New Conquest Point Objectives

Amunra-amunray

While this divinely abundant awarding of conquest points is amazing. With experience i know there is a nerf football in conquests future as this is the pattern with such things.

That being said what if only quest mission completion was the only manner in which these new conquest points are awarded. Instead of mobs allowing for conquest at all. This may balance the overwhelming awesomeness of conquest scoring that was the past two weeks.

While this divinely abundant awarding of conquest points is amazing. With experience i know there is a nerf football in conquests future as this is the pattern with such things.

That being said what if only quest mission completion was the only manner in which these new conquest points are awarded. Instead of mobs allowing for conquest at all. This may balance the overwhelming awesomeness of conquest scoring that was the past two weeks.

Please don’t nerf it or suggest it.

Hey there

What you are suggesting would completely defeat the purpose of this change which is that people can earn conquest points by doing whatever they like doing in the game. Just because you like completing quests doesn't mean everyone does.

Kind regards

Peter

Hey there

What you are suggesting would completely defeat the purpose of this change which is that people can earn conquest points by doing whatever they like doing in the game. Just because you like completing quests doesn't mean everyone does.

Kind regards

Peter

I'm on the fence about the OP's request. This is the first full day of "regular" points being seen. It's much too early to be calling for nerfs or changes even if the intentions are possibly good (pre-emptively offering suggestions).

However, to THIS point, quest completion points are more than just "quests" from npcs for side quests or planet quests. It also includes bonus missions from heroics, and many other areas of the game.

Please buff pvp objectives for conquest points and kills. we dont get any conquest from kills in pvp warzone etc.

While true, we do still get conquest points for EVERY single warzone match and arena battle, and every single GSF match.

With you now getting extra conquest points for the "win 4 matches" mission (now also a quest completion for an extra conquest point award) and the 20 weekly wins in the same category....I'd bet, for the first time in a LONG time, that conquest via PVP and conquest via strictly heroics (as an example) are about equal.

While true, we do still get conquest points for EVERY single warzone match and arena battle, and every single GSF match.

With you now getting extra conquest points for the "win 4 matches" mission (now also a quest completion for an extra conquest point award) and the 20 weekly wins in the same category....I'd bet, for the first time in a LONG time, that conquest via PVP and conquest via strictly heroics (as an example) are about equal.

Well, for pve players, all they need is to do CZ 198 weekly + home planet heroics + capital planets heroics under 30mins = 15k conquest points. For pvp players, 6 warzones matches later and an hour later, we have not hit even close to the 15k conquest points

Well, for pve players, all they need is to do CZ 198 weekly + home planet heroics + capital planets heroics under 30mins = 15k conquest points. For pvp players, 6 warzones matches later and an hour later, we have not hit even close to the 15k conquest points

That was true, last week.

This week, last night I did this.

cz-198 ~2.5k conquest points

Ilum Heroic 1k conquest points for event and ~500 conquest points for heroic value

Ilum Gree mission 2k conquest points

6k points for about 20-25 minutes

Then...500 conquest points for each heroic, ~500 conquest points for each bonus mission while doing heroics.

Sure, the first few toons you'll get rampage points, but depending on WHICH heroics you choose, you may not even kill that many mobs.

That was true, last week.

This week, last night I did this.

cz-198 ~2.5k conquest points

Ilum Heroic 1k conquest points for event and ~500 conquest points for heroic value

Ilum Gree mission 2k conquest points

6k points for about 20-25 minutes

Then...500 conquest points for each heroic, ~500 conquest points for each bonus mission while doing heroics.

Sure, the first few toons you'll get rampage points, but depending on WHICH heroics you choose, you may not even kill that many mobs.

Yes, exactly how it should be for pve players. We can agree that the patch greatly boost pve players rate of getting conquest points. so why not also help pvp players by boosting their conquest points as well by adding objectives during a match? Maybe this will motivate players to actually contribute more rather than farming 8 medals and then afk one corner as well to get the cxp rewards at the end of match.

Yes, exactly how it should be for pve players. We can agree that the patch greatly boost pve players rate of getting conquest points. so why not also help pvp players by boosting their conquest points as well by adding objectives during a match? Maybe this will motivate players to actually contribute more rather than farming 8 medals and then afk one corner as well to get the cxp rewards at the end of match.

not removal just reduced....

The easiest solution to the pvp problem is to make the 8 medals only apply once the match ends.

