Community Q&A: June 1st, 2012

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Screw you, Artificers" is all I gleaned from that.

Yup. That is exactly correct. Just shows how clueless they are. We will continue to listen to the community my butt hole! They have never listened to the to the community because they're all about Hubris. They don't seem to have a single design lead that knows crap about how to make crafting fun and viable. What *****.

Pretty close. I don't get how they think it will be viable when you can't make anything top end or consumable. I get Artifice is suppose to the be make low level crap for alts profession?

Very disappointing in how useless this profession is going to be to me, and stupidly my primary alt profession is Cybertech, so double hosed.

This. There's some serious disconnect going on down there...

P.S. Does anyone even yet understand the reason for the pre-1.2 crystal vendor's existence? lol I mean... seriously... just remove the tradeskill already.

Edited by Polebreaker

Interesting Hutts taking over the GTN

my thought exactly.

I am really excited about -all- the GTN Kiosks being neutral. (More than likely due to the fact that I'm playing on a dying server and the pub faction's GTN is all but empty. Being able to access the larger Imp sellers for mats would open doors and less hassle in trying to find a buyer for certain goods.

plus It actually might make the Legacy GTN worth something xD

edit: the post below me had a good point about artifice and made me take back my statement about artifice. Not perfect, but options are there.

Edited by Voren_Kurn

Pretty close. I don't get how they think it will be viable when you can't make anything top end or consumable. I get Artifice is suppose to the be make low level crap for alts profession?

Very disappointing in how useless this profession is going to be to me, and stupidly my primary alt profession is Cybertech, so double hosed.

What about mods? I've seen several mods show up on the GTN of higher quality. Most likely RE'd from endgame mods (unless they're drops from ops, I'm not sure as I don't do ops at the moment). Also I recently had to replace a relic after realizing mine wasn't quite BIS, and was able to RE it and can now craft a campaign relic to sell on the GTN. The one that I made so far made me an easy 1 million creds.

Not saying it's perfect, but we do have options.

So what's in it for say crafters for other professions than Armstech, Armormech and Synthweaving?

Insomniel: Is it possible to make tiny adjustments to crafting dialog? Namely, could you save schematics filter settings per character or even per account - I like my schematics sorted by level and it is rather irritating to sort them this way almost every time I open the dialog after changing locations or relogging. It would also be nice to start with collapsed schematics trees .

Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer): This is a good idea. I will pass it on to the GUI team.

Is that for real? You did not think about it before?

BTW did you ever read the suggestion forums or the PTS ones because this has been mentioned quite a few times.

Do you even play your game? After 10 minutes of crafting you want this and more type of items filters and have the crew window stay open event if you send a companion crafting and have the crew UI remembers which crafting level was open last time and open more than one crafting window at once and display the owned credits in the crafting window and filter crew missions by type and queue needed mats for the crew skill vendor and set crafting mats automatically in a separate bag and much much more. You can't seriously be that clueless!

Hopefully it's just missing some important context here. Otherwise we are doomed.

Edited by Deewe

I found this Q&A to be pretty interesting. Glad to hear that the Hutts are finally taking control of the GTN! The only thing that has me concerned is "a proper incentive system for defeating players in open world PvP." Its been my experience that people on PvP servers need very little incentive to kill each other in open world PvP, what they need at end level is a place and reason to be there. In my opinion most PvP player killing incentives encourage "griefing" and camping more than epic battles.

Side note: In my opinion, the big failures of Illum were that there was no time frame for the battle, there was no forced population balancing, and there wasn't enough of a reason to be there. Time constraints put pressure on players to take objectives. Population balancing levels the playing ground on unbalanced servers. Reasons to be there after the battle give players a greater incentive to win (example: have location for daily quests or operations only be available to the winning factions).

David Hunt (Systems Designer): While the initial endgame schematics were all bound, that hasn’t carried over to some of the newer endgame crafted items. In Game Update 1.2, there are many reverse engineering schematics that are not bound. In general, we’re opening the restrictions on some of these kinds of distribution channels. There are some changes in Game Update 1.3 that impact the interactions between Biochem and PvP, and you can expect more general changes to level out crafting skill viability in future game updates.

