Are companions on strike???

DarthNillard

I'm hitting the hotkey for attack to have HK initiate the fights and its putting me into combat, but he just stands there and doens't even shoot.

Ranged comps aren't moving in combat. So if they are too far away from either you or the enemy, they will simply stand there and do nothing.

And melee ones won't run with you sometimes and stand there staring into space instead of attacking or healing, but the problem does seem to be worse with ranged companions.

It's been noted in several threads now and still hasn't been addressed.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Melee companions are fine to me, but ranged companions don't move to the target to attack if they are not in range, they just stand far away and don't move.

You're probably near, or beyond, your (or the companion's) equipped weapon range. Move close before attacking and it should work better.

I know it's not SUPPOSED to work that way, but that's the work around I found since it's been broken.

Edited by Darevsool

You're probably near, or beyond, your (or the companion's) equipped weapon range. Move close before attacking and it should work better.

I know it's not SUPPOSED to work that way, but that's the work around I found since it's been broken.

You mentioned a workaround, good job, now they’ll never fix it :rolleyes:

In my testing if the ranged comp is more than approximately 30~32m away from their target they will not engage. If you are using a ranged comp make certain that the comp is less than 30m from the target prior to issuing a command. Note that it is the comp's distance, not yours, to the target. While you may be less than 30m from the target because comps often stand behind you they may be over that 30~32m threshold (the exact distance seems to vary with the comp). If they are your healer then it's you they need to stay within 30m of. This can be made more difficult as there appears to be a pathing bug, possibly a separate issue as this one also occasionally affects melee comps (I haven't noticed the above distance related bug behavior with melee comps), which is preventing comps from navigating obstacles or crossing some thresholds and which causes them to enter a brain-dead state; this is in addition to their tendency to lag behind, which can also place them over the threshold. One way to get a comp unstuck is to toggle on passive mode. This will generally, even if they are over 30m away, cause them to move to you. After which you can toggle passive mode off to restore combat or healing functions. Edited by ceryxp

From Owen:

This issue is known by the studio and is being worked on

I would add that while melee companions mitigate the problem to some extent, they still get confused by LoS more than they did before. Very annoying.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast