Possibility of Solo Operations?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen in this thread. There are a few that are for this, but more are against it. Mainly because it's such a ridiculous request.

This is your main argument for this change. You repeat it, and keep repeating it and keep repeating it in different ways. But it still boils down to that statement. And the key word there is opportunity. Yes, they pay a subscription. They're not blocked from doing operations by any means.

The opportunity is there. Whether they take advantage of that opportunity is 100% on them. If they hate operations, grouping, or whatever, that's on them. If they want the experience of an operation, then they need to find the time and find a group and/or guild to do it with.

You, and others, use the excuse that you can't take 2 hours to do an operation in one sitting. Last I checked, the lock-out is set at each boss. So if you go into EV and make it to Gharj, you have the rest of the week to do the Ancient Pylons, Infernal Council and Soa (all of which takes about 20-30 minutes).

I've been on progression teams that would split some of the longer operations into 2 or 3 sessions because someone had to leave early. So again, time constraints aren't a valid argument, either.

There are even people that take one character to the final boss for lock-out, then switch characters so they can bring others in for a quick completion. I've even seen this advertised in fleet chat. So again, the opportunities are there. You people just need to act on them.

If you want charity, you're looking in the wrong place.

Read the thread again. You missed a lot.

Again, how do you form and complete a full nim ops if either of the following (actual commonly experienced) scenarios are present?

1) you can only play 30-60mins at a time

or

2) 15 other people arent interested in doing the content

Where did this came from dude? We were talking about SM ops, not NiMs. Two different cases. And yeah I will say that if you have 30 minutes to play DON'T TRY TO DO NIM OPS. Simple.

Nearly all of the posts in favor of this, in the last 5 pages of this thread, are from you. So what am I missing? Other than you have no valid grounds for your arguments? Or that you're just trolling by constantly repeating yourself?

People continue to ask questions, so i attempt to reclarify, since the questions have already been answered. If you wish to call that trolling, that is your choice. It makes no difference to me.

Where did this came from dude? We were talking about SM ops, not NiMs. Two different cases. And yeah I will say that if you have 30 minutes to play DON'T TRY TO DO NIM OPS. Simple.

I dont recall limiting my conversation to sm. I am looking for challenge and opportunity for everyone, not just myself. Your question is proof enough that people arent reading the whole thread.

There is nothing people can say without you coming up with some pointless argument which everyone rips apart because none of your points are valid but Ahhh damnit I fell for it...troll lvl 10/10.. Nice job.

That's just it. His argument has been ripped apart numerous times, but he keeps falling back to it. :rolleyes:

Totally bro!! You ripped it totally apart bro!! He totally needs to accept what you say just because your God, bro!

Don't be angry. Just accept that you're wrong. The opportunity is there for people to do operations. It's up to them to take it. All of those "reasons" for not doing them as intended are just excuses for their choices.

I don't do ops very often, but I have in the past. I've never really enjoyed doing them, either. I find them tedious, time consuming, and not really worth my time and effort. But that's me. That's my excuse. Can I do them? Sure. If I wanted to. I have plenty of opportunities to do them. I just choose not to. I'll fill in if my guild needs someone and I have time for it, though.

Oh, and I'm not your "bro." :rolleyes:

Whether or not they make ops soloable, they need to have challenging content for solo players that offer similar rewards to ops. We all pay the same sub, so we should all have an opportunity to experience the same things regardless of time commitment, something that for many is unchangeable. Skill level can change based on player, and is generally modifiable, so that should the the determining factor towards someones ability to complete all content in the game. Imo.

You can, it is called CXP. As for solo OPs, I mean that is an oxymoron if I have ever read one. But please, dont try to play the "I have a life and limited time " BS, I own a restaurant, care for a father with cancer, and work about a 55+ hour week, and I can still jump in an operation here or there.

Your personal play style does not define what a game is. You CHOOSE not to do an operation, but just because you pay a sub, does not give you the right define what a game feature is. Nowadays I may be able to do maybe 1 or 2 ops a month, but I am not here trying to tell them to cater to my individual circumstances because I pay a sub. All you paying a sub grants you is monthly access to the game. Just like me.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

Don't be angry. Just accept that you're wrong. The opportunity is there for people to do operations. It's up to them to take it. All of those "reasons" for not doing them as intended are just excuses for their choices.

I don't do ops very often, but I have in the past. I've never really enjoyed doing them, either. I find them tedious, time consuming, and not really worth my time and effort. But that's me. That's my excuse. Can I do them? Sure. If I wanted to. I have plenty of opportunities to do them. I just choose not to. I'll fill in if my guild needs someone and I have time for it, though.

Oh, and I'm not your "bro." :rolleyes:

Youve already gave your opinion, no need to repeat it. Your opinion is yours to hold on to, but it doesnt remove facts that some people dont have the same opportunities as others, based on individualized factors beyond their control. I dont care if you want to call it an excuse or not. They are factual, actual, valid issues that can be addressed by none other than the devs (not you). Respond with the same nonsense if youd like, i appreciate the attention it brings to the issue at hand. Im find being rhe shield to take the brunt of opposition and personal attacks if my valid points get received by the actual people who make a difference, whether in this game or the next.

