How Bolster works on 55 lvl and how min/max it

TonyDragonflame

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolster at 55 needs to be removed period.

PVE crap and using 63 pve mods n imp/ear make the conq/part pointless to buy.

What is the point of allowing bolster expertise to someone with no pvp gear. Just yesterday we tested this went in with our full 69's maybe 120 expertise and absolutely destroyed the other team. they just could not kill us with all of us being 32k+ hp all 4 of us top of the board at the end. then we went in next with full Partisan and well let me just say it was ugly and very frustrating getting 3 shot and unable to kill pve geard healers

Bolster does not belong in 55 PERIOD

earn your gear like everyone else. it has nothing to do with skill it's who has more pve geard tanks/healers wins

Maybe 120 expertise what, lost from 2016? IF that's true that it's a problem which should lead bolster adjustment, could anyone confirm? Other than that, I see no problem with bolster.

What is the point of allowing bolster expertise to someone with no pvp gear. Just yesterday we tested this went in with our full 69's maybe 120 expertise and absolutely destroyed the other team. they just could not kill us with all of us being 32k+ hp all 4 of us top of the board at the end. then we went in next with full Partisan and well let me just say it was ugly and very frustrating getting 3 shot and unable to kill pve geard healers

Was that a rated match?

The weapon/OH hand is just weird. If you do get 1012 force power for any OH/MH, then crafted 152 rating OH would actually be better simply because the force power is the same anyway. You lose like 2 expertise rating, but your crystal is going to be 41 power instead of 41 expertise, and that should make up for the loss of stat elsewhere. I don't really know what's going on with the OH/MH case, but I'd say getting a Partisan or a crafted 148-152 is a pretty safe bet.

I inspected some guy with 32K HP in a mix of UW/Black Market that's augged and he had 1400 expertise. This is basically -18%, so scale this back you get 32K * (1.42/1.6) = 28400 HP. Full Partisan is around 26K HP, and add 2800 HP for augment (14 slots * 20 endurance) and you get around 29K HP. So, Partisan is still superior to this mix even on a simple HP basis, not to mention it's actually significantly better because any heals are more effective on a person with more mitigation (heal numbers are constant).

So if you have a orange set with augment you should put Partisan in. I actually like the look for for the Conqueror set but that's just a matter of taste.

I got my hands on more pieces of gear to try and for a piece of BM the expertise loss varies between 40-50 over Partisan. I have some gear that has mixed PvE stuff, like 66 mod 69 enhancement 69 armoring for example, and the expertise lost is slightly less than a piece that's just level 69 across the board, so it looks like Bolster accounts for mixed level components. People need to stop lying about having 'good' expertise while wearing this stuff. 1400 expertise is nowhere near good enough. You're siting at a 42% mod which means someone with partisan does 18% more tooltip damage than you. Those are the guys who are getting Shock for 4K from a tank spec guy and Mauled for 10K by a Deception Assassin.

Was that a rated match?

4 of us in a rated match? seriously????? wake up

the only reason I had 120 expertise was the old EWH relics...

Bottom line just today even pugin zones 3 of us this time pubs had 3 healers all over 32k hp(not possible in partisan full conq/aug'd maybe... 2 tanks both over 38k hp I'm running full partisan 2018 exp as a sniper could not get any of them below half forever. I also noticed they were not doing much dps so it became a battle of attrition.

even tho we won the game 6 of them had 0 death 2 healers over 1.5 mil heals their team, didn't even look at the insane protection on the tanks.

survivability is awesome since 2.0 *** is the point going for pvp gear when all you wanna be pvp'rs exploit everything ya can with pulled enhancements pve mods and ear/implants???? then ya call it skill based when clearly its not.

and mysterious are the bolster's ways...

"3. NEVER USE PvP and PvE gear in one set in general

You need or full PvP Armor gear, or full PvE Armor gear. If you will have, for example, PvE chest but PvP legs, you lose expertise. "

if this is true, what's the catch of buying pvp gear 1 by 1, regarding the cap of 2750, and then keeping them in your inventory for weeks or ... months

1. Get purple crafted 53/54 lvl earpiece and implants

2. Get Partisan and Conqueror relics for Power proc if you are dps or healer and Partisan + Conqueror relics for shield if you are tank

so i am over at this part of your guide. im confused by #3. do i continue to wear full PVE gear and and keep my pvp gear on my inventory until i can "min-max" and replace the pve gear in one go?

