Did they break BH arsenal merc?

Ansalem

I started using a rank 27 barrel last night and noticed some fishy parsing going on...been testing all morning switching between rank 26 and rank 27 barrels and have some interesting results. Here I will share a few 2 min parses and you guys can check it out but it almost seems like my HSM is hitting way harder w/ rank 26 barrel compared to rank 27 barrel though my UL are slightly higher with rank 27...anyways here are links

Rank 26 barrel parses are the first 3...rank 27 are the final 2...

http://www.torparse.com/a/27628

Also, after some very sub par parses this morning...only about 1600dps...I switched back to 100% accuracy and it seems to have slightly corrected my dps loss on morning parses. I was chatting with another merc though about hitting the min/max numbers of 285acc,235acc,285 surge and I'm going to test with that as well. Will update with parse, but I need lunch first:P

With the amount of broken stuff with mercs from patch I wouldn't be surprised if they messed up our barrels too:P I mean we already have 3/6 unload shots sometimes 4/6 as it will only do the final offhand shot right now. then the debuffs not giving UL the proper dmg it should be getting. Then tack on RS dmg being completely eratic as well as the 4 pc set bonus being a 50 50 shot if its going to even work for your heat Im surprised more people arent getting random parsing like me. I was tossing up 1950-2k parses before I 'upgraded' 2 mods and my barrel. I just wish bioware would fix stuff

I started using a rank 27 barrel last night and noticed some fishy parsing going on...been testing all morning switching between rank 26 and rank 27 barrels and have some interesting results. Here I will share a few 2 min parses and you guys can check it out but it almost seems like my HSM is hitting way harder w/ rank 26 barrel compared to rank 27 barrel though my UL are slightly higher with rank 27...anyways here are links

Rank 26 barrel parses are the first 3...rank 27 are the final 2...

http://www.torparse.com/a/27628

I don't see the loss, i see a clear improvement:

run with barrel 26: 1863.59; 1710.32; 1690.38. Mean: 1754.76

run with barrel 27: 1845.54; 1856.43 . Mean: 1850.99

looking at the mean dps you gained almost 100 dps (+5.70%)

but 2 mins are too few, you should try with 5 mins runs.

yeah Ive done some 5 min runs and used different set ups bouncing between the 285 acc, 235 crit, 285 setup and a 100% acc setup and one where I drop acc to 98.52% but boost my crit mult up to 77.42%. the acc/crit build is spikey as hell Im getting parses from 1600-1900...the 100% acc build is giving me something a bit more consistent at around 1750-1850...the 98.52% acc +77.42% crit mult build is slightly off giving me 1775-1875 parses, but all these parses are under what I was doing before the patch. It's frustrating to see that I have upgraded 2 barrels 2 mods and 3 armorings and seen my dps go down.

As it stands right now the most noticeable breaks bioware did to us with the latest patch are as follows.

#1 Unload is not fully functioning for dual wielders. I am either getting 4/6 shots or sometimes on rare occassions it is actually giving me the full shots but its very very rare. so 2 of my offhand shots aren't even happening on most uses.

#2 Barrage proc does not seem to be giving the 25% boost to Unload when it procs anymore. As a result I have seen my max hit unloads drop from just under 4.2k crits to around 3.8k...though occassionally it actually does seem to work as every now and then I get a 4.1-4.2k crit but not nearly as often as I used to.

#3 Tracer lock does not seem to be giving the dmg boost to rail shot everytime...again the dmg is all over the place with this one as I have seen rail shots range anywhere from a 3.3k crit to a 4.9k crit (I might be hitting a DR here from having slightly elevated surge but still testing).

#4 Our 4 piece set bonus that reduces heat cost of rail shot by 8 does not seem to be working (maybe 50% of the time but thats being generous). As a result I am now having heat issues during my rotation and having to use more rapid shots to prevent overheating. As a result of this my dps is of course dropping.

Now for 2-4 I could just be getting some nutty RNG issues, but its becoming clear the more I test that stuff is broken. All these dmg results posted are from self testing on an operations dummy in my ship.

Above post is 100% correct

Tested & noticed all during 10 5m parses and during PVE encounters.

I've lost a good 200dps on ops dummy vs 1.3 and that's with 1 hazmat implant, 5 agile 27 mods & 2 initiative 27 enchancements replacing 26's.

98.89% accuracy vs 100.24%

999 power vs 1020

21 more aim

Surge same

Crit same minus tiny main stat boost from added 21.

