Being squishy is not easy...

Metalmac

Survival is really low for any squishy class.

it's almost ironic how true the truth is...

especially when you are trying to 1 vs 2 as a sage... (start of match, 2 min mark)

strangely when you were 2 vs 1 on someone they seemed to die... (3:20, 4.5 min mark)...

sure you died 3 more times, but i'm sure the WZ win and 122 comms will comfort you...

especially when your suicidal delay tactic at the start of the match prevented them from capping their natural turret for a good 20 pt lead...

I watched your video, and to be honest I think you made several mistakes.

1) your a ranged class, you keep going right into the fight, like your a melee fighter class. You cannot survive long in the middle of a skirmish, with true melee fighter classes such as Sentinels or Sith Warriors.

2) you don't use enough buffs, you went through a good amount of that video with hardly any buffs up at all. If you die, you need to reactivate your class buff, as it always turns off after you die. You also should think about using adrenals, and expertise potions, and relics, through out the battle.

3) Your rotation seem really odd to me. You rely heavily on Project, and disturbance, (take too long to channel) in my opinion), but you should be using TK Throw, and watch for the abilties to proc, and give cd's on other abilities or buffs for others.

4) Lack of interrupts. You don't seem to use many interrupts other than trying to use force wave as an interrupt, as you see many times in that video it didn't actually help you achieve anything, other than push some guy back a foot, who can still kill you, quite easily within his killing range.

No harm in using a stun, as long as you remain within his resolve, and don't max that out. With this you should watch what the enemy is doing, and understand their rotations, and understand how your own class should work with your skill tree.

5) don't allow yourself to get dotted. DOT's should easily be stopped by using your skill that you have, to resist damage or area's affects. As a shadow, we have resilience, I can't remember if Sages have this or not, but either way you should have some thing like it, which gives you a resistance to force based attacks for a short time.

Your encounter with the Powertech, they have a pull ability, you need to stop him using it. I would also consider using other abilities you have more, such as the force earth quake you have, and also force imbalance, using these in combo with each other, along with project, and TK Throw and disturbance, use when you have the time to cast that. But abilities with instant cast are always I think going to be better.

Just my thoughts, anyway.

You would greatly improve your survivablity and mobility if you switched to a Balance PvP spec. Telekinetic is not great in PvP because you have to stay stationary to actually do anything. Also you should wait for the instant cast proc of Telekinetic Wave instead of actually casting it, if you wish to remain in the Telekinetic tree, you had the proc at 1:53.

especially when your suicidal delay tactic at the start of the match prevented them from capping their natural turret for a good 20 pt lead...

I love doing this.

Or running into a pit in huttball while a few people are attacking you and they follow

firstly damn that was laggy, also to be fair you went in there 2v1 when all cooldowns are up and they killed you off fast, its to be expected. But yeah light armour with no defensive cd goes down fast

Sages do fine when you play them properly. I always top dps charts and heal charts with minimal deaths. The main problem is that you suck. Well at least now I’ve finally had the opportunity to see through the eyes of someone who does <100k damage per wz.

NOTES FROM FIRST FIGHT:

In the first fight you cast bubble 6 secs before fight (should aim for 20-30 secs), you managed to cast one dot, randomly ran into them and moved around for 5 secs then cast knockback (hitting only one person), wasted cc breaker on a slow (always save for a 4 sec cc), moved around in a circle between t: 35-49 casting nothing (not a single skill asides for one wasted interrupt that hit nothing) and face-tanking them. You need to cast more than one dot and one knockback to be useful in a 20 sec fight.

Other assorted problems & semiconstructive criticism.

1. Clicker (and you keep misclicking at that)

2. Backpedalling (strafing and instants are your friends)

3. You don’t use LOS/positioning

4. You don’t use bubble proactively (or much at all)

5. You ignore your tele wave/tele throw procs and try to cast tele wave without a proc

6. You try to cast mind crush (untalented)

7. Please stop running back and forth while doing nothing. At least tab dot them or something.

8. You do not cast turbulence near enough (should take the place of mind crush as it does far more damage)

9. You use force speed to run into groups when you are focused (***?)

10. You never used your heals (you should always top up before fights and use LOS to heal up)

11. Use force potency more (especially for heals)

12. The only three times that you used your interrupt were against people who weren’t casting (lolwut?)

13. Why the **** would you spam disturbance 20 times in a row? Please mix in dot/turbulence and tele throw/tele wave when procced

14. You only used forcequake once

15. You don’t use potions/adrenals/stims at all

16. You don’t keep class buffs up at all times

17. You waste all your stuns randomly instead of choosing good times to stun

18. You try to knockback a vigilance guardian after leap

19. You don’t use dispel

20. You never bubble your allies

21. You play middle spec in pvp

while i agree that the OP makes a lot of mistakes it doesnt excuse for the fact that sage survivability needs help.

i mean, even with his medium skills, the OP would survive longer and probably do more damage if he were playing some other class.

with rated wzs around the corner, we know that team pvp is going to be based on focus fire and assist trains and that will make the sage class the "weak link" of the chain since he has low chances of survival and all his escapes can be countered.

for example, if a team assist trains a marauder, he can pop his godly cooldown and endure. of course he will die as soon it expires but that 5 seconds might be the time needed for his assist train destroy the opposite team.

once a sage gets trained, if the players training him are good, there is no escape. the sage cant do anything that blocks the train:

- force wave is lacklustre, its laggy and 8 meters in a game where melee can hit you in 4m range is dumb. the melee can just take 2 setps and hell be back in melee range. and good assist trains will have both melee and ranged component.

