Anyway to change your "display name"?

gburnash

On other sites your game login and forum handle are often different beasts. I'd prefer that here as well, but if I can't do that, I'd like to be able to change it to a nickname I'm better known as and prefer to use instead of what I'm using. Anyone know if there is any way to change a display name after it's been created, or to make separate ones for the forums from the game login?

On other sites your game login and forum handle are often different beasts. I'd prefer that here as well, but if I can't do that, I'd like to be able to change it to a nickname I'm better known as and prefer to use instead of what I'm using. Anyone know if there is any way to change a display name after it's been created, or to make separate ones for the forums from the game login?

they used to be different logins for the launcher/forums, then they changed that a while back so its all one login.

and no you cannot change your forum handle afaik

Um.

Having my login handle attached to my forum handle *is* a security issue.

I can't believe they did this. What a great way to discourage forum participation though.

they dont know your password, and if they did happen to get your password, they would be required to use a one time password that would be sent to your email since it would be an unrecognizable computer logging on. so unless someone also has access to your email then its not that big of a deal.