http://www.torparse.com/a/385363/25/0/Overview

8-man Olok

Beastfury - Hatred - Marauder - 5/36/5 - 2501.02

http://www.torparse.com/a/385363/time/1376627019/1376627962/0/Overview

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the process of updating the 8-man sheet and... the amount of Gunslingers/Snipers topping the charts of boss fights with a lot of adds (i'm looking at you Writhing Horror and Titan-6) due to LOLbital Strike and Flyby is getting out of hand >_<;

I'm thinking of just putting the top 5 of those classes combined for these bosses so that we can see what other classes are doing.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

Well, obviously I'm not very impartial in this matter. I don't think this is something that needs implementing yet. Yes, Writhing Horror and Titan-6 may be dominated by AoE heavy classes. However ..... other fights will be dominated by single target classes.

Why is AoE-heavy a good thing? It lets the other people focus on other things. In my raidgroup I'm designated to kill the adds alone so that we can have 1 dps on the boss 100% of the time. Effectivly I'm saving the other dps time.

Another note on this is that I know other classes too that can perform very nice. They only lack the flavor of the month benefit. The following, less desired classes should be able to get a nice dps out too:

- Vanguard dps

- Focus sentinels

- Hybrid sages

The only reason why you don't see them in the topparses is because most people are following the herd. Having loads of snipers/slingers increases the chance on having a few good ones.

Furthermore, there are other bossfights which favors some classes too.

Dreadguards: 1 Melee can keep on dps'ing during lightning field, increasing his dps because the rest needs to peeloff and scurry away to safe harbors.

The Terror: During that fight very little movement is required for melee dps. As a sentinel/marauder you basicly keep on bashing the tentacle while ranged classes need to down the incoming adds / dodge spit (not a nessesity ofc) / kill off anomalies. Its safe to say that they have massive advantage in that fight. In this case I see in the top 4 three marauders (8-man).

Operator: Ranged favoritism because most of the times it will be a melee that will channel while a ranged shoots stuff.

TLDR:

Some bosses just favor specific classes. If we limit fights for AoE, you should also think of limiting other things too.

Yesterday had another NiM try at TfB. Ashame we are still wiping horribly at the dreadguards. Anyhow, the Writhing Horror kill was quiet nice.

8-man TFB - The Withring Horror -

3937,79 dps - Macewindy - Twin Suns Squadron - Gunslinger - saboteur - 3/36//7

http://www.torparse.com/a/379994/20/0/Overview

Gearprofile: Mostly 72, missing some pieces.

Obviously this may be a bad timing, but can you plz update my dps with this parse Paowee? If you need time to evaluate the log its fine.

Some notes on this parse:

- Our raidleader tried to 'motivate' us by being angry which let to me putting out my frustration on the bossfight

- As I stated above, I'm solo'ing the adds with occassional help of a sage-dps

Updated.

==============

I'm noticing some pattern among the highest raid parses and their avg damage hits compared to other less parsing players. It looks like the people we see on the top right now are wearing, AT LEAST 12/14 Kell Dragon Gear. Just putting it out there. I'm pretty sure Invinc Operative, Noodles, et al are mostly in Full KD gear already.

It would be nice to see Jugg / Sin / Sorc raid parses here. I might even put a separate category for these guys just otherwise we will have mostly slingers/snipers/maras on some fights especially those few bosses that spawn adds or bosses that you can stack for AoE (wh, t6, thrasher, DG, CW).

These bosses you can expect madness sorcs, both DPS specs of sins, vengeance juggs, to lag behind. it would be a shame to not get representation from these classes!

Also ran with a hybrid vanguard DPS some few nights ago. i was on my still undergeared slinger and was surprised he was showing up on top of MoX. Hybrid spec'd iirc (16man).

Edited by paowee

Updated.

==============

I'm noticing some pattern among the highest raid parses and their avg damage hits compared to other less parsing players. It looks like the people we see on the top right now are wearing, AT LEAST 12/14 Kell Dragon Gear. Just putting it out there. I'm pretty sure Invinc Operative, Noodles, et al are mostly in Full KD gear already.

It would be nice to see Jugg / Sin / Sorc raid parses here. I might even put a separate category for these guys just otherwise we will have mostly slingers/snipers/maras on some fights especially those few bosses that spawn adds or bosses that you can stack for AoE (wh, t6, thrasher, DG, CW).

These bosses you can expect madness sorcs, both DPS specs of sins, vengeance juggs, to lag behind. it would be a shame to not get representation from these classes!

Also ran with a hybrid vanguard DPS some few nights ago. i was on my still undergeared slinger and was surprised he was showing up on top of MoX. Hybrid spec'd iirc (16man).

It stands to reason that this would be the case. They've got more gear and more time in on the fights to sort out their approach. That said, my Dash parse was in 2 verpine implants (one unaugmented), over-capped accuracy (due to the 2 bad implants), and only 1 piece of 75 gear in my bracers.