- force run will be snared or even stunned by good players, 99% of the time. were talking about rated players here. if a sage waits for his resolve bar to be filled to run hell prolly be already dead, and slows are out of resolve. not to mention grapple.

- bubble is a joke. it was good when everyone was undergeared but since it doesnt scale properly (i dont think it scales at all) it will be popped with non crit attacks from any well geared class.

- whirlind is cool to the sage specs that can proc it instant, but its cast time makes it less useful to the specs that dont proc because the sage survivalbility is such a joke that if he stops to force lift someone hes going to die.

of course teamplay is king and good sages will put decent numbers but i cant help thinking that when i go into rated wzs the sages are going to be the most difficult AC to protect.

im a assault trooper (pyro pt mirror) and sages/sorcs are the AC that i kill with most ease, its not even a challenge, u guys dies so fast that you dont even have time to fight back.

i feel for sages, its sad.

Edited by Laforet

Sages do fine when you play them properly. I always top dps charts and heal charts with minimal deaths. The main problem is that you suck. Well at least now I’ve finally had the opportunity to see through the eyes of someone who does <100k damage per wz.

NOTES FROM FIRST FIGHT:

In the first fight you cast bubble 6 secs before fight (should aim for 20-30 secs), you managed to cast one dot, randomly ran into them and moved around for 5 secs then cast knockback (hitting only one person), wasted cc breaker on a slow (always save for a 4 sec cc), moved around in a circle between t: 35-49 casting nothing (not a single skill asides for one wasted interrupt that hit nothing) and face-tanking them. You need to cast more than one dot and one knockback to be useful in a 20 sec fight.

Other assorted problems & semiconstructive criticism.

1. Clicker (and you keep misclicking at that)

2. Backpedalling (strafing and instants are your friends)

3. You don’t use LOS/positioning

4. You don’t use bubble proactively (or much at all)

5. You ignore your tele wave/tele throw procs and try to cast tele wave without a proc

6. You try to cast mind crush (untalented)

7. Please stop running back and forth while doing nothing. At least tab dot them or something.

8. You do not cast turbulence near enough (should take the place of mind crush as it does far more damage)

9. You use force speed to run into groups when you are focused (***?)

10. You never used your heals (you should always top up before fights and use LOS to heal up)

11. Use force potency more (especially for heals)

12. The only three times that you used your interrupt were against people who weren’t casting (lolwut?)

13. Why the **** would you spam disturbance 20 times in a row? Please mix in dot/turbulence and tele throw/tele wave when procced

14. You only used forcequake once

15. You don’t use potions/adrenals/stims at all

16. You don’t keep class buffs up at all times

17. You waste all your stuns randomly instead of choosing good times to stun

18. You try to knockback a vigilance guardian after leap

19. You don’t use dispel

20. You never bubble your allies

21. You play middle spec in pvp

^This

Also:

No one should expect any sort of survivability in pvp while keyboard turning, back-pedalling and clicking abilities. Binding your abilities to keys and learning how to move effectively is not a matter of personal preference it is absolutely necessary to even have any chance of success in pvp.

No matter how clunky and awkward it may feel at first you will never even have a chance of becoming a good pvp player unless you do these most basic things.

I liked your criticisms but what are you trying to achieve by starting off with saying this....

Switch to Balance bruh! I have tried so many different specs and after 1.2 Balance is the only way to go man! Sever Force is just great, but with the DoTs and TK Throw spam the spec is very powerful.

You need to put a sticky note on your monitor thats says "Remember to LoS." When guys are casting on you step out of the way and interrupt that cast bruh!

Stop using Force Wave randomly bruh. Use it when those Maras/Juggs jump you or when a caster is casting.

Stop running into the middle of the nodes bruh.

Being a TK sage you are at a disadvantage using Disturbance all the time as a huge glowing bubble is flying every which way. Another bonus to Balance Sages is the tiny pebbles are hardly noticeable and allows us to free cast without being noticed.

Did you use any WZ adrenals? +15% is BIG.

Edited by Kovaos
Bruh

I liked your criticisms but what are you trying to achieve by starting off with saying this....

Establishing my internet credibility while concurrently alluding to the fact that OP is bad.

Sage/Sorc is wayy to squishy. However, not that squishy :p Our surv comes from kiting, LOSing etc. We have Force speed, use it! We are probably the hardest class to play atm in warzones, just because we have to kite and position ourselves wisely. Edited by Teabaker

I don't always run into 1v2 instead of hiding then aoe'ing the two guys capping node, but when I do i go full force and make a video about being "squishy".

Anyhow ranged is your friend, 20 second force speed (spec) + overload stun (mezz if spec'd) shield + stun if (spec ) + force slow + WW mara's/heavy hitters.

i

i can see 2 pyrotechs there im suprised you even lasted that long.

powertechs and vanguards are insanely overpowerd and have the highest burst dps in game. a powertech/vanguard with the same gear as me can put down my commando in around 5 seconds and thats with me healing myself.

lol tbh its actualy harder to kill a sage/sorce healer than it is a commando/merc healer and im not kidding about that.

i specced into gunnery and was able to light up commando/merc healers like a christmass tree but everytime i attacked a sorce/sage for one it takes like half my ammo just to pop the bubble which they just put back on after it pops and then they have so much utility and what not to stop you casting and are alot harder to kill than commando/mercs.

but yes dont be alarmed about coming up against 2 powertechs they are overpowerd