Loot system woes

I dont know what special person decided on the loot system but its absolutely terrible. while i do understand what bioware/ea was going for i dont wanna see my dps get a marauder gettin a tank weapon when the jugg tank gets a power relic. Let people master loot if they want cause if you master loot lets you pass nothing out.

It only does this on Normal modes because Normal mode is for PUGing and it prevents ninja looters. If your running as a guild, then you should be doing HM anyways.

However, I do think it needs a better gear checker in place. We did this once and it gave me the same belt I already was wearing with the other PT should have gotten it.

Stats like you said, are subjective as a DPS Jugg could very well be using the same weapon as your Marauder, and visa versa. The game can't predict that without massive more work and checking.

Edited by Katalystika

Yeah, I definitely understand what BioWare was going for with this loot system for normal mode, however, it certainly has a big flaw.

I did a normal mode with two sorcerers (me being one of them). I just hit 50, so I'm running this just to hopefully get some low-end 50 gear. The other sorcerer was pretty decked out.

Four sorcerer items dropped.

I got none of them.

He already had every piece that dropped.

Now, I'm not a 'loot whore' whatsoever, but it's pretty absurd that the system would automatically give every one of those pieces to a player who already had them.

It definitely needs to analyze the current item that is held by all potential recipients, and base it off who needs it best. If both players have the same item, then perhaps analyze other pieces of their equipment to determine who needs it most -- OR -- perhaps just institute some sort of auto-roll system if both players have similar equipment.

All I'm trying to say is that there MUST be a better way to accomplish this.

It definitely needs to analyze the current item that is held by all potential recipients, and base it off who needs it best. If both players have the same item, then perhaps analyze other pieces of their equipment to determine who needs it most -- OR -- perhaps just institute some sort of auto-roll system if both players have similar equipment.

And under such a system what would be the use of going back after being geared a bit? Since if items are given to those that 'need' it most it will always end up with the new level 50s or people that simply don't bother getting gear from elsewhere and here we are not even considering players using worse gear then they actually own just to get an edge on the system.

Having the system decide who gets an item based on how much they need it will only serve to discourage the more focused players that actually make an effort to prepare and these are often the ones making the difference between succeeding and failing or even the ones that actually set up the group.

And under such a system what would be the use of going back after being geared a bit? Since if items are given to those that 'need' it most it will always end up with the new level 50s or people that simply don't bother getting gear from elsewhere and here we are not even considering players using worse gear then they actually own just to get an edge on the system.

Having the system decide who gets an item based on how much they need it will only serve to discourage the more focused players that actually make an effort to prepare and these are often the ones making the difference between succeeding and failing or even the ones that actually set up the group.

Dude....it's only for normal mode. I'm not saying that I love the system, but if thats how they want to do it, than as long as thy do it well, I see no serious problem.

The more focused player aren't going to be puging normal mode runs.

Normal is plainly a pug-friendly equivalent to LFR. You might go in at first to grab a few items to prepare for hardmodes, but if you're already geared you have no real reason to go.

I would advocate that a normal mode run that is at least 1/2 guilded together and lead by someone in that guild should be able to turn on master looter, or even just need/greed

i completely agree ! our guild has around 4-5 very geared players that dont need much loot, but because of the loot system in normals, running our less geared players through EV on normal is a crapshoot and finger-crossing afair. Our 4/5 rakkata and columi tank shouldnt have to get random tionese tokens when a new lvl 50 maurader is in the raid.

either make the tokens tradable IN RAID, for around 30 mins, or let us use masterlooter.