will Jaesa return?

LonghornSith

I hope so. She's one of my fav Imp companion.

I remember reading something that the Rachael Leigh Cook had a scheduling conflict to do the voice acting, so they had to push it back. I think it was on Reddit so I don't know how reliable the info is.

I hope so. She's one of my fav Imp companion.

I remember reading something that the Rachael Leigh Cook had a scheduling conflict to do the voice acting, so they had to push it back. I think it was on Reddit so I don't know how reliable the info is.

same! I really liked her character, especially the dark side.

probably been asked a million times, so apologies, but any word of her return? she gone for good? I am just coming back into the game after a long break.

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of waiting for her to come back. She's probably my favorite companion, or top two at least. We haven't heard anything, except a brief mention of her from the optional companion Master Ranos, who says she has heard about a murderous insane woman by that name searching for Darkside artifacts on forgotten worlds. She also says she thinks your relationship with her is over, but it's left ambiguous because she doesn't actually know her personally.

I've never been able to find any concrete information about Rachael Leigh Cook's willingness (or lack their of) to return to SWTOR. Honestly, it strikes me as unlikely, it means they had plans to bring her back in place already, which seems unlikely at this point. She's one of the trickiest ones based on having two different versions.

Unfortunately, I'm becoming increasingly concerned about what happens if they do bring her back. There seems to be more and more bugs in the game, and so far most of the companions that have returned have not had very satisfying roles in the story.

And even in Kotfe, there was already a minor bug with her because although she is seen an mentioned in Chapter 2, she doesn't appear among the dream corpses of your companions.

Edited by OldVengeance

Rachael Leigh Cook being unavailable isn't necessarily a barrier to bringing Jaesa back. Assuming that she just doesn't want to return to SWTOR at all and that the scheduling conflicts aren't temporary, Bioware could replace her with another voice actor. It certainly isn't ideal, but at that point the choice is between having the character never return, or having the character return with a different actor.

It has also been done many times before in the video game industry.

Yeah but if there's a chance to get her back, then they should. Her voice is really important to the character, so if the choice between being able to bring her back with the right voice actress or bringing her back without Rachael Leigh Cook, then they should choose the former.

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of waiting for her to come back. She's probably my favorite companion, or top two at least. We haven't heard anything, except a brief mention of her from the optional companion Master Ranos, who says she has heard about a murderous insane woman by that name searching for Darkside artifacts on forgotten worlds. She also says she thinks your relationship with her is over, but it's left ambiguous because she doesn't actually know her personally.

That's partially true. Ranos says that Jaesa is searching for powerful artifacts to gain more power but that is for darkside Jaesa. If you chose lightside for her you find out she is trying to do good and help others.

That's partially true. Ranos says that Jaesa is searching for powerful artifacts to gain more power but that is for darkside Jaesa. If you chose lightside for her you find out she is trying to do good and help others.

And I think that is the overarching problem with bringing Jaesa back: what side of the force is she aligned with? It could be as simple as: if the character you are playing is LS then she comes back as LS, but if your character is DS then she comes back DS. But then there are situations like one of my characters: She's a Jedi Sage DS1, she is a "good" person but she HATES the Empire, so she's made significant DS choices in furtherance of destroying the Empire. If that Sage and a DS Jaesa met up, I would probably kill Jaesa with that character.

And what about neutrally aligned characters? Yes they are harder to maintain now, but it is still possible.

All that said, chances are that going forward many companions' returns will be more like Elara and Quinn - unless they are a love interest and/or a character class that is reuniting with the companion it's "Hi my name is _________ and I am here to help..." Which in my opinion is disappointing

• 3 months later...
So basically if i start KOTFE on my sith warrior i never get to see my apprentice again?? That kinda sucks. Eh well, if she's helping others ( my SW is LS), then is all good, maybe the force will make us cross paths again. Still it bothers me, i have rank 34 influence with my Jaesa, don't want to spend a lot of money to rank up Lana,Theron & Koth.

So basically if i start KOTFE on my sith warrior i never get to see my apprentice again?? That kinda sucks. Eh well, if she's helping others ( my SW is LS), then is all good, maybe the force will make us cross paths again. Still it bothers me, i have rank 34 influence with my Jaesa, don't want to spend a lot of money to rank up Lana,Theron & Koth.

get to chapter 9 then you can get all your old companions back via the console in the commanders room.

get to chapter 9 then you can get all your old companions back via the console in the commanders room.

Yes but is not the same. Would be nice to hear even a tiny piece of update about my apprentice, is she alive, is she aware that I'm alive? I don't have Master Ranos, wasnt playing this game during DvL, so i have no idea what Ranos knows.

• 2 weeks later...