** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

BTW, Did anyone catch that while kills aren't counting toward anyone's dailies or Weekly , Imperials that outnumber the Republics can still camp Central and collect the Armaments.

So apparently only the Republics on most Servers are getting the short end of the stick.

Great Job Bioware, Give us more reasons to reroll into the Empire Faction and abandon the Republic.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you complaining about kills/valor not counting, I posted what is the possible cause/fix.

You can't just sit in one area for too long, your faction has to roam around and kill Rep/Sith at various points until you stop getting credit, move on to the next then repeat.

What happened when I just completed both my daily and then weekly was that the Rep would sit at one of our cannons the Sith would charge the hill then die from the cannon. Then they would fall back as we chased collecting valor and kills whiling pushing them to their spawn till it stopped counting.

The Reps I was with repeated this for a good 2 hours.

For those of you complaining about kills/valor not counting, I posted what is the possible cause/fix.

You can't just sit in one area for too long, your faction has to roam around and kill Rep/Sith at various points until you stop getting credit, move on to the next then repeat.

What happened when I just completed both my daily and then weekly was that the Rep would sit at one of our cannons the Sith would charge the hill then die from the cannon. Then they would fall back as we chased collecting valor and kills whiling pushing them to their spawn till it stopped counting.

Tryed that, it didn't work, no matter where I was getting a kill nothing was registered.

Tryed that, it didn't work, no matter where I was getting a kill nothing was registered.

That. 1 hour and an half in illum -> daily = 0/30

About the changes that ARE intended, its obvious they realized that they could never handle a massive PvP with their crappy engine and are proceeding to nerf illum so everyone go back to the warzones. What a failure, and i was so confident in bioware before launch.

Edited by Vindor

I don't see what're you people complaining about, they implemented a safeguard for valor exploit... to put it simple:

safeguard = no valor at all.

Works as Intended!

Can someone shoot ppl like him ?

You dont even get the kills counted, nevermind the frigging valor, even if you solo 10, even if you zerg 100...

roaming dosent work but logging out and leaving ilum and then coming back dos work. in 5 hrs yesterday valour counted but kills for the weekly didnt i have 126 of 150 done and came away with 70k valour. besides that thought i killed some at central/south/north and at our own base with no luck, gonna see if going after this reset today it works again. it may just be a time spent in ilum issue.

So on my server Wound in the Force we have these massive bridge battles right of the edge of the southern repub med center. I was in on at least 75-80 and got credit for 33... cool waste of 2 hours so I log of for 12 hours and go back and try it again. No bridge battle so I tried collecting armaments... 1 in 30 mins... again just fantastic. In that time I got a kill at CA and again no credit... Absolutely no overhaul of Ilum is needed because it works just great. I have dailies that turned into weeklies and weeklies that just turned into monthlies.

Ilum's "World PVP Zone" needs to be smaller plain and simple. Then they need to state what they want us to do in order to receive credit for EVERYTHING. And if armaments is one of those things, then have them spawn all over the map.

Edited by trucksandbeer

i am sad to say, ilum is a complete fail atm

all these millions to produce such a bad gaming experience? cmon folks you can do better than that :(

Remove all the open pvp rewards and completly redesign the open pvp game mechanics and rules of engagement rewardwise. You have tons of good examples. This is a sincere move from ppl which will gain my trust and i will keep on paying...

Edited by kanivalos

look at ilum for what it is. Either side can run up to the other sides base shoot 2 rockets and pretend take the base. All by yourself no need to form a raid or anything. You got those stupid announcements flying up every 2 second causing lags spikes. Ilum is a total waste of space maybe in 6 months it will be worth a bantha turd but right now its hutt diarehha Edited by hargrave

Seriously just get rid of Ilum as a "pvp zone"

Its badly designed badly layed out and now theres no real reason for the "assault zones"

Outlaws Den is great but no one uses it

Small suggestions

Instanced zones

Forget Ilum its clearly not nor never has worked. Try basing it on an outlaws den or other planets give it a max of say 50 per side (helps with the inbalanced numbers) If folks want to kill trade in there fine doesnt effect real people trying to pvp.

