pvp heals min/maxing

dustintkurucar

hey all, new to merc healing pvp(I know there lowest on the totem poll right now) but I need to start min/maxing. can't find any posts on it and I know how unreliable noxxic is so i was wondering if any good merc vets could put me in the right direction for min/maxing my bodyguard merc for pvp. i love this class will play it regardless if its on top or bottom...

I really like your enthusiasm! I do not play that much as a healer on my mercenary in PvP, but it happens from time to time. Therefore, I will not say I am any expert, but I know that SpaniardInfinity have made a very detailed guide for our counterparts on the republic side:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=462351

It can seem a bit long, but I think it is a very good read. I hope it is useful for you 

Good Hunting! NeNiMel

PS. You can find the most common merc/commando translations in the appendix in my guide.

I've leveled a merc as a healer from 1 all the way to 55. I don't know about the best min/max gear out there. I just got all the Medic PvP set, and augmented my gear with main stat.

As for the spec, I couldn't find an updated 2.6 calculator to link my build. But basically in bodyguard I picked all of the talents except protective field, peacekeeper, and kolto jets. In arsenal I chose mandalorian iron warheads, ironsights, and upgraded arsenal. As for pyrotech i chose system calibrations. 36/8/2. Of course you could switch some points around for some AOE heal. But i found this to be a nice build.

before 2.6 i was stacking power + surge in every enhancement slots with some +49 power mods and some +49 crit mods which brought me around 24% crit and 25% surge. but since 2.6 launched i have replaced some of the enhancements with power + alacrity to reduce the gcd so i can get rapid shots, kolto missiles and kolto shells out quicker. Im liking the update because i am casting a lot less and find it easier to break a million. my alacrity is around ~340 but because of this my surge is pretty low at 68%. im still experimenting around with mods and enhancements though, but i am certain that alacrity is worth it.