I'm just wondering if the devs are ever going to acknowledge that there is a problem with the merc skills/talents. It seems like when they went to fix unload for single gun wielding powertechs that they broke everything for the dual wielders. Please can a dev respond to this thread and give us a heads up?

Dominion, They didn't pay attention to my warnings on the PTS in the PTS forums. They didn't pay attention to my bug reports both on the PTS, nor on live, and didn't pay attention to any of the other 10 threads we've made regarding the exact issues you mentioned.

Sadly, while I know we don't get along, but i think we can both agree something is definately off. However, given you tend to run more or less at the same level as i, i do have to ask if you noticed from reading the actual parses, that it's the second mainhand shot of unload that is not receiving the correct damage modifications as the 1st and 3rd.

Accuracy definately appears to have an issue, as while none of my tech attacks miss, at 98.35 i actually have had MH Unload shots miss on both trash and boss fights.

Due to overall bugginess as previously mentioned, i fear i cannot obtain any sort of an accurate count to the affect on my overall dps. As mentioned, with the railshot issue to both damage and not being a "free" ability, and the resulting heat issue, it's exceedingly difficult to fall into any sort of a sustainable rotation without the extreme use of rapid shots. The pure randomness really mucks of the parses.

yeah its def a problem with the OH shots. I havent been missing with the mainhand but that 1 OH shot that does go out is a miss about 60% of the time. I don't get what the point of dual wielding is if they are going to give us such low accuracy that even with acc enhancements we can't correct for it. I did notice in last nights HM TFB raid that I wasn't having as bad as a problem with overheating as before but the 4pc bonus is def still broken. I will say this though my unload MH crits were all over the place. I was seeing crits from 3.8k up to just under 4.3k. I think that might be because I have too much surge with my current setup though.

sometimes i crunch numbers on the target dummy. I parse chunks here and there, but I knew the armor was broken on 1.4a. I play this game or much less now due to the lack of population... I saw barrage had a issue, and even thought i might have found some odd combo punch that tracer/powershot would proc barrage more than tracer tracer tracer... but in the long run it really didn't end up to much different. I went back to the "spec" with 285/230ish/285 for acc,crit,surg. I haven't put on any of the tfb hm stuff yet, and I know there is a serious lack of love from the rng is its getting fed the wrong numbers.... I can dps better than most because I am a geared pve merc, but I'm seeing a low spot overall since what I could do before.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/40a79890-c62f-48c2-bb21-5717d65024f5

and yes I do see a bigger problem with heat lately as well in overall play.

I love how biowares only patch fix/patch note was for sweeping blasters...so apparently making us face the right direction on an aoe that is rarely used compared to our other aoes is priority over fixing our 4 pc set bonus that is broken and the problems with unload...though I was noticing offhands hitting but still seems like barrage is not getting the full 25% boost to UL.

Have also noticed a dramatic drop off in dps, almost every ability now hits for a lot less.

yeah Im still experiencing it and Ive upgraded everything but 2 mods now. Starting to wonder if Im hitting some unknown caps. In my current setup though Im going against the norm 285 acc, 235 crit, 285 surge. Instead I have around 240 acc, 170 crit, and 352 surge...my aim is so high atm that Im getting enough of a boost to my crit to bring it above 35% when fully buffed. My aim now tops out around 2433 area when fully buffed and my power is 1111 when fully buffed.

So is anyone aware of a post in which the dev's have acknowledged an issue or is this just going to go on?

I think it is just going to go on. Bioware hasn't said squat about the BH probs or even acknowledged them with the exception of sweeping blasters which really wasnt a big issue. I honestly think they just don't care at this point and expect us to eventually quiet down and just ignore the problems. Unfortunately with biowares complete silence on the issue I fear that we are simply going to see BHs roll alts to play on instead or maybe even quit. Its really dumb that BW is just turning its back on these major issues.

wow I don't know what happened but ever since servers came up this morning my overheating problems have gotten worse. I just did a SM TFB for fun and ended up overheating after 3 or 4 casts everytime even when using TSO...I dont know what bioware has done to mercs in the last month but they are killing me

I am really disappointed by merc as well. It seems like all of the other classes have a certain cool ability that makes them standout. I know that one class of sith can go into stealth mode, I know another sith class can yank your butt across a battlefield, and I know that a lot of classes have good stuns.

Not mercs though! Our only instant stun has been shunted so that you have to be practically right beside somebody to cast it, and the 3-4 second stun does not give you enough time to get away and cast something. We've been nerfed for so long now, I'm starting to think that the lead programmer's ex-girlfriend played a merc and that she cheated on him, and now he just hates all mercs cause we remind him of her. I dunno, but I hate having to tell new players to avoid making a merc at all cost, unless they want to be the butt of ridicule and shame.

