350 BH Comms Implant

miglor

considering you wont need them unless you are doing TFB HM, i dont see the issue.

If you are doing TFB HM, you should have Denova on farm....

Assumeing the above 2 are true, you can get enough comms to make this in about 4 weeks if you include LFG daily's and LFG Operation weeklies.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering you wont need them unless you are doing TFB HM, i dont see the issue.

Assumeing the above 2 are true, you can get enough comms to make this in about 4 weeks if you include LFG daily's and LFG Operation weeklies.

4 weeks of just grinding towards an implant?! That seems "reasonable" to you huh? lol

Completely agreed. It's a bullsh*t price that doesn't reflect the value of the item. If it was awesome, an honest to goodness upgrade, then yeah, maybe that kind of inflation makes sense, but this is ridiculous.

Your itemiztion guys are doing a piss poor job. I have no problem grinding out comms for stuff that actually is worth the grind. This? This is just busy work and poor design.

They really are horribly optimized. I have yet to see a single hazmat implant that provides any sort of true upgrade. Add to the fact that many of them have duplicate stats. It just doesnt make sense. What's the point?

Edit: you absolutely do NOT need them for HM TfB, in fact, due to the stat itemization, you would actually perform worse in TfB with these implants. Where is power/surge? Why are most of the sentinel implants so heavy on endurance? again, it makes no sense....

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

that's gonna be at least 5 to 6 weeks for a lot of people because they won't always be able to spotlessly clear every operation that drops BH comms all the time. I've been farming for a long time now only have around 270.

To clear up some of the confusion we've seen in this thread, we asked George to clarify his answer. He was referring specifically to the relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations, which have been removed and are not available in 1.4. The Hazmat Implants, on the other hand, are priced as intended. I hope this helps clear up the confusion about the answer!

The question was about both so can we get some clarifiaction behind why they have been priced at 350 coms for a very marginal increase.

Is this the future for TOR where equipment is going to be so over priced that it becomes a mind numbing grind to get hold of it. When it is easier to either forgo the minor improvement or use PvP gear?

At the risk of coming across as a whiner I honestly thought that there had been an error when I looked at the stats on these implants.

As a sentinal (I cant speak for any other classes) it would be a downgrade for me...I'd be interested in alternative viewpoints on this as I've never been a particularly good number cruncher and realise I may just not understand what I'm looking at.

At the risk of coming across as a whiner I honestly thought that there had been an error when I looked at the stats on these implants.

As a sentinal (I cant speak for any other classes) it would be a downgrade for me...I'd be interested in alternative viewpoints on this as I've never been a particularly good number cruncher and realise I may just not understand what I'm looking at.

From what I've gathered, the new implants are poorly itemized for most, if not all, of the classes. Add to it the fact that now its going to take an absurd amount of time acquiring 700 BH comms, its a sure bet that most of us won't be grinding our gears just to get this poorly itemized, overpriced, useless crap.

So this is the direction endgame is taking? It was refreshing to see a more laidback, generous raiding environment in SWTOR but now you guys are throttling and getting stingy. No BH comms for SM TFB and only 1 token per boss in HM. And this implant pricing is moronic- to a geared player it's a tremendous irrational cost for a downgrade and to a player who's trying to gear up they could buy a fully optimized BH gear set for the cost of 2 such implants.

Unless this pricing is meant to incentivize the upcoming cash shop: when a player compares the effort it takes to grind 350 BH vs a nominal $ amount then this pricing scheme makes sense.

Edited by Projawa

Depends on your setup, if you are relying on your implants to reach the 100% accuracy (as most of us sents and maras do) then yes, the hazmat ones are useless, since the accuracy one comes with crit instead of power, if you have your accuracy solved with talents and/or other gear pieces, then the Hazmat Foestoppers MK-3 is an expensive but nice choice

From what I have read up to this point, and correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will)...

We can't get BH comms from the weekly at the BH on corellia for doing dailies, can't get them from the bosses or chests in SM EC anymore, can't get them from the rakghouls fp weekly (Kaon and LI). From last nights run of the first 2 bosses in HM TFB, the bosses only drop one piece of gear per boss. You think maybe bioware thinks they made the gear grind too easy and are trying to remedy that? If so, I think they are painting with too broad a brush...

Edit: Apparently the BH comms from doing the blackhole dailies was a bug and is working now.

Edited by Fayme
misinformation

If I could play devil's advocate for a minute:

These hazmat implants also drop from the very first (and honestly very easy) boss in TFB HM. This is merely an alternate way of acquiring them.

350 BH comms isn't a shocking amount for a HM Ops raider. You get 33? just from 1 run of TFB HM (5 bosses + the weekly), another 28 from EC HM, 6 from the BHcorellia area dailies you can run in 30 minutes to make a ton of cash, 5 from GF every day. It adds up really fast.

If you're at the point where you'd be acquiring hazmat level gear naturally through TFB HM, you have little to nothing else to spend BH comms on anyway, and probably already have quite a few banked. For some classes, these are best in slot (and for those that they aren't, they should be fixed, I completely agree there).

If you're only doing story mode content, you shouldn't be able to acquire the best possible gear in the game (at least easily).

Edited by anakedcowboy

If I could play devil's advocate for a minute:

These hazmat implants also drop from the very first (and honestly very easy) boss in TFB HM. This is merely an alternate way of acquiring them.

350 BH comms isn't a shocking amount for a HM Ops raider. You get 33? just from 1 run of TFB HM (5 bosses + the weekly), another 28 from EC HM, 6 from the BHcorellia area dailies you can run in 30 minutes to make a ton of cash, 5 from GF every day. It adds up really fast.

