Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

GeorgZoeller

Armstech: This crew skill is missing a lot. Even artifice has the ability to create more then just the hilts and some interesting weapons at end game. Barrel upgrades are only good until level 49: level 50 you just do dailies and get upgrades that surpass that. Even every guide I read actually almost deters you away from taking this craft. The only thing you might be able to make at level 50 is the Orange weapon variants at best. There needs to be more to this craft, so much more to make it desirable.

Just as a note: I've made over 3 million (plus everything I've spent on skills, including speeders, up to lvl 50) pretty much exclusively with this skill. Barrels, Techblades, Vibroknives and Techstaves. I don't even bother with the guns though, they're a waste of time.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a note: I've made over 3 million (plus everything I've spent on skills, including speeders, up to lvl 50) pretty much exclusively with this skill. Barrels, Techblades, Vibroknives and Techstaves. I don't even bother with the guns though, they're a waste of time.

As I said, it's lacking a lot, never said you can't make a lot of money with said craft, I just said it has massive room for improvement to make it as desirable as Biochem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vecte

If this means I can actually wear the gear I desire to wear, AND be optimal, well then you have a game-long subscriber here. There is NO customization available right now. Once you hit 50, each class looks the same. I have sets of orange gear that I have collected, and kept, awaiting the day I would be able to remove the mods from my purple gear, so I don't look like everyone else...

That is exactly what that means, yes.

Patch 1.1.2 is live and that's not exaclty what that means. We still have to stick with PvP gear and we can't remove ALL it's mods (including armoring, barrel and hilts with it's expertise value) and use them on our Orange (modable) gear. Still no customization at all. Still crafters useless. Still we can't enjoy items like magenta crystal at level 50. (And still ugly PvP chest for Smugglers).

Digesting: Still a "clone" realm at level 50.

I will like you to be clear on this issue, because this is a big reason for unsubscribe this game in short term, because we are getting very tired of wearing the same crap since 4 months ago and looking all players the same:

Are you locking that because you don't want several different armor pieces (in terms of rendering computation) on high populated areas like Ilum battles?

If the response is yes, you should start thinking to redesign that kind of battles, because customization is most important than massive battles in any mmorpg.

If the response is no, do you have any reason at all to not unlock these mods? Because this is a very easy change on the game that only needs a quick hotfix and almost no testing (and you can give me any technical argument against this statement, but I know that's the truth).

Edited by moefling

Make crafting items unique for god sake.

Make professions worth the trouble to pick them up in the first place.

As a Armortech you only get 2 Rakata pieces ( Waist + Wrist ) in the end. For that you need 400 Armotech which equals nearly ~120-150 hours play time. I'm not suggesting that you should bring full sets for crafters.

I suggest you give each profession something unique, like for Armortech, make those 2 pieces ( Wrist and Waist ) rating 150 not 140, add a few stats to them.

Likewise for Artifice, make them able to craft a few things over the maximum non-craftable level in game.

Not much aware about the other professions.

Bring something unique to each profession, something that would make the end user think :

"Hey I'm starting a new character, what should i pick lemme see, umm Armormech sounds cool, look i can craft 2 pieces above the max item rating in-game. Yay it will surely not be a waste to spend 200 hours with my 3 professions if i can get those 2 unique pieces"

Hope it makes sense .

As a Armortech you only get 2 Rakata pieces ( Waist + Wrist ) in the end. For that you need 400 Armotech which equals nearly ~120-150 hours play time. I'm not suggesting that you should bring full sets for crafters.

Hope it makes sense .

you can hit 400 in any crew skill in ~8 hours...

i was intending to create a new thread..but ill start here and see if any response can be seen, if yes- will start new thread (because not all ideas are actually crafting-related, but more of a pvp/pve related)

here are a few ideas:- please read and give some responses

1. divide effects of endgame re-useables and consumables into pve and pvp effect

How would that work-example- make all medpacks regardless of grade work in pvp as the pvp-medpack

(well- may be less cool-down etc). for pvE - no biochem requirement, just level requirement, binds on FIRST USE; in pvP- can only be used if biochem=xxx, shared hp gain with other medpacks (except the re-useable part)

similar effects on granades, stims and similar things....

