Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

silvershadows

I'm glad people are still having fun discussing this subject.

The only thing I find ironic about the original post is that it does not contain mention of how the O.P. was so mad at being killed repeatedly by the Silent Council on Illum that when she was doing a pugged Xeno Analyst boss fight one of the SC members invited to the ops group was advised by a member of her own guild that they better drop the SC tag just to avoid the drama that would be created if they wore it.

The only reason I bothered to take the time to make this post is because I know for a fact that the O.P. didn't like it when the shoe was on the other foot. I seriously considered not saying anything but the degree to which they are promoting their actions on Illum in combination with their response to suffering the same sort of treatment makes the initial post seem extremely hypocritical.

If you are going to glorify being a "blackhat" and post screenshots of you making lots of people mad by ganking them in a PvP zone, perhaps you might want to rethink your anger at my guild for doing the same to you in response to your "blackhat" status.

Personally, I thought this event was lots of fun and was a great success. What most people don't realize is that even though I spent most of my time guarding lines and protecting people against gankers, the reason I chose to do that is because I love PvP and all the self-proclaimed pvp elite of the server had chosen to farm under geared RP and PvE players instead of fighting each other. By declaring war against the "blackhats" I was just making sure that we got a real challenge fighting the pvp'ers of the server.

My only regret about the event was that once an organized force like the Silent Council showed up to defend people, most of the blackhats seemed to mysteriously disappear and pick another instance to do their business on.

Apparently they weren't fond of being killed repeatedly either.

Anyway, I've said what I came here to say and probably made some enemies in doing so by exposing the fact that even the "blackhats" didn't like being farmed on Illum anymore than the "carebears"... so I'll take my leave of this thread and depart by saying this...

"Dear OP, I'm glad you had so much fun killing people during this event! The Silent Council gets lots of pleasure killing people like you and we'll be waiting for the opportunity to do so again in the near future."

:D

See you on Illum!

Edited by DarthPanopticus

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mort, you just quoted yourself ftw.

My favorite line was Splitbolt "ganna slap that thong right outa u", can we perhaps make that into a song or a poem at least?

auto tune.. lol

Yea. I like quoting myself. Im really that big a douche IRL. lol just ask Infidel. hahahahahah

I'm glad people are still having fun discussing this subject.

The only thing I find ironic about the original post is that it does not contain mention of how the O.P. was so mad at being killed repeatedly by the Silent Council on Illum that when she was doing a pugged Xeno Analyst boss fight one of the SC members invited to the ops group was advised by a member of her own guild that they better drop the SC tag just to avoid the the drama that would be created if they wore it.

This is so incorrect that I don't even know where to begin.

I was never annoyed at being killed, not once, not ever. Get your story straight before coming here and calling me a hypocrite.

What annoyed me was when Chaance (a guildie of mine) was killed within the first five minutes of his logging on (first time in a month) because of something *I* supposedly did (which I wasn't doing).

I couldn't have cared less about ME being killed, but when my guildie is jumped because of something I supposedly did that I wasn't even doing, then we have a problem.

So no, you don't know anything for a fact. And whoever told your guildie to drop the SC tag was silly, its not like I wasn't aware thats what guild they were from seeing as how you know, I'm not an idiot.

To further explain what I am saying:

I got killed, no big deal. Ragnak got killed, no big deal.

Your guildmates kill someone who had absolutely nothing to do with what Ragnak and I were doing, while claiming that the reason they killed him was that Ragnak and I were "extorting credits" from people when we were not - we have an issue. Especially when said person was killed within his first few minutes of logging into the game for the first time in a month AND there were multiple people telling your guildmates that we were not, in fact, extorting credits.

And the funny thing is, Ragnak and I had been letting SC members go by all day without killing them because we were asked to be nice.

So, to reiterate - not annoyed about ME being killed. I was annoyed about your guildies killing my friend for something *I* did that I wasn't even doing. If you have a problem with me, you come direct your issues to me, not to a completely innocent bystander.

