Defeating Ship Security Droid in KOTFE Chapter 15

I'm trying to defeat the droid in KOTFE Chapter 15 but keep getting defeated over and over again. How I can I defeat that stupid droid for good?

If that's the dark-grey skytrooper that does the laser field thing, since we can't lie on the floor like Lana does:

* Beforehand, take the shields and stuff instead of the turrets.

* Gather all the shields you can carry.

* Use the shields when he does the laser field thing. They reflect the laser field damage back at him.

* When he charges the cross-shaped yellow zone, get out of the zone before he lets rip.

In KOTFE Chapter 15, if you recall/don't recall, our character is with SCORPIO and get separated from the others. There is a Ship Defense Droid that has the blast thing that knocks you down and all the skytroopers. I can't seem to defeat that droid and keep getting defeated every time. I can't seem to dodge it long enough without getting attacked and defeated. Is there a way to defeat it without being defeated constantly?

In KOTFE Chapter 15, if you recall/don't recall, our character is with SCORPIO and get separated from the others. There is a Ship Defense Droid that has the blast thing that knocks you down and all the skytroopers. I can't seem to defeat that droid and keep getting defeated every time. I can't seem to dodge it long enough without getting attacked and defeated. Is there a way to defeat it without being defeated constantly?

Argh. Oops, yes, sorry. Got them mixed up. (Keep hold of what I said, but for Chapter XVI.)

The answer to the final question is, of course, "Yes." There is such a thing, but first of all, check to make sure you aren't (unexpectedly / unwantedly) in Veteran or Master mode. In those modes, enemies hit a *lot* harder than in Story mode.

Otherwise, make sure to rank up SCORPIO's Influence a bit by giving her appropriate gifts, and make sure she's set to heal mode unless you are a healer. Make sure your gear is up to scratch in all fourteen pieces(1) and that you have correctly configured your Utility abilities in the "K" panel (where you set your Discipline).

Kill the loose ordinary Skytroopers that are around, don't "stand in stupid"(2), use defensive cooldown abilities, especially any flavour of reflect-o-bubble that you might have (Saber Ward, etc.). If you have your own healing abilities (Sage/Sorc, Commando/Mercenary, Scoundrel/Operative), use them.

(1) There isn't a hard number I can give, because it depends strongly on how well you play - the toppest of the top players (which I am not one of) can do it in lower gear than the rest of us, for example - but the general rule is "higher is better, always".

(2) A standard, if slightly rude, way of saying that you should get out of enemy area-of-effect attack zones, for preference *before* the attack hits them, but in any case get out as soon as possible if you miss the opportunity.

Now I have to defeat the Skytrooper Construction again (reset itself when I changed to MM and reset because defeating the Gemini Captain was too hard). How do I do that. I keep getting knocked don/back and the last time I defeated that vicious monster was pure luck and chance.

Never mind, just sent this question/message to another post.

Edited by OrionTi

• 5 months later...
The answer to the final question is, of course, "Yes." There is such a thing, but...

Checked and checked again. SCORPIO is on heals, I have top of the line medpacks and gear. STILL can't seem to beat the droid before it kills me. :mad: Should I cut out and go buy gifts for SCORPIO? :sy_backpack: That seems like a ridiculous fix.

So is my toon just a throw-away now? Do others here have a toon who's stuck and there's nothing they can do about it?

Having a super-stuck moment and it makes me sad :sad:

Checked and checked again. SCORPIO is on heals, I have top of the line medpacks and gear. STILL can't seem to beat the droid before it kills me. :mad: Should I cut out and go buy gifts for SCORPIO? :sy_backpack: That seems like a ridiculous fix.

So is my toon just a throw-away now? Do others here have a toon who's stuck and there's nothing they can do about it?

Are you *sure* you're doing the chapter in Story Mode? In Veteran, enemies hit a *lot* harder than in Story, and doubly so in Master.

Do you have all your skills on your UI?

I ask because there's one guy who said he can't beat two gold Zakuul knights, it took a bit of time, but I finally found out why: he used the minimalist UI so he only have 4 or 5 basic skills. I was surprised he managed that far.

I did chapter 15 in story mode with my new toon on a new server last week or so, no fancy end game stuffs, he was lv75 with gear 260 or 270 something (no purple gear yet), the droid fight shouldn't be too annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up going to the GTN and purchasing a $#!t ton of gifts for SCORPIO. This finally worked, we defeated the droid and skytroupers. Then she died a few scenes later. What a f'ing waste.

NOW I'm shooting out these big round nodes and defeating the little repair droids. Too bad I got gassed out with no where to escape to. When my toon died, I just camped her out in our stronghold.

Tell me, my dear SWTOR Devs.... Why am I paying an MMORP game and have to suffer solo story lines? Shouldn't solo missions be a choice? I may as well go fire-up the PS4.

Isn't the point of this whole thing to play with others?

Spent a good amount of $$ on this game. Will need to think twice before I do that again. :mon_trap: