Auto-Decline Duels

kmilkowski

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been looking for this feature as well. I'm really sick of getting all these absurd duel requests while I'm trying to quest and enjoy the game...it's really taking away from the game.

Auto decline duel request soon.

/signed

My additional suggestions:

• The default of this option should obviously set to "Allow duels" for every character created
  • The setting should be kept per character
  • Upon first duel invitation a tutorial (using the existing tutorial window) should be presented that contains information about duels and on how the duel invitations can be turned off using the "Allow duels" setting
  • When a duel is automatically declined a short message in the chat window could be presented that you just declined a duel request from <charactername>.
  • When a duel is automatically declined subsequent duel requests by the same requesting character should not trigger the message described above to avoid chat spamming by pranksters.

Any comments on this?

Agreed! After getting random duel challenges twice yesterday on Dromund Kaas (do people like challenging Juggernauts, or something?), I went into preferences to look for this option and was surprised to find that it does not exist.

I can auto-decline the occasional guild invite, but not the more frequently encountered dual challenge? How silly! :confused: I imagine I'm not the only person who is not a PvP'er and has no interest in engaging in random duels.

• 4 weeks later...

LoL I almost clicked your link in your signature line, but at the last second I decided to check the ID in the URL. It's this thread of course!

I'm actually slightly traumatized by the fact that the group-invite dialog box is almost identical to the duel-invite dialog box. Before clicking on a Yes/No, I'll often check to make sure it's not a duel invite.

LoL I almost clicked your link in your signature line, but at the last second I decided to check the ID in the URL. It's this thread of course!

I'm actually slightly traumatized by the fact that the group-invite dialog box is almost identical to the duel-invite dialog box. Before clicking on a Yes/No, I'll often check to make sure it's not a duel invite.

Duel invites are the one thing that can't be autodeclined, and they are the thing I get the most of. It's insane. I can't go a single day without several duel invites, no matter which faction or which character class I play.

The worst of it was the two Sith players who chased me across the dune sea, challenging to duels until I went to the Republic encampment, where they got one shotted. That was the only way I could get them to stop; go somewhere they can't get to.

It's ridiculous, especially for those of us who have no desire to PVP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
/signed

for now if some obnoxious player keeps shoving duel requests in your face you can put them on your ignore list to stop it, but a more direct option would be better.

Can't exactly do that if they are on the other faction, though. It's not really an option.

• 1 month later...

I agree. It is supremely idiotic that the only invite we can't auto-decline in this game is the dueling one. Especially when you get multiple invites in a row from the same person (doesn't happen like that on all my characters, but people seem to love requesting duels with my Juggernauts and Guardian for some reason).

So, yes, Bioware, take 5 minutes to add an auto-decline to duels. (NOTE: This is (probably) not the actual time it will take to add this, I know, but it sure as Mustafar won't take that long to do!)

• 1 month later...