1.A) i would suggest that in pvp (warzones particularly) the stim effects are not remooved by death- that would be only logical

thus making RAKATA consumeables (wich are supposed to be pve thing) give the best in pve and not give irrational upper hand in pvp

2. make WZ (and if possible- ilum) a cross-server thing

result example: if a group queues makes group queue they end up facing another similar group that also queued together and have more or less same valor. (thus allowing the hard core pvp-ers to face equal challange and players who just started pvp-ing after reaching lv50 out of nothing else to do also face less expearianced players with similar gear)

If a person queued for warzone alone he ends up in an ACTUAL MIX of persons who also wanted a RANDOM DRAW (as huttball states)

this would allow to reduce shock of near insta-kill expeariance when an unsuspecting player in lv45-50 armor faces a few players in battlemaster gear in SUPPOSEDLY equal fight.

3. divide effects of rather problematic skills in pvp and pve- jedi shadows are pretty strong spikers, witch should mean their defenses should not be in par with a tank....but in pve that is the only way to keep gameplay balance? - well-divide effict to pvp and pve

example- shadows and assassins got a debuff for some abilities- keep changes for pvp, but while in pve- let them be as before.

4. make schematics and some real rare crafting materials bind to account instead of character -> thus allowing to actually use crafting without need to over-gear all characters

in my honest opinion such implements should allow the game process to be a bit more logical.

you can hit 400 in any crew skill in ~8 hours...

I was talking about the vast majority of people that are maxing their crew skills while leveling a toon. Not about the 0,5% who max the primary crew skill from the Global Trade Market. If you do it that way, good for you, but the majority don't have milion of credits at hand to do the same.

Hey, My current thoughts are the economy for crew skills is just plainly broken. Synthweaveing has very little if no items to craft and sell, Also the power in stats of these pattern drops from ops should be equal to the loot droped from those ops. Witch currently they are not, It feels as tho taking anything but biochem right now is useless i have to spam dailies ect to make any credits . Were as biochem just farms for a hour to make nearly 300k credits. This needs to be adressed so players can take these crafts and see long term benefits and not just ooo i can sell one item for like 1 week witch people want then i must wait for the next major content patch.

Kayless

I was talking about the vast majority of people that are maxing their crew skills while leveling a toon. Not about the 0,5% who max the primary crew skill from the Global Trade Market. If you do it that way, good for you, but the majority don't have milion of credits at hand to do the same.

okay, i hit 400 synthweaving/underworld trading/archaology within the 4 days it took me to hit 50.

I have a complain to express and I feel like this is the thread I need to express it.

I don't know if someone else already mention something similar to this, but I really could't search 100 pages to find out..

I find really UNACCEPTABLE that there's a CHANCE for a player to get his desired artifact implant recipe(Mastercraft version) by reverse engineering only two items, one green and one blue item, while I have REd almost 300 critical nano-optic might package implants and still didn't even at least get a second artifact recipe! I've only learned one recipe till now which is "Leadership critical nano-optic might package [superior]". There are five different critical nano-optic might package recipes versions in artifact, and the one I want is the "Fervor". There's a good chance that I might learn all the other first before I mange to get this one...

I mean... COME ON..

Opinions ?

Edited by Carlitost

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.

^ this is great news!!

Edited by Sconnoll

I have a complain to express and I feel like this is the thread I need to express it.

I don't know if someone else already mention something similar to this, but I really could't search 100 pages to find out..

I find really UNACCEPTABLE that there's a CHANCE for a player to get his desired artifact implant recipe(Mastercraft version) by reverse engineering only two items, one green and one blue item, while I have REd almost 300 critical nano-optic might package implants and still didn't even at least get a second artifact recipe! I've only learned one recipe till now which is "Leadership critical nano-optic might package [superior]". There are five different critical nano-optic might package recipes versions in artifact, and the one I want is the "Fervor". There's a good chance that I might learn all the other first before I mange to get this one...

I mean... COME ON..

Opinions ?

You see that is just the thing about RANDOM. If you have a 1% chance at a critical success the first time you still have only a 1% chance the hundredth time.

Sometimes the bet just doesn't break your way, friend.