3. Get full min/max Conqueror armor

4. Get 72 grade hilt/barrel for mainhand/offhand

5. Profit

Edited by paowee

Ok read the last few posts...

i was wearing full pve gear on my sorc with pvp relics and was getting hit for a lot (9k smash Q_Q) 7K execute. do these guys wear pve gear then (63 mods) and get "bolstered" up by the bolster mechanic? >_<

Great, guide, thanks. It's a real relief to know that I can gear up my alts at a calm pace without suffering through the obligatory "freshman week".

level 55 "freshman" ? if you like pvp you would start early, in which way is this guide helpful, since there is no pvp gear for warzones pre 55?

1. Get purple crafted 53/54 lvl earpiece and implants

2. Get Partisan and Conqueror relics for Power proc if you are dps or healer and Partisan + Conqueror relics for shield if you are tank

so i am over at this part of your guide. im confused by #3. do i continue to wear full PVE gear and and keep my pvp gear on my inventory until i can "min-max" and replace the pve gear in one go?

3. Get full min/max Conqueror armor

4. Get 72 grade hilt/barrel for mainhand/offhand

5. Profit

I'm confused of number 5, this leads me to an idea: we should be asking bioware to sell some "coat-hangers" and place the 72 grade hilt on the pvp vendor table

The weapon/OH hand is just weird. If you do get 1012 force power for any OH/MH, then crafted 152 rating OH would actually be better simply because the force power is the same anyway. You lose like 2 expertise rating, but your crystal is going to be 41 power instead of 41 expertise, and that should make up for the loss of stat elsewhere. I don't really know what's going on with the OH/MH case, but I'd say getting a Partisan or a crafted 148-152 is a pretty safe bet.

I inspected some guy with 32K HP in a mix of UW/Black Market that's augged and he had 1400 expertise. This is basically -18%, so scale this back you get 32K * (1.42/1.6) = 28400 HP. Full Partisan is around 26K HP, and add 2800 HP for augment (14 slots * 20 endurance) and you get around 29K HP. So, Partisan is still superior to this mix even on a simple HP basis, not to mention it's actually significantly better because any heals are more effective on a person with more mitigation (heal numbers are constant).

So if you have a orange set with augment you should put Partisan in. I actually like the look for for the Conqueror set but that's just a matter of taste.

Do you mean that a moddable OH crystal may be switched to power or MH.

can any dev post here and confirm any of these? I still do not know why my health pool goes up and down in same gear.

or can someone make a more useful guide, for a wet T-shirt contest or something, until they fix and tune all the gear?

4 of us in a rated match? seriously????? wake up

the only reason I had 120 expertise was the old EWH relics...

Bottom line just today even pugin zones 3 of us this time pubs had 3 healers all over 32k hp(not possible in partisan full conq/aug'd maybe... 2 tanks both over 38k hp I'm running full partisan 2018 exp as a sniper could not get any of them below half forever. I also noticed they were not doing much dps so it became a battle of attrition.

even tho we won the game 6 of them had 0 death 2 healers over 1.5 mil heals their team, didn't even look at the insane protection on the tanks.

survivability is awesome since 2.0 *** is the point going for pvp gear when all you wanna be pvp'rs exploit everything ya can with pulled enhancements pve mods and ear/implants???? then ya call it skill based when clearly its not.

I knew it wasn't a rated match. My point was that you didn't destroy your opponents because of your PVE gear. You did because they were bad. Min/max partisan or conqueror gear is be better than wearing greens. Even if the bolster have bugs, you still want to farm your pvp gear. It will get fixed eventually.

As for your post, well maybe those 2 healers were using the augment glitch exploit (a big MAYBE) but not the 2 tanks. Stop being overdramatic: you're not supposed to kill tanks even if you're a sniper if their healers are alive. Sorry but they knew what they were doing :) Welcome to 2.0 PVP!

Edited by Darkshadz

So I have a question for those who understand Bolster (if it's possible). I have a Scoundrel Healer. I have Conq Main/off/leggings/implants, Partisan Belt/Bracers/ear piece, and conq/partisan power proc relics. Now here is what I curious about, I'm using 2 pieces EWH for the set bonus of 15% and I also (hating it the whole time as group PVE is kinda like water boarding) ran some ops to get 2 pieces Arkianan gear for the set bonus (should have been playing the lottery got them after 2 ops). NE way They seem to stack for a 30% increase to my kolto cloud. With my current load out I sit at 1905 expertise with bolster in WZ. Am I right to think the few thousand increase on my AOE Heal is worth the Expertise/armor rating(EWH) sacrifice atleast until the next tier comes out?

Do you mean that a moddable OH crystal may be switched to power or MH.

Either is fine. Here's the thing, if everything gets boosted to 1012 Force Power, then obviously the rating of the weapon do not matter.