Got it now?

Edited by silvershadows

Mort, you just quoted yourself ftw.

My favorite line was Splitbolt "ganna slap that thong right outa u", can we perhaps make that into a song or a poem at least?

Yeah I like that one too, but I'm still waiting for it to happen.

That other guy never came back with peeps, either. :(

if i know chaance, he'll get his own back. many a morning on ilum spent living in fear of him and chyren

He would have but he had wife/child aggro and had to log... and hasn't been able to log back in since.

So basically his only gaming experience in the past month was to log in and immediately be gang murdered by six SC members for something they thought I was doing that he had nothing whatsoever to do with.

THATS what pisses me off. I couldn't care less about myself being killed, that's what happens when you run rampant in a pvp zone. The whole thing pissed Ragnak off too. Mess with us, no big deal. Mess with our friends... and we're gonna have issues.

Edited by silvershadows

This is so incorrect that I don't even know where to begin.

Your guildmates kill someone who had absolutely nothing to do with what Ragnak and I were doing, while claiming that the reason they killed him was that Ragnak and I were "extorting credits" from people when we were not - we have an issue.

Let's see....after claiming Illum for your guild Project Mayhem - you said this, "if you pay us the proper tribute you may be able to turn in your orbs."

Since that is a direct quote taken from your lovely collage that quite clearly mentions paying tribute to Project mayhem, I find it quite hilarious that you are in this thread claiming that you did no such thing.

Thank you for providing the screenshot evidence to back up the reason why your guild was put on the KoS list.

:D

I'm aware that you clarified your "true" intent in this thread and that that was make people "beg or whatever" but as you must realize, the actions of one guild member affect all the others and to be mad that your guild member was killed in a PvP zone after you tried extort tribute from people on Illum is just plain silly.

When you then created a thread to celebrate how awesome it was that you killed lots of other people in said pvp zone - but are still mad that someone you know got killed - now THAT is pretty hypocritical.

"OH NOES! MY GUILDMEMBER WAS KILLED IN A PVP AREA AFTER I TROLLED THE SERVER AND DEMANDED TRIBUTE IN THE NAME OF MY GUILD!"

See how stupid that sounds?

I have to admit, even the server forums are more fun because of this event.

Edited by DarthPanopticus

Actually, I clarified the tribute thing in general chat on Ilum that day as well by saying come /love me or blow me kisses. You can even see me say "I didn't say pay me credits" in the collage, if you want to you know, use that as your 'evidence.' It isn't my fault that you consider wanting people to come emote me with /love and /kisses to be extortion. /giggle

the actions of one guild member affect all the others

So very very true. Which is why, after Ragnak and I spent the entire day purposely not killing SC members, allowing them to turn in their orbs, because we were asked not to and then watched a guildie get killed because of something we supposedly did, we decided that it made you all a bunch of complete tools. ;)

Thank you for confirming it, though we had a pretty good idea of the truth when six SC members decided they had to get together to take down two of us, then the same six jump our solo guildie while claiming its because of something Ragnak and I did.

If you can't understand the annoyance factor of having left an entire guild alone for a whole day only to have them turn around and act like 8 year olds, that isn't my problem, that's completely on you. I say if you have an issue with *me* you come and talk to *me*, you don't take it out on an innocent bystander who wasn't even involved. If they had just killed Chaance to kill him, that would have been one thing. But killing someone and then claiming it's because of something I did (thus inferring you would not have killed him otherwise) is where I draw the line.

By contrast, Ragnak and I jumped everything and anything that had a red name - without care or regard for who or how many there were EXCEPT that we were leaving Silent Council members alone after someone asked us to not kill SC members.

You want to say PM is on your "kos" list, go right on ahead - cause SC was already on mine, I just left people alone because I was politely asked to do so. I won't extend that courtesy ever again - doesn't bother me one whit, the only reaction you're getting out of me is laughter. Please, hate me. I am, after all, a Sith. Well, and a Mandalorian.

