Ops difficulty and new gear

Soleda

Apologies if this topic was already discussed earlier - I couldn't find it.

I am just very concerned about ops difficulty (the classic ones, excluding Gftm), or rather "easiness" with the upcoming new 252-258 gear. At the moment, master mode is quite accessible (veteran is really easy) and I fear it won't improve with the new gear and that ops will not present any difficulty at all (especially if we have those guild perks of endurance/mastery/critical/haste bonuses) - ergo, pve content will not be interesting anymore.

Does Bioware have any intention to ajust ops difficulty after update 5.10? 4

I can imagine that it shouldn't be immediate but once we get 3-4 258 items it just won't be the same anymore.

Sorry for any mistakes and thanks for answers !

Apologies if this topic was already discussed earlier - I couldn't find it.

I am just very concerned about ops difficulty (the classic ones, excluding Gftm), or rather "easiness" with the upcoming new 252-258 gear. At the moment, master mode is quite accessible (veteran is really easy) and I fear it won't improve with the new gear and that ops will not present any difficulty at all (especially if we have those guild perks of endurance/mastery/critical/haste bonuses) - ergo, pve content will not be interesting anymore.

Does Bioware have any intention to ajust ops difficulty after update 5.10? 4

I can imagine that it shouldn't be immediate but once we get 3-4 258 items it just won't be the same anymore.

Sorry for any mistakes and thanks for answers !

Dunno why you're posting here and not in the operation sub-forum, here's my answer anyway. Bioware didn't say anything about changing the difficulty of old bosses, and in my opinion they shouldn't change anything. I'm not sure how you define "quite accessible" and "really easy", the number of people running MM is pretty low, and the number or VM apart from EV and KP that I see pugged on fleet is low enough to know that most people don't think they are really easy.

Yes, for a seasoned group with good players and a lot of experience, VM is really easy and MM is easy enough. However, tuning those ops again because of new gear makes no sense. These good groups will just gear again and still find those operations easy. It's just adding to the grind with no value/challenge added whatsoever. If these players want those ops to be harder, then can just put 230 gear on and try. Also, top groups are getting new content (finally) with MM Gods. It's not much, but still a lot better than just changing Hp values on an old boss, and the new gear is for those new bosses, not for old MM.

Moreover, for anyone who is progging VM or MM at the moment, a tuning change would be a slap in the face. Wiping to bosses you cleared a week before because new gear was released sucks big time (experienced this with the 2017 DPS nerfs when 248 was released). Having to grind for weeks to get gear to be at the same place as you were before doesn't make sense (except when a full expansion is released and level cap is changed, but that's another subject). It's ok that content becomes easier with time so that more players can experience it. Anyway those are my thoughts on the subject.

Edited by Eloi_BG

This is a silly problem to have.

You, as a player, have complete control over operations feeling "easy" when you're overgeared.

In addition to the obvious choice of purposefully wearing lower-tiered gear, you can also underman the operation, do timed runs, bring newbies through, etc. Asking Bioware to retune all of the endgame content because you personally find will it easy with 258 gear is simply a failure of imagination.

I wasn't sure this section was the appropriate one and I think it's too late now to transfer it elsewhere; apologies for that.

Thank you Eloi for answering my question and sharing your thoughts on this. I stand by my point; everyone has their main interest ingame and mine is PVE; I think it's ok to be concerned with ops difficulty.

Also, both of you made the assumption that I'm some kind of pve god that downed all bosses and is bored at the moment. You could not be more mistaken; I've just started MM and have had my share of wiping recently. And yet, I can say that MM is accessible in full 242 gear and even more in 248 gear. Actually, I would probably be in the group that downed the boss last week and will wipe this week if they retune ops. Despite this, I still wish they will retune ops in the near future: even though 258 gear is meant for Gftm MM, it's not like you could only obtain it while doing Gftm VM (an option I find desirable, along with a non-availability of 258 gear in pvp)

I don't think content should be easier with time and especially not MM mode; why have three different difficulty modes if everyone can do it just because of gear ? I believe MM was meant for those who want to try hard and I regret that it will become more accessible. And yes, I don't intend to grind 258 gear but that is a personal choice and I cannot force my guild mates to follow.

Thank you Eloi for answering my question and sharing your thoughts on this. I stand by my point; everyone has their main interest ingame and mine is PVE; I think it's ok to be concerned with ops difficulty.

Also, both of you made the assumption that I'm some kind of pve god that downed all bosses and is bored at the moment. You could not be more mistaken; I've just started MM and have had my share of wiping recently. And yet, I can say that MM is accessible in full 242 gear and even more in 248 gear. Actually, I would probably be in the group that downed the boss last week and will wipe this week if they retune ops. Despite this, I still wish they will retune ops in the near future: even though 258 gear is meant for Gftm MM, it's not like you could only obtain it while doing Gftm VM (an option I find desirable, along with a non-availability of 258 gear in pvp)

I don't think content should be easier with time and especially not MM mode; why have three different difficulty modes if everyone can do it just because of gear ? I believe MM was meant for those who want to try hard and I regret that it will become more accessible. And yes, I don't intend to grind 258 gear but that is a personal choice and I cannot force my guild mates to follow.

Oh I didn't assume you were some kind of PVE god, you wouldn't be posting in SW discussion if you were a very experienced player. Yes, quite a few MM bosses are accessible in 242 gear, but some apex bosses aren't (I'm sure some people would gladly prove me wrong, but people that would be able to do that are people that have done timed runs more times that they can count).

Also I want to appease your concerns, 258 gear won't change the fact that the great majority of players won't be able to clear MM operations. Back in 3.0, everyone overlevelled and overgeared every operation (except Ravs and ToS) and even then, only a small part of the players were able to kill MM Brontes. Yes, a lot of VM players were getting MM kills, but still.

I'm sorry if after 5.10 is released a bunch of players in your group get a lot of gear and everything is easier than you would like it to be. Mechanics will still be the hardest part of the bosses though, new gear will only allow slightly less optimal play, and you can lose a GCD here and there and still do enough DPS. In my experience, a new tier of gear doesn't really change which players are able to do or not do bosses, it just allows players to progress faster, which can then allow them to do the new content (MM gods) faster.

Anyhow if you don't agree that bosses should become a bit easier through an expansion cycle then I guess you won't agree with my points anyway, but wanted to add those points anyway. Have fun progging through MM, there are a lot of very fun bosses along the way, and even more repair costs than you can imagine.