Why pvp is balanced

cupofwater

Tell me a certain class that cannot succeed in pvp and I will tell you how they can and how they have.

I have yet to see one class that cannot dominate a pvp game

depending on the player playing it.

Learn to play your classes role and you will help your team succeed. Hitting top damage doesn't mean you are helping your team win in WZs or helping your team at all.

Edited by cupofwater

Concealment Operative

As in helping your team not running around opening on random baddies who are out of position.

Also make sure you also explain how a Sith Assassin will not fill the role you state and do it just as well, if not better.

Medicine Operative

State how they are superior to Sorcerer in PvP.

Edited by Howbadisbad

5 republic defenders vs 8 empire guild Premades as attackers in Voidstar--all night long.

Dominated.

Each class has their own merits, granted, but imo pvp needs # balance before starting :p

As a republic player, you can have much more chemistry with your team overall, teams with a few trooper healers, sage healers, sentinels can dominate pvp WZs. I have seen some awesome troopers/counselors/sentinels on my server that can dominate pvp.

Sorry your server lacks the numbers for full pvp but look at it this way... you can have 8 man premades with the lacks of other republics queueing up

All the classes are balanced. But each class has their weaknesses.

Sith Sorcerers will get PWNED ALL DAY by Operatives. Sorcerers are strong vs. Sith Warriors though. (at least thats what ive seen)

The classes are great and i love them. EA has made a great game with balanced classes, fair pvp, and a great storyline. so, in otherwords, there is NO best class.

All the classes are balanced. But each class has their weaknesses.

Sith Sorcerers will get PWNED ALL DAY by Operatives. Sorcerers are strong vs. Sith Warriors though. (at least thats what ive seen)

The classes are great and i love them. EA has made a great game with balanced classes, fair pvp, and a great storyline. so, in otherwords, there is NO best class.

If Sorcs are getting pwned by Operatives then the Sorcs are bad/doingitwrong.

Concealment Operative

As in helping your team not running around opening on random baddies who are out of position.

Also make sure you also explain how a Sith Assassin will not fill the role you state and do it just as well, if not better.

Medicine Operative

if only.

Class balance is fine, wz design is bad. Everyone knows that by now. A class that has knockback is 43957639576924385245 times better than any other class in huttball. Easy stuff to comprehent. Edited by gtdead

Concealment Operative

Medicine Operative

Sorry but I have seen a number of successful operatives in pvp even after the "nerf". They can still dominate 1v1s and now have a longer stun combo with the reduction of stuns to resolve bar. The role of an operative isn't to be tanking on 3 people and face rolling keyboard but to stun and take out important opponents (healers, sorcs aoeing groups of people, ect.)

Sith Assassin's as tank spec paired with a healer can dominate warzones. As Dps even at the lower lvls they can hit 3k damage, I have seen assassins basically melt players in seconds with the amount of damage they can reach.

Some of the best pvpers on my server are assassins, one of my guildies as a tanksin hit 300k damage today which as a tank seems very OP not including his ability to guard other (key) players, and overall survival abilities as a tank.

Comparison between Operative heals and sorc healers is like comparing apples and oranges, sorc will always do more overall healing because they have a controllable AOE they can throw on certain pvp hotspots. Operatives themselves have vanish, evasion, abilities to keep themselves much more low key then the sorc with the giant bubble around himself. They also have stronger single target heals with the ability to never run out of energy. Even as heals, the operative can still do decent damage and has stuns available

Edited by cupofwater

Tell me a certain class that cannot succeed in pvp and I will tell you how they can and how they have.

I have yet to see one class that cannot dominate a pvp game

depending on the player playing it.

Learn to play your classes role and you will help your team succeed. Hitting top damage doesn't mean you are helping your team win in WZs or helping your team at all.

well then put equially skilled player vs equially player skilled player to play to classes.... of course both should be good skilled and not noobs...thats how we find issues

everyclass can dominate noobs....

Sorry but I have seen a number of successful operatives in pvp even after the "nerf". They can still dominate 1v1s and now have a longer stun combo with the reduction of stuns to resolve bar.

Sith Assassin's as tank spec paired with a healer can dominate warzones. As Dps even at the lower lvls they can hit 3k damage, I have seen assassins basically melt players in seconds with the amount of damage they can reach.

Some of the best pvpers on my server are assassins, one of my guildies as a tanksin hit 300k damage today which as a tank seems very OP not including his ability to guard other (key) players, and overall survival abilities as a tank.