As to the rest, don't bother with a separate category, in my opinion. Vengeance Jugg, in particular, can push huge numbers on a fight like T6 if his group setup allows him to do so. It just doesn't happen because they fit a different role better, and there's usually a better suited class to handle adds.

Besides, there are numerous factors that go into these parses beyond class, that if you start making special tracking for the under-appreciated classes, then you might as well start making one for the guy who got doomed three times in a row, choked twice, and had to place 6 red circles.

Edited by ssfish

It stands to reason that this would be the case. They've got more gear and more time in on the fights to sort out their approach. That said, my Dash parse was in 2 verpine implants (one unaugmented), over-capped accuracy (due to the 2 bad implants), and only 1 piece of 75 gear in my bracers.

As to the rest, don't bother with a separate category, in my opinion. Vengeance Jugg, in particular, can push huge numbers on a fight like T6 if his group setup allows him to do so. It just doesn't happen because they fit a different role better, and there's usually a better suited class to handle adds.

Besides, there are numerous factors that go into these parses beyond class, that if you start making special tracking for the under-appreciated classes, then you might as well start making one for the guy who got doomed three times in a row, choked twice, and had to place 6 red circles.

That was what i was thinking as well.. If i'm going to make a separate section for the "other" DPS specs.. madness/deception sins, madness sorcs, etc.. may as well do it for all the classes. hmm...

the Top 10 limit is a bit of a "deterrent" for the other specs. If we have 10/10 Slingers/Slingers/Marauders/Sents for 60% of the boss fights... may as well turn this into a NiM Sniper/Marauder leaderboards. Don't get me wrong so far i've only made a limit for Writhing Horror, but if one more boss fight gets flooded by only one spec or one class, then i'll jump in and put a limit to the monopoly >_<;

That was what i was thinking as well.. If i'm going to make a separate section for the "other" DPS specs.. madness/deception sins, madness sorcs, etc.. may as well do it for all the classes. hmm...

the Top 10 limit is a bit of a "deterrent" for the other specs. If we have 10/10 Slingers/Slingers/Marauders/Sents for 60% of the boss fights... may as well turn this into a NiM Sniper/Marauder leaderboards. Don't get me wrong so far i've only made a limit for Writhing Horror, but if one more boss fight gets flooded by only one spec or one class, then i'll jump in and put a limit to the monopoly >_<;

If Sniper wasn't so stupid easy to succeed with, I'd gladly put the Jugg on some of these boards, but circumstances have dictated that the sniper is the better choice for us to catch up with the content. I'm getting a NiM run or two in on the Guardian lately, so I'll see what I can do with him, instead. ;)

If Sniper wasn't so stupid easy to succeed with, I'd gladly put the Jugg on some of these boards, but circumstances have dictated that the sniper is the better choice for us to catch up with the content. I'm getting a NiM run or two in on the Guardian lately, so I'll see what I can do with him, instead. ;)

The MM and Full Lethality rotations are, yes you are right, easier to succeed with compared to say Vengeance Juggs. I can't say the same for Engineering though.

While Rage is probably on the same level of "ease" as MM and Lethality. (I played some Jugg DPS back in 1.7)

Edited by paowee

(I'm sorry if this topic is considered to have been talked over sufficiently, but coudln't find time to post the last few days and I'm genuinely curious about the underlined part below)

Regarding the AoE discussion, I wonder what people actually consider useless damage. Personally I feel it's important to differentiate between "easy damage" and "useless fluff".

I'm not saying there aren't parses with too much AoE, but - as someone who sits on a fair few of these high numbered parses - there are AoE heavy parses that are high because of smart use of AoE and not because it was spammed at the expense of way too much single target dps. For instance, how could rotational AoE (Incendiary Grenade, FiB, TKW etc) ever be considered useless damage when it hits the adds as well as the boss?

Anywho, for good measure, here is a new 8-man Titan 6 parse for the leaderboard:

3867 DPS - Rhuarc - Titans - Gunslinger - Saboteur - 7/36/3

Log: http://www.torparse.com/a/385970/1/0/Damage+Dealt

For the record, the 2700+ dps on Titan 6 himself would still put it at the top if all his probes permanently malfuntioned pre-pull for everybody, so AoE haters stop hatin'. ;)

Also 8-man operator IX

2431 DPS - Rhuarc - Titans - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter - 36/3/7

Log http://www.torparse.com/a/384029/5/0/Overview

For whatever it's worth, current gear profile is one shadowed implant, shadowed earpiece, two 75 armorings, two mods, one enhancement and rest underworld except crappy relics; still using Conqueror SA and War Hero static power. Tried sacrficing all kinds of stuff to the rng gods but nothing seems to help my rolls; cows, sheep, virgins, birds: you name it. Any advice anyone? :(

Edit: Can't remember my gear profile for each individual kill and it's also bound to change, so perhaps it's best to leave out for now. The exact profile is also prolly something of a mouthful to fit in under the parses.

