Ugly Vibroswords

BlueArab

This has probably been brought up before, but does anyone else think that the majority of the vibroswords in this game are really ugly, and furthermore, look absolutely harmless, almost like stun batons.

In the KotoR games, there were some really elegant looking swords available, that gave off an ancient and powerful look. I understand that most of the time, bigger is better, and I don't mind some of those insanely big swords swinging around - but it would be nice to have a good looking, semi-realistic blade. Maybe something that has leather/vinyl wrapping around the handle, and maybe a few loose pieces hanging off, and a thin, but slightly curved, metallic blade.

This has probably been brought up before, but does anyone else think that the majority of the vibroswords in this game are really ugly, and furthermore, look absolutely harmless, almost like stun batons.

In the KotoR games, there were some really elegant looking swords available, that gave off an ancient and powerful look. I understand that most of the time, bigger is better, and I don't mind some of those insanely big swords swinging around - but it would be nice to have a good looking, semi-realistic blade. Maybe something that has leather/vinyl wrapping around the handle, and maybe a few loose pieces hanging off, and a thin, but slightly curved, metallic blade.

I have to agree with this...I don't mind a few huge blades around the place for diversity but right now, almost all of the decent vibroswords look really oversized and they also look very manga / Final Fantasy 7 imo.

Would be nice to have a few sleeker, more traditional looking vibro swords to give some variety.

The new Cathar sword seems more based on the Sith swords that were used prior to light sabers becoming prevalent and that style is a step in the right direction imo :)

Driz

The Bulwark was a nice sword. Still not what I'm thinking of in my head, but something I would much rather use compared to what is currently available.

In my mind, I'm picturing something that an ancient Sith Lord would use, or of course a Jedi Master.

There are steampunk swords, wooden training sticks, and giant meat cleavers. The Cathar sword looks nice but it's still a bit extravagant.

I too have a desire for a simple yet elegant metal bladed weapon. That said, I don't think you'd normally see swords going up against lightsabers. It's usually swords v swords or lightsabers v lightsabers.

My Jugg tank still uses the Bullwark (dropped in Koan at some point but not any more). I still think it is one of the best looking ones out there.

You have the cathar honor sword now on the CM, but I don't like the looks personally, its too jedi. I'm hoping that there will be a few more 'dark side' swords in the future.

I would love a nice elegant sword, I've been putting together the handmaidens outfit for one of my jedi sentinels, I would love a thin, slightly curved blade for her, the big gigantic swords don't really look good on a tiny body type one, and a baton just looks silly.

• Dev Post

This is totally just my personal opinion but I love our vibroswords! Interestingly, two of my 50's are a Juggernaut and a Marauder and I only use vibroswords on them. I actually collect them! Here are some of my favorites:

• Custom Built Vibrosword
  • Cathar Honor Sword
  • MD-5 Shock Viper Vibroblade
  • S-2 Rescue Vibroblade

Check em out! :rak_03:

-eric

This is totally just my personal opinion but I love our vibroswords! Interestingly, two of my 50's are a Juggernaut and a Marauder and I only use vibroswords on them. I actually collect them! Here are some of my favorites:

• Cathar Honor Sword
  • S-2 Rescue Vibroblade

-eric

Have you seen how stupidly oversized the Cathar Honour sword looks when duel wielded as a Marauder? Given Lightsabers are one of the massive things that make Star Wars, wouldn't Vibroswords better suit a WOW player?

• Cathar Honor Sword
  • S-2 Rescue Vibroblade

-eric

Gaffi sticks need love too

• Cathar Honor Sword
  • S-2 Rescue Vibroblade

-eric

I'm confused. Don't many of your abilities become unusable when you use anything other than a lightsaber?

:cool:

• Cathar Honor Sword
  • S-2 Rescue Vibroblade

-eric

Until the Cathar Honor Sword released, the S-2 was my favorite.

Eliminator’s Dual-Edge Vibrosword is more of a niche look I think, but I have to say that it is the weapon of choice for my red skinned Zabrek Juggernaut. Dressed in Fancy top and bottoms, covert feet, and Recon gloves... the Dual-Edge is perfect for her.

• Cathar Honor Sword
  • S-2 Rescue Vibroblade

-eric

I too love Vibroswords. I'm very partial to the model used by the Paramount Military Legend's Vibroblade.

The good thing about liking this model is that you can purchase a fully moddable vibrosword that uses this model on either faction's Capital world from the Weapon's Vendor: the Ceremonial Vibrosword. The sad part is that this vibrosword does not appear when sheathed on the back: it will simply disappear. As a matter of fact, *ALL* the vendor bought moddable vibroswords suffer from this problem (the non-moddable vibroswords appear fine). I've sent in bug reports for all the vibroswords I've found with this issue, but to date *all* the vendor bought moddable vibroswords still disappear when sheathed. :(

The only Vibrosword with this model that doesn't suffer from this "disappearing when sheathed" problem is the "Paramount Military Legend's Vibroblade" that requires level 43 to use. Until then, I use the "Custom-built Vibrosword" ;).

I'm confused. Don't many of your abilities become unusable when you use anything other than a lightsaber?

Incorrect. Even dual wielders... where it says requires two lightsabers... works fine with two vibroswords (the tool tip needs to be updated to say "requires dual wielded weapons").

I think electrostaffs are the only weapon that is currently penalized for using as a secondary weapon choice.. but it's supposed to be fixed by 2.0 if I recall correctly.

Cortosis, phrik and mandalorian iron all resist lightsabers.

This instantly makes vibroswords Canon in this time frame.

That said, i love the axe on my Juggy and i'd like to see more "Simple" vibroswords, things resembling a Katana for example.

Incorrect. Even dual wielders... where it says requires two lightsabers... works fine with two vibroswords (the tool tip needs to be updated to say "requires dual wielded weapons").

I think electrostaffs are the only weapon that is currently penalized for using as a secondary weapon choice.. but it's supposed to be fixed by 2.0 if I recall correctly.

Correction it should say "Requires duel wielded melee weapons" Pretty sure dual pistols wouldn't cut it.

This is totally just my personal opinion but I love our vibroswords!

What was with the design decision to turn "swords" into "pipes with glowing yellow lights strapped on"? I'll acknowledge that there are sword-looking vibroswords, yes. But you have to actively go out of your way looking for those. Yet in KotOR, which the game's era is largely based on, ALL vibroswords looked like swords. Here you can count on one hand the number of times an NPC will run at you with a sword that isn't actually a club.

What was with the design decision to turn "swords" into "pipes with glowing yellow lights strapped on"? I'll acknowledge that there are sword-looking vibroswords, yes. But you have to actively go out of your way looking for those. Yet in KotOR, which the game's era is largely based on, ALL vibroswords looked like swords. Here you can count on one hand the number of times an NPC will run at you with a sword that isn't actually a club.

I'd rather know what was with the design decision to add a bunch of giant manga-style swords that are thicker than AT-AT armor.

• Cathar Honor Sword
  • S-2 Rescue Vibroblade

-eric

You forgot THE CHOPPER, Eric.