Male or Female?

Rohawk

Hi,

During the beta I played as a Shadow so the story wouldn't be ruined for myself when I play the full game.

I played as a Male Shadow and found myself disliking the look of the armor on the character, it just didn't seem to look as good when compared to a female shadow.

So for those who have played as an inquistitor in the beta/full game: What gender do you prefer? How does the voice acting compare? Does the armor on the Empire side of things look better on a particular gender?

Of course this is all personal preference, I'd just like to hear your views.

Thanks!

I have played a female Jedi Consular and a female Sith Inquisitor, and I find the voice acting and armour choices to be much better as the Sith Inquisitor. There was a PvP robe in beta for a Consular Sage that is best described as a dirty potato.

Having seen the male Jedi, I can tell you that the darkness and edginess of the male Sith is superior if you are looking for that sort of thing. The stories are more polarized and intriguing.

Seeing as you're essentially forced to wear a dress after level 10, unless you decide to mod some Social Clothes, may as well make a female.

I've never been able to take male characters wearing a dress in MMOs very seriously.

And, yes. The female JC voice actress is horrible. A huge blight on the overall solid voice work in this game. It's crazy how agonizingly bad voice acting can make you completely turned off from playing a character.

Republic, as a whole, get the shaft style wise. The JK Companion Kira put it best when she remarked all the fashion designers must have defected to the Empire (she really says this). :p

Edited by revial

Bioware has done a really good job at immersing you into the story and making you think you are your character. The only question you need to ask yourself is

Who do you want to flirt with? Men or Women?

If you want to flirt with men go female.

If you want to flirt with women go male.

Bioware has done a really good job at immersing you into the story and making you think you are your character. The only question you need to ask yourself is

Who do you want to flirt with? Men or Women?

If you want to flirt with men go female.

If you want to flirt with women go male.

Don't forget SGRA incomming down the road, where that shouldn't matter as much.

I'm not really planning on doing any of the romance options with my Inquisitor. Frankly I don't think a sith lord would want an relationship, it would feel a little out of place in my opinion.

I've been listening to some snippets on youtube of the voice acting for both male and female, and I must say that they both sound superb. Bioware really did do a good job for this class.

Currently I am edging towards female just because I know that the robes on the male characters will just always annoy me. Some of my friends don't mind it, but for some reason I just think it looks strange.

Thanks for the replies, has been useful!

Edited by Rohawk

• 1 year later...
I love the voice acting for sith woman. I would have to say I don't really care for the males though they do seem to have more romantic interest opportunities. Also love vetas voice actor but cant stand female goody jedi voice actor not sure why. :p

I love the voice acting for sith woman. I would have to say I don't really care for the males though they do seem to have more romantic interest opportunities. Also love vetas voice actor but cant stand female goody jedi voice actor not sure why. :p

I would imagine the op has made up there mind since this was posted in 2011 lol

I have 8 toons right now. Only 2 are female. My inquisitor being one of them. About the only reason to roll a male inquisitor is to romance Ashara if you really, really want too. Not the worst person to romance, but if your a DS Inquisitor, the story doesn't really make a whole lot of sense between you and the Ashara. That having been said, I'm going to say that the voice acting is a lot better on the female inquisitor, and the armor looks better on the female inquisitor as well. In fact the only downside to the female inquisitor is her romance option (Andronikos) sucks. Which as a male player, playing a female toon, (weird enough for me already) I have no problem not shacking up with a male npc. However if you're a chick playing the game, and you want that for your character, don't say I didn't warn you about him being a complete joke of a romance partner.

Female SI voice acting is just drop dead sexy, it's what sold me on rolling my Assassin first. If you're a straight guy and the flirt options won't ruin the immersion for you, I'd highly recommend female.

All you gotta' do then is pretend you're the NPC and not the PC. ;)