Then to stop people standing in the corner, you either get the points if you win or you half the points for a loss or buff the points for a win.

Anyone of those works as an incentive to try and win and you only win if you play the objectives.

IMO, medals are too easy to get for doing very little in the match. The current 8 medals and then being able to leave the match is an utter joke.

I would like to see them buff the points for a win over them nerfing the loss. But I would also like to see the medal system updated and setup to reflect the individual WZ maps and objectives and not be generic for every map.

Then medals could be rewarded based on actual contribution to the win and not who farmed the most dps.

That means the solo person who selflessly guards all match and doesn’t lose the node to attacks would get as many medals as the person farming numbers.

You might also get more medal points for kills or damage done the closer you are to objectives, wether attacking or defending. If you are too far away, any medals you may have gotten for a big hit or heal wouldn’t apply. It would encourage people to not run all over the map like headless chickens to death match.

This could be taken one step further by having the conquest points scale based on your contribution (with revised medal system). Which would then be multiplied based on wether you win or lose. Under some circumstances, it would even be possible for someone on the losing team to get more medals = conquest points than someone who didn’t contribute enough on the winning team.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You failed to take into account that this week ain't 2x XP.

EACH Weekly give you a wooping 500 or so CQXP. While you get 20K GC XP for it.

Each mission I've done on a few char give you around 500 GC XP and 291 CQXP.

The problem ain't the NPC's a normal one gives around 2-4 CQXP.

For me with 100 Legacy XP buff, 70% Stronghold buff it takes me.

WEEKLY DONE

CZ-198

Ossus

Yavin 4

Blackhole

Ziost

At least to get close to or to make the personal goal for conquest

Mind you that all those are

Ossus = 10 Mission

CZ-198 = 5 Mission

Yavin 4 = 8 Missions

Blackhole = 5 Missions

Ziost = 5 Missions

Some of them include H2+ in there weekly's too.

So there is A LOT of running around and time used up to reach ONE char's conquest goal.

The main issue I have that is the WEEKLY give me 491 CQXP EVEN if I get 20+K GC XP

While a heroic give me like 500 GC XP and 291 CQ XP.

See the difference!!!!!!

WEEKLY DONE

CZ-198

Ossus

Yavin 4

Blackhole

Ziost

Ossus = 10 Mission

CZ-198 = 5 Mission

Yavin 4 = 8 Missions

Blackhole = 5 Missions

Ziost = 5 Missions

So there is A LOT of running around and time used up to reach ONE char's conquest goal.

The main issue I have that is the WEEKLY give me 491 CQXP EVEN if I get 20+K GC XP

See the difference!!!!!!

I did this week with the full 150% stronghold bonus on my alts. it is still roughly the same to cap the 15k conquest points. Cz 198 + capital planet heroics + home planet heroics. Although i dont stealth through any mobs instead i kill everything i see normally as it is still fast enough.

I did this week with the full 150% stronghold bonus on my alts. it is still roughly the same to cap the 15k conquest points. Cz 198 + capital planet heroics + home planet heroics. Although i dont stealth through any mobs instead i kill everything i see normally as it is still fast enough.

None I've done them so far have stealth.

but I only have 70% stronghold bonus.

My issue is more that the WEEKLY give you around 500 XP, while the GC XP you get is anything from 6K too 20K

Still the CQ XP stay around 500 XP.

you are WAY better off doing Heroics for the CQ then bother doing ANY Weekly since that Weekly in it self give you crap CQ XP if you compare it to GC XP.

WEEKLY DONE

CZ-198

Ossus

Yavin 4

Blackhole

Ziost

Ossus = 10 Mission

CZ-198 = 5 Mission

Yavin 4 = 8 Missions

Blackhole = 5 Missions

Ziost = 5 Missions

See the difference!!!!!!

Ziost is also different in that there are maybe 5 npc's to kill-4 of the droids (unless you get one you don't have to kill) and the droid inside the last daily so we get even less conquest points there for killing mobs as there are at the max 5 to kill so that also figures in the conquest points. (I have the 150% bonus) but it took me longer this week than last week.

My point being this.

1 Mission or Heroic = 300 CQ XP or there around.

1 Weekly Mission, and I mean the WEEKLY mission only, IE, the one you get for doing them all.

around 500 CQ XP, Regardless of how much GC XP you gain from them.

So there is NO incentive for a player at GC level 300 to go after a weekly since that will give you 500 where's you do a heroic give you 300.

Regardless IF said heroic give me 248 GC XP the Yavin 4 did on 1 char.

The CQ XP still staid at 291 CQ XP.

The CQ XP do NOT scale with the amount of GC XP you get.

I have legacy bonus 100%

Stronghold bonus = 70%

Point is, it DOES not matter!

The one who got the 248 GC / 291 CQ

Have full 10% boost for XP

Level 300 already

The discrepancy is in the value of a singel mission vs the reward for the weekly mission you do.

My point being this.

1 Mission or Heroic = 300 CQ XP or there around.

1 Weekly Mission, and I mean the WEEKLY mission only, IE, the one you get for doing them all.

around 500 CQ XP, Regardless of how much GC XP you gain from them.

So there is NO incentive for a player at GC level 300 to go after a weekly since that will give you 500 where's you do a heroic give you 300.

Regardless IF said heroic give me 248 GC XP the Yavin 4 did on 1 char.

The CQ XP still staid at 291 CQ XP.

The CQ XP do NOT scale with the amount of GC XP you get.

I have legacy bonus 100%

Stronghold bonus = 70%

Point is, it DOES not matter!

The one who got the 248 GC / 291 CQ

Have full 10% boost for XP

Level 300 already

The discrepancy is in the value of a singel mission vs the reward for the weekly mission you do.

Conquest XP is based on base XP. Command XP has nothing to do with Conquest XP at all. The XP for a single heroic vs the XP for a weekly are very close, with the weekly being slightly higher. The weekly XP quest is just a reward for doing the planetary heroics each week. The reason the command reward is so high on them is as an incentive to actually complete all the missions, not just the quick and easy ones.

Your normal XP bonuses and your stronghold bonus is all that will matter on how much conquest you get.

The incentive for a character at GC300 to do the weekly is that the weekly is still 4-6 command crates for gear for alts.

Little hard to see the base XP at CL 70 woulden't you say.

Beside, We ALL know come 6.0 all gear as is will be useless.

as for command crates, you think most do weekly do gear another char ?.

THAT is pointless if anything really.

But to the matter at hand, there is NO way to see the BASE XP, when you reach CL70.

All you see as you know is Money and GC XP.

Still, on the last char with boost, Y4 = 28K GC, 700-800 CQ.

THAT is what bothers me, still, we can't see the BASE XP!

But again... GC and Conquest have nothing in common. You can kill grey mobs on coruscant and get 3-5 command poing for non elites. you can kill grey mobs on voss and get 3-5 Command points for non elites. You will not get conquest points for killing grey mobs.

You can kill green mobs on coruscant and get 3-5 conquest points for non-elites. You can kill green mobs on CZ and 10-15 conquest points per non elite mob.

Conquest points are based on the mob type weak, normal, elite, boss.

I realize that we can't see the base XP, but you have to separate Command points from Conquest points. They are two completely separate reward systems.

True.

But as you said, all you do give CQ XP again true.

But, kill a non elite and you get what 4 GC, 2 CQ = 50%

Y4 Weekly = 28K GC and 700 CQ

Tad different.

Beside, why grant so little CQ for weekly compared to GC.

GC is going away,

Then they should at least tell us how much we get for the weekly since atm it's puny for what you get for all else you do. With 2x XP it was oki to get the weekly CQ done on a few char, now it's a chore.

I for one will not repeat this again on my char, since to me it's WAY to much work for WAY to little reward in terms of CQ XP.

True.

But as you said, all you do give CQ XP again true.

But, kill a non elite and you get what 4 GC, 2 CQ = 50%

Y4 Weekly = 28K GC and 700 CQ

Tad different.

Beside, why grant so little CQ for weekly compared to GC.

GC is going away,

Then they should at least tell us how much we get for the weekly since atm it's puny for what you get for all else you do. With 2x XP it was oki to get the weekly CQ done on a few char, now it's a chore.

I for one will not repeat this again on my char, since to me it's WAY to much work for WAY to little reward in terms of CQ XP.

Chore? At this point you have to just be trolling. Conquest hasn't been this easy since they had the change phase bug to allow you to reset objectives.

EDIT: You mean the Weekly......... yeah... i only do the weekly on CZ and Ziost because they are fast and easy. Get Ziost and CZ done in about 10 minutes and get a bonus 400 Conquest for doing them.

Edited by MacCleoud