And as my fellow Mando boys would say -

Naasad'guur mhi – Mhi n'ulu

No one likes us - we don't care.

Edited by silvershadows

Isn't the reason you leave Silent Council alone because they have over 9000 members and could really mess up your day? Pano is right in this regard as well, it was never about killing flagged players; like the whole event, it was about cherry picking who you wanted to attack then retreating into another instance when you couldn't stand the heat. (using the royal "you" not singling you out per se).

You want to say PM is on your "kos" list, go right on ahead - cause SC was already on mine, I just left people alone because I was politely asked to do so. I won't extend that courtesy ever again - doesn't bother me one whit, the only reaction you're getting out of me is laughter. Please, hate me. I am, after all, a Sith.

Yay! Not that we needed it, but I'm quite glad you've given us permission to do so because that's what being Sith and in a pvp zone is all about!

I would like to clarify one point though, you put yourself on the KoS list by your actions on Illum. The "evidence" i was referring to was the fact that you were posting up in general that you were demanding tribute. That alone was cause enough for the events that followed. Since we'd already declared war on any guild who was on Illum that chose to get their jollies out of ganking people who just wanted to do a quest, it was only natural that your people got killed as a result of your actions.

As for being politely asked to leave us alone, well that certainly didn't come from me. I explained to my guild members what the ramifications of our declaration of war would be and fully expected SC to be KoS by pvp'ers because of it.

You certainly didn't do us any favors by letting people do their quest. If SC members needed to do their quest, they had an army at their disposal to back them up when they wanted to do so - as you found out.

Also, your claim to be leaving SC members alone is not as true of a statement as you'd like it to be, because I can quite clearly see from your screenshot that you killed at least one of our members during your attempted Illum conquest.

It's funny how you glorify being a "blackhat" but then when there's a direct retaliation to your choice to do that and someone calls you out for being hypocritical about being mad over someone in your guild being attacked in a pvp zone - you get all heated and start trying to justify your actions while at the same time begin to call people names for standing up to you. Either accept the role of blackhat and all that comes with it, or just give it a rest already.

I've said my piece.

You've made it clear that you are enraged that someone you know got killed in a pvp zone in a thread that you created to highlight how "awesome" you are for making people mad by killing them on Illum.

Since it's clear you have a definite case of "must have the last say-itis," I'll let you respond to this post and be done with the whole thing.

Have a nice day!

Isn't the reason you leave Silent Council alone because they have over 9000 members and could really mess up your day? Pano is right in this regard as well, it was never about killing flagged players; like the whole event, it was about cherry picking who you wanted to attack then retreating into another instance when you couldn't stand the heat. (using the royal "you" not singling you out per se).

No, we really don't care how many people a guild has, just like we didnt care how many people were grouped together/standing around together in mid. We jumped into groups of 7 or 8 just as often as we did into groups of 2 or 3.

We also never switched instances to get away from people, if the heat was too high in mid, we'd ride the outskirts until it calmed down. Keep in mind that during the entire event, PM had at the *most* three people grouped together/on at the same time and typically it was just Ragnak and I either on marauder/juggernaut or marauder/sorc, occasionally joined by CoolstoryDiscoinferno on his marauder/powertech.

I'm aware that a lot of people out there WERE cherry picking and killing weaker players only. That isn't what we were doing. If you were flagged, we jumped you, didn't matter who or how many you were. The reason we left SC members alone is because Victimize/Isis's asked us to not kill them, and because Nadir, who is a guildie of ours, was questing with them/hanging out with them.