Edited by igrabreaker

Highly disappointed at BW's lack of input on this issue. I don't expect a hot fix on the issue, but atleast acknowledge the issue, let us know it will be fixed in the future. I love my BH, but this is getting close to being the last straw.

I think it is just going to go on. Bioware hasn't said squat about the BH probs or even acknowledged them with the exception of sweeping blasters which really wasnt a big issue. I honestly think they just don't care at this point and expect us to eventually quiet down and just ignore the problems. Unfortunately with biowares complete silence on the issue I fear that we are simply going to see BHs roll alts to play on instead or maybe even quit. Its really dumb that BW is just turning its back on these major issues.

Sadly this is exactly what happened to concealment operatives.

"I" complained loudly about the nerf's with noone supporting me in that effort.

Now after the nerf's everyone who is concealment is complaining.

Still the class is broken. Damage nerf's aside.

There are other mechanics broken on concealment operatives. Such as our crit chance frequency isn't even remotely close to what the stats page tells us.

Guess what here it is months later and still not fixed.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the fix to your class.

BH's are a minority compared to the glowstick community whom makes this game possible.

The difference between you BH's vs us concealements... we are a minority compared to everyone. So who knows maybe they'll listen to you guys before they ever listen to us.

Good Luck with that. Let me know how it works.

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately we are unable to process bug reports which are submitted here on the Forum. If you do encounter an issue which you do believe to be a bug, a report for such can be submitted in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

1. You can report the bug from within the game by clicking on the "?" icon at the top of your screen or by typing ctrl+/ and creating a bug ticket.

To create a bug ticket you should select the following options once you’ve opened the Help Center:
    Click on Request Help – then click on Create Ticket. On the pop-up that appears, please select the Bug Report Category.

Please note that this category should only be used to report bugs and not to report a serious problem that is stopping you from progressing in the game.

In order for us to be able to identify the issue causing the bug we would ask for you to provide as much of the following information as possible in the report:
    • Client language (ie French/German/English)
    • Server (ie Cosmic Turbine / Darth Malak)
    • Planet/Area Name (Taris/ Nar Shaddaa)
    • Coordinates (e.g. X: 23 Y: -175 Z: 200, you can get these by mousing over the arrow representing your character on the minimap)
    • Character Name and Account Handle (Camaron, Camaronepixxx)
    • Character Level / Class / Advanced class (Level 14, Sith Warrior, Juggernaut)
    • Mission Name ( Gree: Hydro Supply)
    • Mission Stage (the mission text for the step you are currently on)
    • Active Companion (Vette)
    • Description of the bug.

[*]You can also report bugs via email to support@swtor.com – and you can include a screenshot (if applicable) with your mail. For email reports we ask that you provide the same level of detail as outlined above.

Whichever method you do choose, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Thank you once again for your understanding.

Found this in another post about BH's, this was the moderators response to players listing the known issues in the forums, so maybe try this, who knows.

wow I don't know what happened but ever since servers came up this morning my overheating problems have gotten worse. I just did a SM TFB for fun and ended up overheating after 3 or 4 casts everytime even when using TSO...I dont know what bioware has done to mercs in the last month but they are killing me

Did you accidently turn off your cylinder? I've done that and it kills your heat.

On topic, I haven't noticed anything different.

Did you accidently turn off your cylinder? I've done that and it kills your heat.

On topic, I haven't noticed anything different.

no, I had the appropriate cylinder on...still getting heating issues. Im currently running 300 acc rating, 217 crit rating, and 300 surge rating w/ 2450 aim and 1080 power. Overheating so much and my parses are dropping.

Found this in another post about BH's, this was the moderators response to players listing the known issues in the forums, so maybe try this, who knows.

My Mercenaries have noted a drop in ability and damage, hence survivability and I informed EA/SWTOR what I found.

I've gotten a lot of their "canned" messages that tell me to make sure I post on the forum.

Classic run around.

Thanks EA

BioWare is dead and just a rubber stamp logo for the EA machine. Check the timelines of BW founders giving EA notice, then the massive layoffs (some "the usual" for game development) with some (we never learned all the people) key SWTOR figures, then the progression of bad nerf mechanics and reintroduction of BETA bugs and play that had previously been fixed re-released.

EA sports is noted for re-skinning old games and selling them as if they were actually new. I see future "new" races, but no knowledgeable class mechanics (except for melee/sports types).

Edited by deucexmachina