Edited by diadox

8man TFB

2236.68 - Wild-berry - Republic Gentlemen - Shadow - Infiltration - 5/36/5

Log Link : http://www.torparse.com/a/386563/42/0/Damage+Dealt

No Void Disturbance, and I kill anomalies in phase 2

I went in and edited out all of my enter and exit combat lines in my log file from when I stealth out. Also since the torparse crop tool was being buggy I went ahead and cut the dying animation out as well.

(I'm sorry if this topic is considered to have been talked over sufficiently, but coudln't find time to post the last few days and I'm genuinely curious about the underlined part below)

Regarding the AoE discussion, I wonder what people actually consider useless damage. Personally I feel it's important to differentiate between "easy damage" and "useless fluff".

I'm not saying there aren't parses with too much AoE, but - as someone who sits on a fair few of these high numbered parses - there are AoE heavy parses that are high because of smart use of AoE and not because it was spammed at the expense of way too much single target dps. For instance, how could rotational AoE (Incendiary Grenade, FiB, TKW etc) ever be considered useless damage when it hits the adds as well as the boss?

Anywho, for good measure, here is a new 8-man Titan 6 parse for the leaderboard:

3867 DPS - Rhuarc - Titans - Gunslinger - Saboteur - 7/36/3

Log: http://www.torparse.com/a/385970/1/0/Damage+Dealt

For the record, the 2700+ dps on Titan 6 himself would still put it at the top if all his probes permanently malfuntioned pre-pull for everybody, so AoE haters stop hatin'. ;)

Also 8-man operator IX

2431 DPS - Rhuarc - Titans - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter - 36/3/7

Log http://www.torparse.com/a/384029/5/0/Overview

For whatever it's worth, current gear profile is one shadowed implant, shadowed earpiece, two 75 armorings, two mods, one enhancement and rest underworld except crappy relics; still using Conqueror SA and War Hero static power. Tried sacrficing all kinds of stuff to the rng gods but nothing seems to help my rolls; cows, sheep, virgins, birds: you name it. Any advice anyone? :(

Edit: Can't remember my gear profile for each individual kill and it's also bound to change, so perhaps it's best to leave out for now. The exact profile is also prolly something of a mouthful to fit in under the parses.

Curious, your group composition what is it? Also does your raid let the adds soak up all your aoe? that could probably account for the huge DPS margin you have. what i can see is that each titan probe "phase"

1) the tank taunts em and puts em underneath the boss -> ideal

2) incendiary grenade on the ground

3) flyby ticks at least 2-3 times

4) roll - reset - roll (if applicable)

(adds are usually dead by or before the 3rd tick, but after the 2nd)

pretty standard aoe rotation. your flyby ticks really hard for i can see a 7872 crit tick right there! tasty. lol

Edited by paowee

Curious, your group composition what is it? Also does your raid let the adds soak up all your aoe? that could probably account for the huge DPS margin you have. what i can see is that each titan probe "phase"

1) the tank taunts em and puts em underneath the boss -> ideal

2) incendiary grenade on the ground

3) flyby ticks at least 2-3 times

4) roll - reset - roll (if applicable)

(adds are usually dead by or before the 3rd tick, but after the 2nd)

pretty standard aoe rotation. your flyby ticks really hard for i can see a 7872 crit tick right there! tasty. lol

For that kill there were me, a full dirty fighting gunslinger, a watchman sentinel and a sage (full balance I believe, possibly hybrid). And yes, after launch we all stack up behind the boss, so unless somebody is arriving late to the aoe fest all of the adds go down pretty fast).

Edited by diadox

Gear profile is full augmented 72s. The only Kell Dragon piece I have is the Cerulean Nova relic which I only used on the Dread Guard kill.

The Writhing Horror 8-Man NiM

3121.95 DPS - Gomerik - The Ex-Dalborran Elitists - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter - 36/3/7

http://www.torparse.com/a/386814/time/1376650209/1376650499/0/Overview

For this fight I trimmed the ending (~30 seconds) since combat persisted despite the boss dying. This can be verified since the total damage (906,131) is the same in the full log for this fight.

Dread Guards 8-Man NiM

2431 DPS - Gomerik - The Ex-Dalborran Elitists - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter - 36/3/7

http://www.torparse.com/a/386814/16/0/Damage+Dealt

Operator IX 8-Man NiM

2147.52 DPS - Gomerik - The Ex-Dalborran Elitists - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter - 36/3/7

http://www.torparse.com/a/386814/time/1376656408/1376656927/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited the log to start when the blue button was clicked, taking 48 seconds off the beginning. If this isn't considered valid I can provide the entire log but this will lower my DPS since the recognizers don't appear on my screen until the third one spawns.

Edited by SamuelAU