Give proper rewards for world pvp

Valor and Comms for killing an enemy player within FIVE levels of the planet level

Fix the warzones

Too many exploits and bugs in these please dont bother adding more until you fix whats not working!

That's what I think that a lot of the lost kills are due to Bioware changing the checks and balances that protect Ilum from exploitation now. There may be other issues, but for me yesterday the counts went up, but only under certain conditions it seems.

What the hell is your guy's problem? I Chillen in Ilum for about an hour and a half today, ON Kinrath Spider. it was packed. i finished my daily and my weekly within 2 hours. NOT EVERY KILL COUNTED. because they don't, you know... always count for reason I won't explain, cause your QQ is strong, and your reading skills are weak.

2 hours - completed weekly (Along with daily)

I started seeing posts about this around 9am my time.

4 hours later there is finaly a official post that says..Be patient and we are looking into it.

5 hours later from the We are looking into it messege and the best we get is..

we are making Progress. :eek:

I would Hope you are making progress after 9 hours of being aware of the issue. Was thinking it should of been closer to the Solution Announcement part by now. :p

GZ the german forum have no informations ! nothing in yellow

still no information from devs? impressive. I am afraid to say, i really start to lose my faith in SWTOR. if these guys communicates with us like this, i am afraid, this holds no future.

Oh well, many of us would have start to search for an mmo of choice again.

still no information from devs? impressive. I am afraid to say, i really start to lose my faith in SWTOR. if these guys communicates with us like this, i am afraid, this holds no future.

Oh well, many of us would have start to search for an mmo of choice again.

If guildwars will have better pvp content it will kill this game....

On the other hand this is why i believe they rushed to get this game out in 2011... They know it already...

I reckon they don't test anything they implement. There is no excuse for the number of bugs their patches introduce.

Do you have a character on the test server? Did you help test it??? just a question..

Not enough people help test these patches, so this will keep happening. No an easy job bug squishing and testing fixes.. give them a break and help them out and get on the Test Server.

I got credit on a US East coast server. Finished my daily about 40/150 on my weekly and around 8k Valor. This seems to only be happeneing on certain servers.

Im on Ajunta Pall... I got 68 kills this morning (7am AEST +10GMT) and when i logged on 10 hours later people were saying that kills are not registering... We made an Ops group and killed 30+ Republicans and not a single point of valor or a single kill added to our total.

Some of there were in large groups so the cooldown timer thing DID NOT play a part... Been like this for hours with both sides now driving in circles farming boxes. They cant b bothered to even fight.

Edited by Tyranoc

Just stop the kill trading I guess and do something else.

It's SWTOR ... there's nothing else to doooo :p

I don't think BW appreciates that people wouldn't be bothered with sucky cr*p like kill-trading if the game released with more WZs and more were on the way.

End-game is boring as f-. Grinding the same 3 WZs for Valor is about as much fun as a claw-hammer to the face.

5 years and 3 boring WZs, really??

MOAR VARIETY NEEDED!

On the other hand this is why i believe they rushed to get this game out in 2011... They know it already...

Think again.. not going to happen.. 2 separate types/style of games... it's not all about PvP or Illum.. enjoy the story and time they put into the PvE side of the game.. lots to do in this game besides Illum.

From videos I've seen, GW2 looks like it will smash this game's PvP. WvWvW PvP :eek: that sounds fkn awesome!

SWTOR seems pretty much a solely solo-player game + some co-op with any competitive multiplayer as a complete after-thought.

There's just no reason to PvP after you hit L50. For what? Some extra gear so you can do better in the same 3WZs that you'll play hundreds of times over?

Even the PvP gear looks pretty much IDENTICAL between all the tiers w/ just a few texture changes thrown in. Half-arsed effort much?

Think again.. not going to happen.. 2 separate types/style of games... it's not all about PvP or Illum.. enjoy the story and time they put into the PvE side of the game.. lots to do in this game besides Illum.

true true.... but then again there are tons of good pve games out there....

I am afraid havent seen any good mmo pvp game lately... Ihmo when it comes it will kill all the rest ...