Cademimu --- Worst piece of garbage ever.

Personally it was just lackluster, had really no story to it, was an abomination including the random droid that does things randomly, the horrendously stupid elevator that takes forever to go anywhere, the rewards (gosh that armor was so horrible I just stripped it of mods because none of us could justify letting the guy wear the new heavy guardian armor (hint it sucks and only really 2 armor variants exist, a horribly stiff cape option that is not Jedi-like or a robe option with minimal anything (horrible choices...).

I thought the Mandalorian Raiders was bad but that was actually more enjoyable and didn't have some stupid (not innovative or cool) mechanic about dodging fire (that did nothing to the boss and somehow kept launching from the same locations) while missiles launched. Worse, the fire would hurt you before the battle even started because of some glitch, and the door blocked our sage healer from getting in the first time...

So far Esseles was the only actually cool one. Taral V is up next, hope you redeem yourself with that, but these are just utter CRAP! TOR is supposed to set itself apart via story, well the FP's are a great way to do that and they are just terrible. Even Athiss had a better mechanic with the flames, but essentially that one was lackluster too.

And Hammer Station was just awful in terms of being boring and dull.

I agree with you on the elevator part.... that was annoying, I actually had a few party members get off at the wrong stops and had to jump down to catch up... some died..

Infact my first time there I couldn't actually tell apart what was a "static floor" and what was an "elevelator" until it started moving..... haha.

I agree with you on the elevator part.... that was annoying, I actually had a few party members get off at the wrong stops and had to jump down to catch up... some died..

Infact my first time there I couldn't actually tell apart what was a "static floor" and what was an "elevelator" until it started moving..... haha.

Just wait until the Mass Effect MMO.

No story? Really? I guess the whole riot in the streets, the Governor's propaganda messages, and the compromised missile batteries are just... what? Give me a break. There's story. Maybe you don't like a revolutionary story? Either way, there's story, deal with it.

As far as itemization goes, who cares? It's a leveling instance. You won't keep the gear/mods for long.

People will complain about anything these days.

I've died on that thing like 4 times because for some reason I stop paying attention at that point and run right over the edge.

Also don't jump while riding the first elevator down..that will also kill you as I learned.

ETA: But in general I enjoy the flashpoint. Boss fights are decent. I got a few pieces of equipment that were better than what I was using so I can't complain.

Edited by JLapp

No story? Really? I guess the whole riot in the streets, the Governor's propaganda messages, and the compromised missile batteries are just... what? Give me a break. There's story. Maybe you don't like a revolutionary story? Either way, there's story, deal with it.

As far as itemization goes, who cares? It's a leveling instance. You won't keep the gear/mods for long.

People will complain about anything these days.

If you think a few sentences equates a story than you haven't read anything beyond childrens books and even that is stretching it.

The story was so basic, and so bare... it was pathetic. Quality story, like in Esseles is what we wanted. They can do it.

They had minimal atmosphere, that's what you really mean by "it having story".

---

Did no one do the horribly unrealistic (don't give me the "it's a game or it's Star Wars response, because that has realism as it defines itself in its lore and story) final boss with flames everywhere?

OR the glitched areas that were constantly killing people with the fire?

I'm sorry, but that thing was utter crap, and the actual drops for the Guardian were so ugly to look at I just deleted it after stripping the mods. Sorry, but I can't see how anyone could like that piece of crap compared to things like Esseles.

Edited by Delsana

While there was very little dialogue/cutscenes for that flashpoint.

I really liked the whole layout for it.

Plus, there was a wookie boss, what more could you ask for?

So because they threw you a bone you're willing to ignore the fact and allow them to keep making terrible flashpoints that can't compare to the first one you do?

If you think a few sentences equates a story than you haven't read anything beyond childrens books and even that is stretching it.

The story was so basic, and so bare... it was pathetic. Quality story, like in Esseles is what we wanted. They can do it.

They had minimal atmosphere, that's what you really mean by "it having story".

When did I say a few sentences equated story? Oh wait, I didn't. There are more ways to tell a story than mass conversation dialogues. Broaden your horizons.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

When I first played beta and ran Esseles for the first time i thought "Wow, can't wait for the other AWESOME flashpoints!".

But Esseles, sadly, was the exception, not the rule. The whole dialogueing, little cut-scenes, action packed dense atmosphere, was what really set the flashpoint apart for me from rather standard WoW dungeons.

I don't mind a few flashpoints like say, Athiss, straight forward without much dialogue - don't get me wrong. But I feel like Esseles was a bit of an advertisement to get you hooked (which for me totally worked) - the other flashpoints I've played so far (until and including Cademimu), all feel like they're sloppily done last minute before launch.

I like how they look, I like how they play out mechanically (except the already mentioned elevator), I like the loot, but apart from Esseles nothing really sets these flashpoints apart from other games' dungeons and that I find... very disappointing.

Flashpoints. They kinda describe quick paced stuff. Not 3-hour-marathon-story-time.

I don't know about you but after playing through ess/bt a couple of times to get all the dialog options, I started hammering the spacebar.

Personally I think the flashpoints are breaks from the already dialogue rich game. A place to group up and just go kill stuff. Just like PVP is.. or do you want storyline in that too?

A Wookie with a Flamethrower?

Stealing a Cop Car? (With Slicing)

The First Boss Shouting "You are under arrest!"?

I was laughing through most of this instance because of how awesome it was, OP needs to lighten up a bit

Edited by GigasFist

Ah this instance was good actually involved some teamwork on the final boss and a tank that knows how to tank, also the story was great, the level layout was confusing and they should move the checkpoint to the bottom of the lift so you only need to use it once.

also that giant bot was easy to deal with for us just kited it round while the others destroyed the boss ^^

Was fun appart from the trollevator (its like when you get in to a lift and some kid as pressed ALL the buttons). I loved how you can push quite a few mobs to their death in the open areas :p

The foundry is a very good instance though, but you will need to be 36+ :)

Edited by NasherUK