A crafted 152 OH (no such MH exists I believe, it's either 156 or 148) still has 4 components. A rating 154 Conqueror OH has 2 higher rating than it so it'll have slightly more endurance/mainstat/etc, but the Conqueror OH has its crystal devoted to expertise. The crafted OH does not have an expertise crystal (since Bolster takes care of it). It'll still have something like 2 less Expertise due to Bolster (because it's worse than Conqueror), but gettng an extra 41 power ought to make up the rest of the stats. In this case, you don't need the 41 expertise from OH on the crafted item, because Bolster already takes care of it!

It's trickier with MH because no 152 rating MH exists. It'd either be 148 (blue 66) or 156 (purple 66). Now you're looking at either a bigger stat deficit or an expertise deficit.

So I have a question for those who understand Bolster (if it's possible). I have a Scoundrel Healer. I have Conq Main/off/leggings/implants, Partisan Belt/Bracers/ear piece, and conq/partisan power proc relics. Now here is what I curious about, I'm using 2 pieces EWH for the set bonus of 15% and I also (hating it the whole time as group PVE is kinda like water boarding) ran some ops to get 2 pieces Arkianan gear for the set bonus (should have been playing the lottery got them after 2 ops). NE way They seem to stack for a 30% increase to my kolto cloud. With my current load out I sit at 1905 expertise with bolster in WZ. Am I right to think the few thousand increase on my AOE Heal is worth the Expertise/armor rating(EWH) sacrifice atleast until the next tier comes out?

Set bonus is the one part where you can break away from the Expertise. 100 expertise is basically 3% mod, so if the set bonus does something that's worth taking an extra 3% damgae, there's no reason not to go for it. I don't know if you can ever compute exactly what's the value of a set bonus like that, but I certainly can see why some people would value that over a 3% mod.

I have a pretty good understanding of everything mentioned here, although people have said this makes this system good. I think it is all BS. So I have to read and understand a tricky way for making my gear bolster better? Sounds like a bunch of crap. It is just so people that don't pvp don't have to get the gear, and they can get more people to pay to play. Why even have pvp gear in the first place then? At which point is it just better to not wear a piece in that slot? Just because people know how to get around the system doesn't mean the system isn't complete crap. IMHO. I think Ranked at least shouldn't be bolstered at all. You shouldn't be doing ranked if you don't have the gear in the first place.

My purpose was just help for all players who start playing on 55 lvl warzones dont make silly mistakes.

Indeed, start playing in old good min/max EWH gear (or crafted 53-54 levels 66 grade blue/purples min/max ) with new pvp relics -> playing in it until you grind full min/max Partisan gear (there is 5-7% difference) -> slowly grind min/max Conqueror (yet +5-7% difference).

Summary, gear gap between min/max 66 grade blue/purple crafted pve gear and min/max Conqueror now around 10-15%, what is much better than gear gap in old days between stock Recruit (or pure pve gear with zero expertise) and min/max EWH, what was 30-40%.

Please, augument all your gear before you start playing on wz with blue/purple 55 lvl augments- it makes else +5-7% difference.

Min/maxing also add +15-20% difference between stock and min/maxing versions. Always remember about it when you will be craft for yourself 66 grade blue/purple pve "wz beginner" gear.

I hope, my and other mates investigations in this thread help you will be competitive in pvp and have fun of playing with current bolster system ever when you start on 55 lvl! :o

Edited by TonyDragonflame

• 3 weeks later...
Since I want my 2 pc PvE should I have 72 amrs and rest exp mods, full PvE or 63 arms and exp mods?

Also power or exp crystal?

Do not use any 72 gear.

You need all 66 blue pve gear + purple 54 lvl crafted implants, earpiece and offhand (focus, generator, shield, shotgun, knife). And 2 pvp relics. Thats all for start grind Partisan/Conqueror.

When you get full min/max Partisan, you can finally change gear from blues 66, but left purples ear, implants and offhand until you get Conqueror ones.

You never must down your expertise less than 1900-1875.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Since I want my 2 pc PvE should I have 72 amrs and rest exp mods, full PvE or 63 arms and exp mods?

Also power or exp crystal?

I you have a pve weapon, use a power crystal. If you have a partisan/conqueror weapon, use an expertise crystal.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I wanted to comment on the relics that are recommended by some. Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Some people recommend/use the Serendipitous Assault power proc relics, one Partisan and one Conqueror. But I'm pretty sure they do not stack, as their tooltip explicitly states "Does not stack with other Serendipitous Assault effects". Do tell me if I'm wrong.