If you're at the point where you'd be acquiring hazmat level gear naturally through TFB HM, you have little to nothing else to spend BH comms on anyway, and probably already have quite a few banked. For some classes, these are best in slot (and for those that they aren't, they should be fixed, I completely agree there).

If you're only doing story mode content, you shouldn't be able to acquire the best possible gear in the game (at least easily).

So think about this a little. There are a lot of guilds who are only beginning the progression to TFB HM so it'll be only a very few percentage of players who will get the 33 Commendations. You don't get 28 Comms in EC HM anymore unless I'm mistaken, you get only 20 (chests have been removed). This is equal to weeks of grinding just for an implant piece. Something is wrong with that.

You still get 8 for the weekly EC quest. I didn't think that was removed. In fact, I'm pretty sure the checkpoint for getting those comms was moved to the tanks instead of the minefield, making them easier. 5 per boss + 8 for the quest.

It's an alternative method of acquiring gear that also drops in the hardest raid in the game. It doesn't seem crazy to me the amount of time it would take to get these when a dedicated raider can pull down 75-90 BH comms a week per raiding character. I think people would feel less annoyed by the cost if they were truly vastly superior implants for every class than those that cost 1/10th of the cost.

Everyone gets an opinion :)

So think about this a little. There are a lot of guilds who are only beginning the progression to TFB HM so it'll be only a very few percentage of players who will get the 33 Commendations. You don't get 28 Comms in EC HM anymore unless I'm mistaken, you get only 20 (chests have been removed). This is equal to weeks of grinding just for an implant piece. Something is wrong with that.

If some1 is not doing TfB HM, he should not be working on Hazmat implants, Black Hole ones are much more cheaper, almost as efficient (even more depending on gear setup) and absolutely enough for smashing EC HM.

AllisonBerryman you have disappointed a lot of the players with this ridiculous itemization and pricing today. Please get this sorted out.

I'm pretty sure this is proof positive that NO ONE involved in developing this game plays it any more. All the devs must have unsubbed months ago.

6-8 weeks PER implant?

100 Warzones for the WH chest piece?

Relics that actually DEGRADE your stats over the previous tier?

PVP items that are better for PVE than anything you can buy or that drops for PVE?

Being FORCED to take certain stats or mix and match your gear sets... Alacrity lol useless...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Indians they are outsourcing their artwork to are also putting the stats on them. Would make sense why all of the gear sets are absurd.

Completely agreed. It's a bullsh*t price that doesn't reflect the value of the item. If it was awesome, an honest to goodness upgrade, then yeah, maybe that kind of inflation makes sense, but this is ridiculous.

Your itemiztion guys are doing a piss poor job. I have no problem grinding out comms for stuff that actually is worth the grind. This? This is just busy work and poor design.

^^ Right on, this is B.S.

To clear up some of the confusion we've seen in this thread, we asked George to clarify his answer. He was referring specifically to the relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations, which have been removed and are not available in 1.4. The Hazmat Implants, on the other hand, are priced as intended. I hope this helps clear up the confusion about the answer!

Can you explain to me why the itemization is so bad on these? If you look at the ones for Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights, you have DPS ones with higher endurance. This makes zero sense. The only one that has higher strength is one with accuracy and crit on it. To use that one optimally, I would have to make up for it by finding any accuracy + crit enhancements I have and swap those out to power/surge.

Why do you have 2 of the 3 DPS ones with higher endurance? Don't tell me some weak excuse that we need to swap out Mods around for true BiS. Implants don't have pieces to swap out. It's all or nothing.

Such trash... really, it is. What a waste of time to even farm these as a Marauder.

I would just suggest that everyone ignore the Hazmat Implants like pretty much everyone ignored the horribly designed and implemented Inheritance/Birthright gear. The numbers of people who spent 200 daily/fleet comms getting an Inheritance or Birthright piece must be very low indeed. Bioware doesn't seem to give a crap about complaints on the forums, but they must have data that can verify their utter design failures. If they implement something that next to no one uses, it proves how stupid their decisions are. That's about the best we can hope for.

I won't be wasting the time on them and if anyone is stupid enough to farm them and get the schamatic then i might but then i be as stupid as the player that went after it . and with BH Comms nerf the only thing i see a need for BH comms is my CT or Artifice sense im runin HMTFB and HMEC, i see no other use for BH comms now. Edited by moonshoter

From what I have read up to this point, and correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will)...

We can't get BH comms from the weekly at the BH on corellia for doing dailies, can't get them from the bosses or chests in SM EC anymore, can't get them from the rakghouls fp weekly (Kaon and LI). From last nights run of the first 2 bosses in HM TFB, the bosses only drop one piece of gear per boss. You think maybe bioware thinks they made the gear grind too easy and are trying to remedy that? If so, I think they are painting with too broad a brush...

Edit: Apparently the BH comms from doing the blackhole dailies was a bug and is working now.

Can't from any SM OPS boss drops no chests any place I'm guessing why none drop in NIM KP its a chest they used to drop in no other reason i can see , you still need rakate or better gear for NIM KP ...all the weekly that gave them im ware of still DO the timer on them is messed up they reset last ntie only reason i see us getting them today i was able to get them at 2 am in morning last nite on all my 50s LI kaon / BH etc so it has to be a timer thing or a live hotfixx tthey did and didnt tell us . the weekly SM OPS still gives them but if some one is saved to the other OPS you maynot and Prolly won't get the reward for that OPS and have to ticket it ,,now if you ticket it they just give them to you but make sure to some extent you run it . and Loot drops in TFB SM/HM are intened as you said ....

Edited by moonshoter