PVP Tank Gearing in 2.0

Anishor

Thas is logical, but I wouldnt even use 2 with same effect, will use def/absorb for pvp, both conqeror.

edit: if I got you right, so confused :rolleyes::D

You didn't.

2 proc relics, regardless of if it's 1 absorb and 1 def, 2 def or 2 absorb, will share an ICD if they're both PVP or if they're both PVE - only if 1 is PVP and 1 is PVE both will proc.

Edited by steave

You didn't.

2 proc relics, regardless of if it's 1 absorb and 1 def, 2 def or 2 absorb, will share an ICD if they're both PVP or if they're both PVP - only if 1 is PVP and 1 is PVE both will proc.

Yes, was afraid that was the case. But, I've seen some tanks running around with partisian proc and conqueror proc, def and absorb :confused: and tanks I consider to know what are they doing? Are they wrong then?

So, for pvp is pointless since pve one wont process, but for pve is useful until they fix it.

Yes, was afraid that was the case. But, I've seen some tanks running around with partisian proc and conqueror proc, def and absorb :confused: and tanks I consider to know what are they doing? Are they wrong then?

So, for pvp is pointless since pve one wont process, but for pve is useful until they fix it.

I was sitting on fleet next to a Sage spamming heals and saw he had a double Serendipitous Assault proc and when I inspected him he was using a Partisan and a Conqueror relic. It appears that the bug is on the PvP side of things and at present, other double PvP proc relics may stack.

As has been said already though, this is likely a bug and I would be surprised if it wasn't fixed in an upcoming patch. If you want to blow comms on the combo until then, go for it but if it does end up being patched I hope people don't come complaining about it.

Are these still the ideal stats for PvP? I'm curious as to whether or not these have changed along with the PvE stats.

The PVE stats changed due to getting data on S&V HM. That has no impact on PVP.

Hello

I am a shadow tank who playes both pve and pvp.

When it comes to pve and i need to choose between endurance and mitigation, there is not much doubt for me that i choose mitigation. So in pve gear full 69 augmented i'm standing around 2100 points and around 37.5 k hp. Until i can further optimize.

In pvp gear full partizan not augmented i am standing around 1200 points with 2018 expertise. What i wonder do i choose the same path like in pve or i stack endurance with the new purple 66 augments what will bring me above 39k hp.

Would love to have your opinion on this subject.

And KBN , me and the rest of the tanks in our guild very thankful for your efforts and appreciated it a lot.

Edited by chompi

so, you saying conqeror with absorb and conqueror with def is no no, but if one of them is arkanian or underworld, than it is working?

No no no

Both the defense and absorb relic regardless of PvP or pve , conq or partisan will stack together they do not share a icd but they proc from different effects

All pve relics do not work at all in PvP - they will never proc in any PvP zone

Conq + partisan if the same exact type will stack but not double partisan or double conq

For tanks having two relics that boost the same stat is detrimental even with separate ICDs

Because unlike power relic defense and absorb relics are effected by deminishing returns, Ex: if two absorb relics proc at the same time the second relic's boost is wasted because of how far your absorb rating is pushed into the DR curve

Just to clarify myself - I'm using conqueror with absorb and arcanian with def - they dont share CD, they pop randomly, sometimes one after another, sometimes both in virtualy the same time.

Step away from the arkanian relic, those relics are a trick

ALL PVE relics will NOT proc in PvP combat. EVER

Just read the discription it clearly states that it will not procs in PvP

Also if you read those descriptions you will notice that they proc from different sources

Def procs from being attacked

Absorb procs from shielding an attack

If you have a DoT on you that dot might proc your def relic because it is attacking you, however it will not proc the absorb relic because dots are not shield able.

Def and absorb relics can be active at same time however this is unlikely in PvP situations due to the nature of defensive stats in PvP.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I dont use that in PVP, just in pve ;)

In pvp i use partisian + conqueror. This is my set for pvp.

But which relics specifically?

My alt is a shadow tank and I basically PvP full time but I am learning what gear is best so any help is appreciated :).

• 4 months later...
If you have a DoT on you that dot might proc your def relic because it is attacking you, however it will not proc the absorb relic because dots are not shield able.

Def and absorb relics can be active at same time however this is unlikely in PvP situations due to the nature of defensive stats in PvP.

Ok I know this is a dead thread, but just wanted to point out you actually do shield dots and can block them. This was one of the changes in 2.0 which is why in pve shield absorb was more beneficial because you can now shield all forms of damage.

Ok I know this is a dead thread, but just wanted to point out you actually do shield dots and can block them. This was one of the changes in 2.0 which is why in pve shield absorb was more beneficial because you can now shield all forms of damage.

Actually not quite, shield can now shield all kinetic and energy attacks. The vast majority of dots in pvp are internal or elemental dots. (there are exceptions, but the majority of the hard hitting ones are I/e)

So for practical purposes you can assume that you can't shield dots.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have thoughts on preferable relics for PVP? I figured the defense proc is a no brainer, but I was thinking the proc that gives you an absorb shield would be preferable to the one that gives you extra absorb AFTER you shield an attack. But maybe I'm thinking about how it would work out worse. I basically see the one as a guaranteed amount of damage being absorbed if I'm getting hit, whereas a higher absorb rating means I have to shield the next few attacks to get something out of it.

Now, the fortunate redoubt relic (think that's the one that gives you a small shield) only procs every 40 seconds, so maybe that's too much of a drawback? I'd appreciate any thoughts people had.

Edited by Pilgrim_Grey

Anyone have thoughts on preferable relics for PVP? I figured the defense proc is a no brainer, but I was thinking the proc that gives you an absorb shield would be preferable to the one that gives you extra absorb AFTER you shield an attack. But maybe I'm thinking about how it would work out worse. I basically see the one as a guaranteed amount of damage being absorbed if I'm getting hit, whereas a higher absorb rating means I have to shield the next few attacks to get something out of it.

Now, the fortunate redoubt relic (think that's the one that gives you a small shield) only procs every 40 seconds, so maybe that's too much of a drawback? I'd appreciate any thoughts people had.

The defense relic is actually the worst tank relic for PvP, the shield amplification relic and reactive warding relics are the BiS

The defense relic is only giving ~5% defense chance on 35% uptime, and that's only good for half the attacks in PVP anyway. Chances are the defense relic's proc will not affect anything for most of its procs.

Absorb is good because shield affects both F/T and M/R attacks and shield has a higher chance to proc than defense rating

The RW relic is also good since flat absorb is dependable

• 2 weeks later...

Augs depend on class. For Sin and Vanguard tanks - fortitude augs are a must. Sins take it because of the increase in self-healing and to give a buffer to counter their spiky nature. VG take it because they have such low shield and defense chance and little DcD they have to have the buffer.

Guardians it is a wash mostly because of how effective their DcD are and their tree has several talents such as crushing blow for Sonic wall that are entirely independent from gear stats. I would actually advocate for a jug to take maybe half absorb and half endurance augs, but running full endurance augs isn't terrible in any means.

Will have to wait for 2.5 to see if Sin stat priority changes.