I had jumped several SC members the day prior to that, and would have continued to do so if I hadn't been asked by a friend not to. We were extending what we thought was a courtesy - since we would typically attack larger groups by both of us grabbing an orb to start a chain explosion and kill everyone - so that the "friends of our friends" could get their quests done. I don't really care that they could 'mess my day up' cause they really can't - there's always a button that can be pushed that says "log off." Plus, you know, I'm not really scared of them. :p

Honestly, I find the fact SC has so many members to be somewhat appalling :p I've always liked smaller guilds, feels much more like a group of close friends than when you have a couple hundred strangers basically hanging out in the same chat room :p

Anyway, I find Pano's response to this highly amusing since he was so adamant he was right about me being pissed *I* got killed (nope) and that I was extorting people (nope). I also find it amusing that he (and apparently one or maybe two other people) seem to think I posted my collage to say how awesome I am, when all it is is an opportunity to laugh at how hardcore people nerdrage when their pixels die. I don't think I've heard that much cussing since my baby brother discovered the F word at the age of six.

I never claimed to be the best at anything, never would claim that, don't think it, and don't care to blow my ego up by starting to think it either. I know I'm a good duelist and I know I have good situational awareness which helps with warzone objectives, and that is all. So the fact that some people seem to think this is a tribute to how awesome I am just kind of adds to my amusement.

Edited by silvershadows

Yay! Not that we needed it, but I'm quite glad you've given us permission to do so because that's what being Sith and in a pvp zone is all about!

I would like to clarify one point though, you put yourself on the KoS list by your actions on Illum. The "evidence" i was referring to was the fact that you were posting up in general that you were demanding tribute. That alone was cause enough for the events that followed. Since we'd already declared war on any guild who was on Illum that chose to get their jollies out of ganking people who just wanted to do a quest, it was only natural that your people got killed as a result of your actions.

Yes dude, and as I've said that's fine. It was what was done to Chaance, who had nothing to do with what we were doing, in fact had no idea that Ragnak and I were out there saying that kind of stuff, after it was explained to people that he had nothing to do with it. He was, in fact, just coming out to see what the event quests were like.

As for being politely asked to leave us alone, well that certainly didn't come from me. I explained to my guild members what the ramifications of our declaration of war would be and fully expected SC to be KoS by pvp'ers because of it.

We were asked by Victimize/Isis's to leave you guys alone, as well as Nadir, who was questing/hanging out with your guild. Since Vic is a friend and Nadir is a guildie, we said fine - until all this other crap happened.

Also, your claim to be leaving SC members alone is not as true of a statement as you'd like it to be, because I can quite clearly see from your screenshot that you killed at least one of our members during your attempted Illum conquest.

Like I said, I had killed SC members the day prior, and of course after all of this (those screenshots are over the course of 4-5 days), but when I was asked not to, I didn't.

It's funny how you glorify being a "blackhat" but then when there's a direct retaliation to your choice to do that and someone calls you out for being hypocritical about being mad over someone in your guild being attacked in a pvp zone - you get all heated and start trying to justify your actions while at the same time begin to call people names for standing up to you. Either accept the role of blackhat and all that comes with it, or just give it a rest already.

Eh? Who did I call a name?

I don't care about retaliation, I invite it. Please, retaliate. But retaliate against ME, or against Ragnak, not against someone who wasn't involved.

You've made it clear that you are enraged that someone you know got killed in a pvp zone in a thread that you created to highlight how "awesome" you are for making people mad by killing them on Illum.

Again, this thread wasnt' created to highlight how 'awesome' I am, it was created to highlight how funny people are when they nerdrage and start cussing up a storm in general chat.

As for my 'last word-itis" or whatever you want to call it, hey this is my thread, you're making accusations, I'll clear them up, and that is all. You seem to think I'm raging pissed when I'm not - my anger dissipated shortly after the killing in question. All I wanted was some acknowledgement that Chaance should not have been killed for something he was not involved in. Since you're not inclined to give me that, it's perfectly fine, cause I'll see you next time the Gree event is on :p

Edited by silvershadows

All that said, I would never crash a cantina RP party or anything - I used to be a pretty hardcore roleplayer back in the days of text based MUDS and dungeons and dragons, so I would feel bad (and not a little hypocritical) if I bothered people who were RP'ing.

