Game Update 5.5 Scroll Wheel Notes

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Just a heads up on some issues that we have related to the UI and the mouse scroll-wheel in GU 5.5:

• There is a new user interface for the server select screen which only displays five servers. If you do not see your server listed, you can scroll with the mouse wheel to see the rest of the list.
  • You can now use the mouse wheel to scroll through pages on the Cartel Market and in Collection. However, there is currently an issue where if either one is open, that window always takes priority for scrolling. Ex: If you have the CM or Collections open and you preview an item. If you mouse wheel up to zoom in the preview window, it will instead skip forward a page in the CM or Collection. You will need to close that window for the scroll wheel to work in any other window.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric, could please share the key commands to move through the server list with people without working mousewheels?

I have to second this.

With only scroll wheel being usable this is a major issue for:

-Anyone with a broken scroll wheel

-Anyone using a laptop (since many trackpads scroll differently

-Anyone using a trackball, since those often don't have a scrollwheel

-Anyone who tends to remote into their computer when at work for guild management/gtn/ or whatever

Edited by ninjonxb

Hey folks,

Just a heads up on some issues that we have related to the UI and the mouse scroll-wheel in GU 5.5:

• [*]There is a new user interface for the server select screen which only displays five servers. If you do not see your server listed, you can scroll with the mouse wheel to see the rest of the list.

-eric

So this is great. Scroll down the list of servers, get to the end and can't scroll back up to my actual servers. Poor design. Key commands (pgup/pgdn/arrows) do nothing. So now what Eric?

Nerf classes, nerf server list, nerf cxp from dailies ... hmmm .. time to nerf my sub.

So this is great. Scroll down the list of servers, get to the end and can't scroll back up to my actual servers. Poor design. Key commands (pgup/pgdn/arrows) do nothing. So now what Eric?

Nerf classes, nerf server list, nerf cxp from dailies ... hmmm .. time to nerf my sub.

Not experiencing this. I can scroll to the bottom and then back up again.

Not experiencing this. I can scroll to the bottom and then back up again.

Seems that both up and down scrolls on my mouse scroll down the list. Keybindings show undefined on the server selection screen, so I'm guessing that is causing the game to not read my wheel correctly. Wouldn't think that the definitions mattered on the server select, but perhaps it does.

Guess I'll make a generic "server select" binding and see ....

[Edit] Nope, no diff, still can only scroll down the list, not up. Just something I'll live with until there are only 5 I guess

Edited by Krigjeger

Eric, could please share the key commands to move through the server list with people without working mousewheels?

PSA for those using a Windows laptop with a touchpad but no scroll wheel. Worked for me just now.

1. Click the Windows icon. This will bring up the Start menu.

2. Enter 'Mouse' in the search field and press enter. This will bring up the 'Mouse Properties' window or similar.

3. Click 'Device Settings'.

4. Locate 'One-Finger Scrolling'.

5. Ensure that vertical scrolling is enabled.

6. Run your finger up and down the right edge of your touchpad to scroll up and down through the server list.

I have to second this.

With only scroll wheel being usable this is a major issue for:

-Anyone with a broken scroll wheel

-Anyone using a laptop (since many trackpads scroll differently

-Anyone using a trackball, since those often don't have a scrollwheel

-Anyone who tends to remote into their computer when at work for guild management/gtn/ or whatever

Trackballs usually have the ability to scroll by holding down one or more of the buttons. Sometimes it requires a keyboard key. But anyone with a trackball should know how to do this.

• 3 weeks later...
Trackballs usually have the ability to scroll by holding down one or more of the buttons. Sometimes it requires a keyboard key. But anyone with a trackball should know how to do this.

Maybe "anyone" does, but this trackball user doesn't. If you know the command it would be appreciated if you'd post or link. update For those with a logitech t-ball, download SetPoint scrolling function works on all other programs/webpages etc. BUT NOT swtor server list. Still looking.

Tx

Edited by usestarwars
Up date info