a Codex entry in the Planet section to begin with. So while Alderaan has lost one its phantom datacrons, I have no idea if it was actually assigned to Makeb or not. So I'm not really sure what the point of this 'fix' was.

Hi JRastenn,

First of all, I really want to complement you for providing details like this. What you've given is exactly the type of information that helps me get to the bottom of these things for you guys.

As you may have noticed with the last few patches, we're working on getting the Codex cleaned up and corrected. We'll be sure to pass along what's been provided in this thread, and as any updates come about, we'll be sure to get them posted here.

Thanks to everyone for your ongoing patience, for communicating your reports to us, and for being a part of the community.

:ph_cheers:

I find it rather hard to believe this isn't already common knowledge for BioWare since in the small time I browse the forums I've seen it many MANY times. Also many ingame questions on Alderaan about the 5/7 (now 5/6) entries. And the plain missing of any Makeb entry should be obvious for anyone looking for it, and also been stated many times to be missing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After nearly two years of avoiding doing datacrons, I finally spent my weekend (sadly) collecting all 69 of them. After getting all 67 of the old ones, and then acquiring both of the +10 Makeb Datacrons, I am still at 67 of 69.

/bumping this for a dev update

Edited by SOULCASTER