You can, it is called CXP. As for solo OPs, I mean that is an oxymoron if I have ever read one. But please, dont try to play the "I have a life and limited time " BS, I own a restaurant, care for a father with cancer, and work about a 55+ hour week, and I can still jump in an operation here or there.

Your personal play style does not define what a game is. You CHOOSE not to do an operation, but just because you pay a sub, does not give you the right define what a game feature is. Nowadays I may be able to do maybe 1 or 2 ops a month, but I am not here trying to tell them to cater to my individual circumstances because I pay a sub. All you paying a sub grants you is monthly access to the game. Just like me.

Its not choice. I choose to form NIM ops up, but they dont get filled because not enough people are interested. Explain how thats a result of my choice and not theirs?

Youve already gave your opinion, no need to repeat it.

Have you looked up the definition of irony recently? It may be helpful for you to learn that too.

Hopefully, if BW reads this thread due to the amount of responses, they will see that a few people may be for it, but a great many more are against that. In addition, those that are for are mostly the "once and done" crowd as opposed to the "repeatable" crowd that will extend the lifespan of any new content they put out.

Listen, solo ops are a silly idea. It'll take away the whole point of doing ops in the first place. That being said, if SWTOR had unlimited resources, there would be less opposition for it. But retuning ops into YouTube videos is a monumental waste of resources when SWTOR already has so few dedicated to it.

Its not choice. I choose to form NIM ops up, but they dont get filled because not enough people are interested. Explain how thats a result of my choice and not theirs?

Because no one is going to trust the dude on fleet trying to great a nim op to know what to do. SWTOR hasn't created a good forum to create ways for good players to sync up. Fortunately, good players have done so, and if you are one of those you'd know you could join a nim group literally every day of the week.

Have I mentioned the time I got the from beyond title and revanchist in the same night (no wipes, under 2 hours total), by just posting on fleet?

Because no one is going to trust the dude on fleet trying to great a nim op to know what to do. SWTOR hasn't created a good forum to create ways for good players to sync up. Fortunately, good players have done so, and if you are one of those you'd know you could join a nim group literally every day of the week.

Have I mentioned the time I got the from beyond title and revanchist in the same night (no wipes, under 2 hours total), by just posting on fleet?

So your response is to just ignore my post and the issues presented altogether? Noted.

Youve already gave your opinion, no need to repeat it. Your opinion is yours to hold on to, but it doesnt remove facts that some people dont have the same opportunities as others, based on individualized factors beyond their control. I dont care if you want to call it an excuse or not. They are factual, actual, valid issues that can be addressed by none other than the devs (not you). Respond with the same nonsense if youd like, i appreciate the attention it brings to the issue at hand. Im find being rhe shield to take the brunt of opposition and personal attacks if my valid points get received by the actual people who make a difference, whether in this game or the next.

And you've stated your opinion repeatedly. And your facts fail. Your valid points are not valid at all. They are just excuses.

Let's examine it a little closer:

op·por·tu·ni·ty

ˌäpərˈt(y)o͞onədē

noun

a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something.

In this case, the circumstances are:

Being a subscriber, which grants full access to all content in the game.

The ability to join a group.

Every subscriber has these same Opportunities and Circumstances that the game provides. Personal circumstances may vary, but if someone wants to do content so badly, they will always have the opportunity to make it happen.

This rates right up on the stupid scale with solo PvP. :rolleyes:

Edited by PorsaLindahl

And you've stated your opinion repeatedly. And your facts fail. Your valid points are not valid at all. They are just excuses.

Let's examine it a little closer:

op·por·tu·ni·ty

ˌäpərˈt(y)o͞onədē

noun

a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something.

In this case, the circumstances are:

Being a subscriber, which grants full access to all content in the game.

The ability to join a group.

Every subscriber has these same Opportunities and Circumstances that the game provides. Personal circumstances may vary, but if someone wants to do content so badly, they will always have the opportunity to make it happen.

This rates right up on the stupid scale with solo PvP. :rolleyes:

Less subbing, more saving for education. Opportunities come in different forms. Your version doesnt aplly to this conversation. Dont hate, educate.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Less subbing, more saving for education. Opportunities come in different forms. Your version doesnt aplly to this conversation. Dont hate, educate.

Exactly! Like apply is spelled "apply".

The more you know...

Also, directly responded to your post. Since you don't understand, that's probably an education problem you should get sorted. Maybe give up you sub for a bit to get some education? :)

Edited by LordTurin

Take your own advice. It seems like you're the one wasting money by playing video games when you should be learning how to spell and make proper sentences. Bye, bye. :rolleyes:

Exactly! Like apply is spelled "apply".

The more you know...

Also, directly responded to your post. Since you don't understand, that's probably an education problem you should get sorted. Maybe give up you sub for a bit to get some education? :)

That's what I'm thinking as well. Maybe he should go play this instead. It may be too much of a challenge, though. And the concept behind this thread is about taking the challenge out of everything to make it all solo-able.

And now he's going to respond back with some nonsense because it's keeping this thread on the top. Wait for it....

Edited by PorsaLindahl