Legacy Cargo Bay

CJUK

Can you add this feature to the game? I'd like to send all my bound items to my alts since my main character doesn't need em any more. I know alot of people want this feature aswell!

Edit: I want everyone to support this idea by typing /Support

thank you

Edited by CJUK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moat likely a legacy cargo bay would work like a shared bank slot in any other game: items bound to a single character cannot be placed inside.

The whole point of binding items is so they can't be shared. It removes items from the marketplace so that the game can at least attempt to have a semblance of a supply/demand curve. If you want those items, buy new ones off the GTN. That's what those credits you earn are for.

shared bank for crafting supplies, credits and other things of that nature would be absolutely fabulous. I'm ok with being unable to transfer regular bound items, but being able to share crafting supplies and credits between various alts would make things so much more comfortable... since right now, I have to toon hop, just to check who has what and who needs what.

shared cargo bay would be great as mentioned for crafting resources, credits and even just being able to put all my crafted orange gear and mods in one place so that my alts can just grab what they need instead of having to remember which charter has them, log into to that one and mail. please please add this

I definitely want a Legacy Wide Cargo Hold, this would be in addition to each character's individual. This bay hold should have the same ability to use crafting mats as the individual and be able to buy at least 5 slots in it.

I would like to see more items BoL but not a full removal of character bound items, especially for endgame PvE and PvP gear.

Can you add this feature to the game? I'd like to send all my bound items to my alts since my main character doesn't need em any more. I know alot of people want this feature aswell!

Edit: I want everyone to support this idea by typing /Support

thank you

When I started playing again I was looking for a "legacy" bank because I expected there to be one.

So a big SUPPORT from me. I think this is a great idea and would solve a lot of annoying troubles with sorting crafting materials and such like. Make it cartel credits or whatever I don't care. I just want this feature and I am willing to pay for it.

I'd love a shared cargo bay for crafting mats and unbound items. This was one of the features I loved in GW2 (along with being able to send mats to the bank from anywhere in the world).

I'm so bored with wasting time logging on to alts just to mail mats to another alt. There should be a better way...

yes just copy gw2 like you copied wow for gameplay...no shame in grabbing ideas that work.

account wide crafting vault for crafting mats

ability to click a single button and have crafting mats pulled from inventory and sent to your crafting vault

click to auto sort inventory

and I've put this up for suggestion so many times " move the fracking toys/emotes/other "fun" items into mission inventory tab or new tab if you want to keep adding them to cartel stuff"

I would love to see a legacy bank/cargo hold too. For crafters its not going to solve the problem of logging and re-logging though if you are selling 100+ crafted items on GTN. It would be good though for having a central storage area for unbound items. I would love to seethe legacy area get a whole lot more love. Its a great concept but needs more filling!

Yes please. A legacy cargo tab alone would be awesome. Leave the bound rules as they are if you must but allow me to share mats/credits among alts.

At this point does the bound rule need to be in place in a legacy cargo hold? I get why things are bound but....

I know at the moment, I can pull all the armorings, barrels, mods and enhancements out of a bound item and, place them in legacy gear and mail them to anyone I want in my legacy as if it's unbound. My sentinel was in Columi mods the second he was 50 since I had it all waiting for him. The only thing he didn't have was set bonuses.

If they make a legacy cargo hold, I can't see keeping the bound requirement on gear since you can mail any mod you like.

The only thing bound gear mainly hinders is hilts, earpieces, implants and relics and some shell bonus early tier items. Most of the other things if you really want to you can mail to any legacy toon already.

Don't get me wrong, I can still see keeping bound things to one person especially for raiding and WZ gear but it's not like there isn't a way around most of it already.

Either way, I'd pay CC and credits for a legacy cargo hold (or even a couple since I have so many mats they take up more than one bay.)

Edited by Quraswren

At this point does the bound rule need to be in place in a legacy cargo hold? I get why things are bound but....

I know at the moment, I can pull all the armorings, barrels, mods and enhancements out of a bound item and, place them in legacy gear and mail them to anyone I want in my legacy as if it's unbound. My sentinel was in Columi mods the second he was 50 since I had it all waiting for him. The only thing he didn't have was set bonuses.

If they make a legacy cargo hold, I can't see keeping the bound requirement on gear since you can mail any mod you like.

The only thing bound gear mainly hinders is hilts, earpieces, implants and relics and some shell bonus early tier items. Most of the other things if you really want to you can mail to any legacy toon already.

Don't get me wrong, I can still see keeping bound things to one person especially for raiding and WZ gear but it's not like there isn't a way around most of it already.

Either way, I'd pay CC and credits for a legacy cargo hold (or even a couple since I have so many mats they take up more than one bay.)

We know that's what you wanted and that's exactly why we don't want it. The problem with that idea is it entourages baddies to try and squese into end game content without knowing their class. The gear grind forces most players to learn the ins and outs of their class and to min/max. just throwing gear at them immediately makes it likely that some will show up with little understanding of how their class works at 50.

Second problem with that is it encourages ninjaing loot you don't need on your main to send to alts. That's already a big enough problem with companions, this would make it exponentially worse.

Also the way it is currently done with using the legacy shells to move armorings/mods/enhancements/barrels is useful as a credit sink, one of the best things about this game are the amount of credit sinks to keep the economy inflation from growing out of control. As it is now it costs almost 23k per black hole part to move to an alt which is completely affordable yet still removes credits from the game.

But this idea gets a BIG /support and /sign from me for any unbound items and credits, I had never thought of a shared credit pool between characters but I LOVE the idea.

Edited by Nevarun