Comparison between Operative heals and sorc healers is like comparing apples and oranges, sorc will always do more overall healing because they have a controllable AOE they can throw on certain pvp hotspots. Operatives themselves have vanish, evasion, abilities to keep themselves much more low key then the sorc with the giant bubble around himself. They also have stronger single target heals with the ability to never run out of energy. Even as heals, the operative can still do decent damage and has stuns available

Thanks for failing to provide how either spec is balanced. You just told me how Sorc and Assassin were superior.

That is not balance.

If Sorcs are getting pwned by Operatives then the Sorcs are bad/doingitwrong.

Or the Operative is bad...

Fight between sorc and operative is pretty balanced with a slight advantage to the operative.

If the sorc has no cooldowns an operative can quickly take out a sorc on the battlefield, the Operative can choose when to attack the sorc providing a huge advantage with stealth and waiting for the right moment.

Thanks for failing to provide how either spec is balanced. You just told me how Sorc and Assassin were superior.

That is not balance.

I told you how each class can succeed,

Sorry you failed to read the meaning behind my post.

Operatives succeed in there own way by taking out key players, and able to control 1v1 scenarios. They can also reach much higher damage numbers then assassins consistently

Edited by cupofwater

Or the Operative is bad...

Fight between sorc and operative is pretty balanced with a slight advantage to the operative.

If the sorc has no cooldowns an operative can quickly take out a sorc on the battlefield, the Operative can choose when to attack the sorc providing a huge advantage with stealth and waiting for the right moment.

Sorc CCs Operative after his opener is done with lolnado or some other one of their numerous CCs.

Walks away and heals/bubbles

Then proceeds to kite the operative

Op vanishes to re open since he is permaslowed and can't get near the Sorc

Most of his damage is once again mitigated by bubble or he is knocked out of stealth due to DOTs

Repeat process until Operative is dead

I told you how each class can succeed,

Sorry you failed to read the meaning behind my post.

Operatives succeed in there own way by taking out key players, and able to control 1v1 scenarios. They can also reach much higher damage numbers then assassins consistently

Assassins already take up this role and preform it better...

Assassins have more sustained damage output than Operatives on one target.

Higher damage numbers do not mean much when the time between hits is larger.

Sorc CCs Operative after his opener is done with lolnado or some other one of their numerous CCs.

Walks away and heals/bubbles

Then proceeds to kite the operative

Op vanishes to re open since he is permaslowed and can't get near the Sorc

Most of his damage is once again mitigated by bubble or he is knocked out of stealth due to DOTs

Repeat process until Operative is dead

Good Operative:

Knocks sorc down

Starts rolling keyboard, doing insane burst damage.

Sorc CC's operative, Operative breaks cc or waits out the small CC timer

Stuns sorc and starts doing insane burst damage yet again.

A person's ability to "succeed" with a class in a team-based PvP system against other players of varying skill and gear levels does not make that said class "balanced."

The word succeed is incredibly vague and subjective, and as such, it can be twisted and redefined such that all classes could "succeed" irrespective of actual class balance.

Balance should be indicated by a class's ability to perform very specific roles as well as other classes can perform those roles. If one class can perform better than other classes and perform better in a greater number of rolls, than that class is not balanced.

You defended that Operatives can perform well, but if an Assassin can do the same things but better, than Operatives are not balanced. "Succeeding" is irrelevant.

Assassins already take up this role and preform it better...

Assassins have more sustained damage output than Operatives on one target.

Higher damage numbers do not mean much when the time between hits is larger.

Operatives can heal themselves, Assassins cannot.

Operatives opener is much better than Assassins.

PvP is not Black and White.

Two people staring at each other pressing the attack button doesn't define balance in PvP.

Good Operative:

Knocks sorc down

Starts rolling keyboard, doing insane burst damage.

Sorc CC's operative, Operative breaks cc or waits out the small CC timer

Stuns sorc and starts doing insane burst damage yet again.

What you are forgetting here:

-Operatives do not deal insane burst to anyone with equal gear

-Sorc also has a CC breaker and has more than one CC

-Sorc can force sprint to get away without needing to CC Operative

Aside from this, 1v1s rarely ever happen in warzones unless you are opening on bads who are out of position. 1v1s do not win WZs either, Operatives can't contribute anything to the team that another class already does just as well, if not better.