Fortunately the odds often seem to be better than that.

I would be happy if "chance of schematic" was displayed when we hovered over a potential RE item.

I'm not afraid of a bit of randomness, indeed I quite like the random element as to what you get, and would like to see it expanded, to Barrels and other mods for example.

That would definitively help!

*hovering over lvl 47 chest*

Chance of Reverse engineering success: 9%

Then I will know that after reversing 11 there's a 99% chance my next one will be a purple. If I don't get it on my 12th then the 13th must statistically give me a new schematic.

And for the love of the Republic, fix so that you cannot get the "You already know this schematic"-message.

Rolling an alt is not endgame. I have 2/5 Rakata gear myself and I'm leveling an Agent (34) and Bounty Hunter (28) are you saying I must have rushed? Frankly the game is too damn easy and gives gear our to fast.

You must be mistaking TOR for a gear-grind game. It's not. In fact, BioWare is going to make the difference in gear between fresh 50 and full 50 even shallower.

And I'm extremely glad for that. I, for one, am sick and tired of the "you are your gear" mentality...

You must be mistaking TOR for a gear-grind game. It's not...

I think you really believe that. Funny considering how TOR gives out gear to everyone and is the ultimate goal of everything in TOR. Crafting is worthless in it's current state and I want it to be better. I'm not a loot whore I wish crafting could be as good as SWG but that will never happen.

I think you really believe that. Funny considering how TOR gives out gear to everyone and is the ultimate goal of everything in TOR. Crafting is worthless in it's current state and I want it to be better. I'm not a loot whore I wish crafting could be as good as SWG but that will never happen.

(or Mabinogi)

That system will probably never migrate into another game without issues. I agree with this though, crafting needs a little more to make it unique then "get these materials and oh look, here it is"

Edited by Kotogami

(or Mabinogi)

That system will probably never migrate into another game without issues. I agree with this though, crafting needs a little more to make it unique then "get these materials and oh look, here it is"

Mabinogi is a F2p game right? Don't know anything about the crafting. Care to enlighten me?

Mabinogi is a F2p game right? Don't know anything about the crafting. Care to enlighten me?

To summarize it, basically you would have to try to craft something up to 100%, based on your skill - this could be hell or easy. After that you would have a mini-game that could either improve or ruin the piece of gear depending on how well you did.

... and embrace the game’s extensive appearance customization throughout the game.

Sorry Georg, I just can't agree or embrace it. While orange custom gear does give you some room for customization the majority of the gear in the game is still stats or looks for most people compromising on one or the other.

Take most of the pvp/rakata/columbi gear for example, love the stats, despise the looks (for the most).

The current system simply does not go far enough. Please consider appearance slots as such a system is simpler and more powerful than the current implimentation. As an added bonus this would also make lower stat gear with different looks less redundant if people could still utilize them.

As a side note if appearance slots were introduced I would like to see the different quality gear (premium/prototype/artifact) have different textures with artifact tending to look more vibrant or deeper colours, more expensive looking textures. Again this would improve the utility of gear across the board.

Edited by Aram_Darksun

As a side note if appearance slots were introduced I would like to see the different quality gear (premium/prototype/artifact) have different textures with artifact tending to look more vibrant or deeper colours, more expensive looking textures. Again this would improve the utility of gear across the board.

Really appearance slots and dyes would pretty much eliminate any problems with gear aesthetic wise. Why Bioware decided modifible gear is better is beyond me.

To summarize it, basically you would have to try to craft something up to 100%, based on your skill - this could be hell or easy. After that you would have a mini-game that could either improve or ruin the piece of gear depending on how well you did.

That sounds pretty interesting and I must learn more through youtube.

Really appearance slots and dyes would pretty much eliminate any problems with gear aesthetic wise. Why Bioware decided modifible gear is better is beyond me.

That sounds pretty interesting and I must learn more through youtube.

To answer first question, because mod-able weapons like how they have it set up hasn't really been done that often (some extent on a few games though). It's them wanting to be a bit unique on their equipment. They could still do dyes though or at least something to make your gear match - like the "Match Chest" option they had back in beta.

Second thing stated there, have fun~