Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

DarthMaulUK

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I run into a disgruntled player, I try letting them know that I think their hair looks good.

I have been doing my dailies faithfully for quite some time. I am about 30 commendations short of my third rakata piece. I have also been waiting for dual spec, so I have been saving up the mods, enhancements for when that may happen so I can create a dps set.

Had a new guy run with us in a normal operation and he had some very low level mods etc in his gear. I gave him all of my mods, enhancements and armor (6 of everything) so he was better geared for the encounter. To sell this on the GTN I could easily get 80k a piece if not more.

I have given someone 100k, helped with the usual class quests when some ask for help and even gave 500k to one lucky winner! Yes, 500k!

So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.

Family and friends don’t count.

Nicest thing I have ever done for a random player?

Well, I have done quite a few flashpoints that I was way over level for and had zero need of myself ( just stood back and healed them occasionally so they could complete it ) for young characters.

Usually that kind of thing, I will join them for something they are having difficulty with, even though I gain nothing from it.

Family and friends don’t count.

Nicest thing I have ever done for a random player?

Well, I have done quite a few flashpoints that I was way over level for and had zero need of myself ( just stood back and healed them occasionally so they could complete it ) for young characters.

Usually that kind of thing, I will join them for something they are having difficulty with, even though I gain nothing from it.

I've done this, as well as helped with class stories when I see someone asking for help. I've also given people I've met gear or mods, and occasionally credits. And I'm usually happy to share any knowledge I have on the game with newer players.

Mostly it depends if I'm busy or already grouped with others and on the attitude of the player looking for help.

I will say I give nothing to beggers or annoying spammers.

When I was datacron hunting on my powertech, one time I grabbed a datacron in Taris that was on an overhang, and there was someone questing below so I asked him if he had the datacron. He said no, so I challenged him to a duel and then grappled him up to the datacron.

I gave someone a rez once.. but only after I watched them die, because they should have ran instead of standing their fighting 10 mobs.

Oh, and when you do something nice for someone else... you're not supposed to tell anyone... you're supposed to keep it a secret. That's what makes it special. ;)

I've done this, as well as helped with class stories when I see someone asking for help. I've also given people I've met gear or mods, and occasionally credits. And I'm usually happy to share any knowledge I have on the game with newer players.

Mostly it depends if I'm busy or already grouped with others and on the attitude of the player looking for help.

Nizzice, you gotta draw the line somewhere's & I do too. I know it's hard for some people to even ask for help, so those begging for it I really got pay attention & ignore thems.

Yeah this thread is a little weird but I'll bite:

Two things: first, on Voss for the Republic, there an area quest where you have to kill this guy and get something off him. Well, even around level 47ish, that guy is incredibly hard to kill. I had to pop all my cooldowns, including the 20 min companion one and I barely got him. After the fight, I noticed another player behind me was waiting so he could go at it. I watched the battle with him and noticed he was going to get ganked by this MOB so I leaped in and helped.

Second, I was grouped with some people doing heroics on Tatootine. We got some roll for a really nice armor piece for T7. I don't use T7 personally but I generally roll greed on most things. This guy asked if he could roll need on it since he used T7 as his main tank, but the timer ran out and I won the roll. So I handed the item to him. I don't think it was that great since I didn't need it anyway but he was grateful *shrug*

i like totally, gave a noob 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 credits out of the goodness of my hearts.

/end sarcasm

Exactly :)

I have given away gear I cannot use, this is not just greens or blues but mod gear and purples. I aid players in heroics, rez them when I find them dead, help them along in ordinary quests. Guildies...if they need something and I have it, its theirs.

I do not charge my guildmates for anything...its just part of doing the right thing for your people. I do this sort of thing because its just in my nature to do it. Anything in this game can in some way be replaced. Perhaps not exact in its type but I am willing to bet my sizable arse there will always be something better.:wea_01:

My gaming day is not complete without passing a hug to another player.

So I set out into the galaxy, stop by a planet, usually Tatooine or Alderaan, and search for a friendly Sith much lower in level than I am. I give them a friendly shove, point my Assault Cannon to their head's and shoot :).

While they lay on the floor, I bend down with a smile on their face :):), and give them a huge hug! It is hard to find others in this game with such kind hearts so I like to let them know I care.

Edited by DjSnazzyduds

Before I really had a guild or anything, I was on Taris trying to do the 2 person Datacron. I sat asking if anyone wanted to get it for over an hour, with no response. Even had 2 people run by questing there that just ignored me asking them nicely if they would like to get the datacron or at least press the button for me.

Finally I got a tell from some guy, really low level, just got to Taris, was new to the game and MMOs in general, who said he'd come help if he could, although he knew nothing about the zone or datacrons. so I led him to the datacron from the start of zone, stopped by all the speeder paths for him, then we both got the datacron. After I left and got back to the fleet I sent him the money needed for a speeder and license, and told him to save it until 25 for those.

today, while loitering on Ilum, eating my breakfast with my Republic Trooper, I got to see three Imperials go after the 'Force Ghost' on Ilum ....

it was a long fight, but the ghost eventually killed all three of them and had about 5-10% of its health left.

So, I decided to jump and attack the Ghost before he reset, and after he P'wnd my companion and got me down to next to nothing, I finally killed him...The Imerial group stayed put while I went after him, I suppose to see if I could actually pull it off solo.

When the group rezz'ed I asked if they got credit for it, they said that they in fact 'did' :).

happy day.... Republic/Imperial relations improved slightly...if only for a moment.

Edited by ArtMonster

So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.

I don't really have the creds to spare as I'm currently saving for crystals, but I tend to do nice things for people all the time, whether it's something as small as just answering a question someone asks in general chat or lending a hand with a mission someone can't complete solo even though I don't have it. Heck yesterday I helped a lower level Mercenary get a datacron in an elite area, guarded by a Champion level mob on Belsavis (I'm on the Republic side, a Jedi Guardian). I saw him running out being chased, figured he was after the datacron and so I followed him, said follow me in /say and cleared the area so he could get it. You don't need big gestures to be a helpful player, I'm a firm believer in trying to do something nice for somebody every day. Not only will they be grateful and happy, but you'll feel good about helping out. :-)

I ran into an obviously new to MMO's player on one of the starter planets so I offered to help him with quests and logged into my bank to give him credits. When I logged back in he was demanding that I 'hurry up' I immediately decided to only give him 100 credits instead of 1000. I'm nice but I'm not a doormat.

When I quit wow for this game I gave away all my gold to my guild.

I just would comment that there are a lot of good people playing this game. I have been on both sides of the aisle; helped other players and offered them gear that I could not use and have other players do the same for me.

Yesterday I logged on for my wife while she was finishing up something (I was already logged onto my rig) and had a player run by, stop and ask me if I could use a specific piece of gear. I answered yes and a trade box appeared. I got the gear and then he just ran off and into an instance. I won't name him, but do hope that we run into him again - he deserves the bow that he did not wait for.

To those positive helpful players out there - you make a big difference.:)