The Legacy Alt: Play yourself as a companion!

swdrgn

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a really cool idea, especially now in 4.0. Even if it were not just for the same faction. If my jedi knight could summon my sith warrior - I'd be cool with that. The only reason is because of how the 4.0 storyline progressed and the alliance system. Further, the conversations with certain companions could become interesting - such as Talos seeing his former master up close or Qyzen finding his Herald. Hell, if multi-companion content comes out it would be really cool to have one of each class (made up of our alts - our OWN characters) tackling the issue at hand.

Since companions are effectively clones with each other, all this would be would be using the 'skin' (if that makes sense) of your other character and putting it on to the comp skeleton with the comp ability list. Should comp original abilities return or a customizable action bar (where we can select 6 or 7 abilities from all the 15+ ones available to a particular action bar), this could be ESPECIALLY interesting. Can have a few class unique abilities on a companion.

Just my 2 cents.

This (interesting) idea reminded me of something that interested me too, a lot. One piss-poor f2p called Maestia (that I couldn't tolerate more than 10 minutes) has a mercenary-system. You can rent your character to other players. Google is your friend if you want to find more about it, I don't want to link here anything concidering some other game. System has it's own rules and regulations, but I always found it to be a fascinating idea. Game itself is awful, and only reason I tried to play it was that I wanted to try the mercenary-system, I just never got that far, 10 minutes wasn't enough lol. So in a way, one company already does this. Edited by tahol