Highlighted the interesting part: and why is that? A buff or a medpac is a buff or a medpac. If someone chooses biochem, then it passes on other "great and special crew skills". Why would they MUST use the PvP stuff? Or why is it tampered to begin with?

Oh, and don`t forget to add features to Legacy.. like share operations gear, for 100 mils in the future... . Because it doesn`t look like "convenience" anymore.

Edited by Styxx

Ashivauto: There are quite a few threads on wanting open world PvP and a lot of good ideas on open world PvP content. My question is: are there any plans to implement something that would encourage open world PvP such as faction points for factional items, or planetary control. Maybe even rewards or commendations for open world kills?

Gabe Amantangelo (PvP & Endgame Designer): Yes. We have open world PvP content and incentive systems in the works. We will update you as soon as we can. They will likely come in parts, as opposed to all at once. For example, a proper incentive system for defeating players in open world PvP may come in first.

Somewhat interesting to me. I would have preferred if Gabe had said "getting some of the boys from DaoC's initial development over here to work on some pvp stuff"

That would have given me tons of feel good hope for the pvp situation.

HAHAHAHAHA no cross sever PVP even WITH 1.3?

My god, if this game has 500k subs by the end of June it'll be shocked.

How any of you have kept your jobs is beyond me. You should all be ashamed for ruining what could have been one of the best MMOs ever. I hope you never find work again once EA replaces you with people who can deliver.

You told us cross sever PVP, a seprate que for solo and grouped players, and 8 vs. 8 groups. THREE MONTHS LATTER all we are getting is 8 vs 8 teams? Well, why don't you take a quick pick at your server population.

WE DO NOT NEED 8 VS 8 TEAMS BECAUSE ON EVERY SERVER BUT FATMAN THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY TEAMS WITH MORE THEN 8 PEOPLE. 8 PEOPLE TOTAL ON THE FLEET QUED UP IS A FREAKING EVENT TO BEHOLD, WHY ARE YOU FOCUSING ON THIS FEATURE???????

Edited by lexiekaboom

Why? He's the best bet for a decent open-world PvP if his bosses would just let him do what he does best.

Yeah, because Ilum was such a great design from him and his team...right?! Maybe it wasn't all him, but someone should take the fall for Ilum's utter failure and the removal of ALL open world PvP incentive. PvP has LESS content now than it did at launch.

They could code "incentive" in a flippin day. They haven't yet. Their lack of ANY attention to world PvP is pathetic. Maybe it's his boss, maybe it's him...whatever the case, it's sloppy, lazy and a disorganized mess!

Ashivauto: There are quite a few threads on wanting open world PvP and a lot of good ideas on open world PvP content. My question is: are there any plans to implement something that would encourage open world PvP such as faction points for factional items, or planetary control. Maybe even rewards or commendations for open world kills?

Gabe Amantangelo (PvP & Endgame Designer): Yes. We have open world PvP content and incentive systems in the works. We will update you as soon as we can. They will likely come in parts, as opposed to all at once. For example, a proper incentive system for defeating players in open world PvP may come in first.

Somewhat interesting to me. I would have preferred if Gabe had said "getting some of the boys from DaoC's initial development over here to work on some pvp stuff"

That would have given me tons of feel good hope for the pvp situation.

How is this still "interesting" to you? It's been 5 months and all Gabe has ever said about anything can be summed up as follows;

Player base: We want Pie

Gabe: Yeah I'm totally backing a Pie right now. I hear that you want Pie, and everyone will get Pie.

Players (2 months later): How is that Pie coming along Gabe?

Gabe: Yeah I'm totally backing a Pie right now. I hear that you want Pie, and everyone will get Pie.

Not a SINGLE thing this man has said would make it's way into the game has made it into the game yet. This just more smoke up our collective arses.

Please stop answering the dumbest questions possible. I swear you guy's look for any question that has no relevance to what the actual community as a whole wants to see answered and pick those. No accountability at all. I would really like to know why you guy's weren't the one's fired, because this is seriously utterly and morbidly grotesque.