Was also a hardcore role-player in a MUD for several years (completely burned out on that level of involvement now), and I always thought the one thing it really could have used was PVP. Would have kept all those level 1 God role-players in check.

Also, I have to say that I do think it is unreasonable to expect everyone to know to only kill specific members of your guild in a PVP zone. This situation happened with my own guild, actually: Some of our players enjoyed the PVP and were doing a lot of killing, and one person--not involved--kept getting ganked because of it. My position then and now was that such things come with the territory. There are consequences to being in a guild--especially when it comes to PVP. It doesn't actually matter what reasons they used for killing your guildie, or how wrong their reasons were, as your own level of involvement in the PVP made it a sure thing that your guild would be targeted by many. It'd be nice if we could always know who to kill, and for what reasons, but that isn't really practical in an environment like Ilum.

I'd certainly have enjoyed PVP there much more if I always knew who my target/enemy was. I went into pure bloodlust mode whenever attacked on Ilum, and I never like attacking anyone who hasn't attacked me (outside of warzones). And I'll be damned if I could ever figure out who the guilty parties were!

Was also a hardcore role-player in a MUD for several years (completely burned out on that level of involvement now), and I always thought the one thing it really could have used was PVP. Would have kept all those level 1 God role-players in check.

Also, I have to say that I do think it is unreasonable to expect everyone to know to only kill specific members of your guild in a PVP zone.

In the MUD I played (Dragon's Gate), there WAS pvp. You just couldn't do it without a good, valid, RP reason or you'd stand a 99 percent chance of getting slapped with a ban or some other type of punishment.

As for the second part (and yeah I cut off half your post for length), I totally get that and like I said, I wouldn't have been annoyed about it at all EXCEPT that Ragnak and I had been on all day, we were the only PM people on, and Chaance himself hadn't been on in about a month, plus there's the whole I wasn't even doing what they said I was doing thing, and even if I had been, that sort of thing I would expect you to come after me, you know? After the actual person doing it, not an uninvolved party :p

In fact, that's exactly what we wanted, people to come and fight us, not poor Chaance as soon as he logged in. Like I've said, it wouldn't have been annoying except that it was done specifically because of me, it was even said to Chaance that he was being killed because of me, not because he was part of the whole PM "owning middle" thing. Which is why I keep saying if you have an issue with me, come to ME about it, not an uninvolved party. Don't make me out to be the bad guy that got my friend killed when you could have easily come to kill me instead.

When it happened, and even still now, it made me think of this:

Poor Chaance is the dude in the back, lol

Cause that's pretty much EXACTLY what happened, lol. And really, that's just wrong :p

Edited by silvershadows

In the MUD I played (Dragon's Gate), there WAS pvp. You just couldn't do it without a good, valid, RP reason or you'd stand a 99 percent chance of getting slapped with a ban or some other type of punishment.

As for the second part (and yeah I cut off half your post for length), I totally get that and like I said, I wouldn't have been annoyed about it at all EXCEPT that Ragnak and I had been on all day, we were the only PM people on, and Chaance himself hadn't been on in about a month, plus there's the whole I wasn't even doing what they said I was doing thing, and even if I had been, that sort of thing I would expect you to come after me, you know? After the actual person doing it, not an uninvolved party :p

In fact, that's exactly what we wanted, people to come and fight us, not poor Chaance as soon as he logged in. Like I've said, it wouldn't have been annoying except that it was done specifically because of me, it was even said to Chaance that he was being killed because of me, not because he was part of the whole PM "owning middle" thing. Which is why I keep saying if you have an issue with me, come to ME about it, not an uninvolved party. Don't make me out to be the bad guy that got my friend killed when you could have easily come to kill me instead.

When it happened, and even still now, it made me think of this:

Poor Chaance is the dude in the back, lol

Cause that's pretty much EXACTLY what happened, lol. And really, that's just wrong :p

So...he logged in, pvp happened, he got mad? Maybe you should make a spot for him on your collage?

It's ironic that you post about people upset that pvp happened to them for your amusement, but you get mad when it happened to your buddy. He was flagged, no? Zero difference between that and you trolling the folks in your picture.

So...he logged in, pvp happened, he got mad? Maybe you should make a spot for him on your collage?

It's ironic that you post about people upset that pvp happened to them for your amusement, but you get mad when it happened to your buddy. He was flagged, no? Zero difference between that and you trolling the folks in your picture.

Eh? No, Chaance did not get mad, if anything he was confused why he was being told he was being killed because of something I did that he had no clue about.

And mad isn't the right word, annoyed is better - and again, since it seems that I need to explain what I mean until I'm as blue as a Chiss because people are way too obtuse to get it ...

When you kill someone then tell them that the reason you killed them is something that someone ELSE did, that's pretty lame. Why wouldn't you just go kill the person who did whatever it is you're irked about, especially if the person that you killed had zero to do with the thing that pissed you off?

So the order of events is as follows:

1) I say mid belongs to Project Mayhem, come pay us tribute to turn in your orbs, blow me kisses, /love me, dance with me, whatever.

2) Ragnak and I proceed to kill people for a few hours, letting a few people here and there turn in their orbs, especially if they said please or gave us an emote that wasn't rude.

3) Several people attempt to explain to the members of SC who were involved that I am not, in fact, extorting people for pylon passage and I was just messing around in general chat while beating peoples faces in.

4) Chaance logs in and is killed by six members of Silent Council, then told that he died because of what I've allegedly done/am doing. I myself have not yet been killed. Chaance asks me what the heck they are talking about and I tell him, we share a laugh over the general stupidity of people.

5) They finally manage to kill me, and Ragnak, when they bring their six to mid. Whatever.

The annoyance, once again, stems from the fact that if you have an issue with *me*, you should come kill *me*, not kill someone who had nothing to do with it then tell them they died because of what I was allegedly doing. That's the equivalent of slapping your child because his friend mouthed off to you. It makes no sense, and why would you do that unless you, yourself (or in this case some of Silent Council) is purposely trying to piss people off?

The difference between me "trolling" the people in my collage and the above is this - I wasn't trolling anyone, I was killing everyone and anyone. I didn't pick on anyone specifically, nor did I instigate any of the things they said *except* for the instance where I said mid belonged to PM. In fact, I hardly spoke in general chat at all, and never in tells unless one was sent to ME first. I didn't go out of my way to ruin anyone's day, didn't go out of my way to harass anybody in particular. Everyone was a viable target to me if their name was red.

On the other hand, some of the members of Silent Council went out of their way to not only kill someone who had nothing to do with what I was doing, but then informed him that he died because of me. That, my friend, is the very definition of trolling, and far more of a jerk move than anything I did. They purposely set out to ruin someones day. They may have failed, but that doesn't take away their intention. I, however, did not set out to ruin people's days or cause them grief. I set out to have fun and kill people, and that's what I did. Their rage (and thus my screenshot collage) was a byproduct of that. Those shots were taken over a period of several days, not all in one day, they were pretty spread out. Also - when they killed Chaance, it had been at least three or four hours since I had said that PM claimed mid.

I do think people really need to learn what trolling is, because it seems that ignorance regarding that term is extremely rampant. Trolling is going out of your way to incite a reaction from people. I didn't need to do that, I just went to pvp in a pvp zone and people began to spew filth in general chat with zero prompting from me. Some Silent Council members (not the whole guild, just a group of them, mind you) went out of their way to kill someone who had nothing to do with what I was doing in order to try to ilicit a reaction. If they had been truly attempting to police the zone and kill off the black hats, they would have come for me and Ragnak first and only.

So, TL;DR version is - It's not THAT Chaance died, it's WHY Chaance died that annoys me. And that's all I have to say about this, I'm done. Enjoy the picture or don't, the point of it seems to have become lost amidst all the crap.

Edited by silvershadows